PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone transitioned without changing names?

Midnight Skye
08-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Silly topic... but I'm curious if anyone knows of someone who didn't change their names when transitioning. I'm mostly asking because oddly enough the name I was born with is a very rare male name. On the other hand its much more common as a female name.

I'm mostly just jumbling around if not changing names is more confusing to coworkers or lowers others acceptance of when one transitions. Just jumbled thoughts :eek:

Elsa Larson
08-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I had a friend whose name worked both ways. She KEPT her birth name during and after transition.

She was featured on Dr. Drew in 1992 with brief interviews from Mt. San Rafael hospital in Trinidad, Colorado before and after she became a Biber girl.

When she applied for a federal job, the interviewer asked if she had anything else to tell them. "Only my history as a male," she replied. She GOT the job.

BTW, she's tall, 6'1". The hormones did a great job of reshaping her hips/buttocks and her waist moved up several inches. And the reduced upper body muscle mass completed the transformation. I gave her several pairs of jeans and slacks that just hung on me but looked really feminine on her new frame.

Transitioning in plain sight with the same name works well for some.

Saika
08-04-2009, 09:28 PM
My real name can be used for both a man or women, so I will not need to change my name while transitioning.

:heehee:

Sharon
08-04-2009, 10:13 PM
I transitioned in October, 2006 -- I had my name legally changed in May, 2008, though I started the actual process the previous August. Life would have been a lot easier if I had changed the name earlier, but I managed okay. It was actually a bit humorous when cashiers and bank tellers would stumble for a pronoun to address me by whenever I presented ID, but the day I legally became "Sharon" was one of thew happiest of my life.

Teri Jean
08-05-2009, 07:24 AM
My name is the same as my given name with a spelling change. I went from Terry Gene to Teri Jean. This makes it less confusing and I always thought my parents were hoping for a girl first. Guesssssss whattttttt. lol

Teri

joanlynn28
08-05-2009, 09:27 AM
I kept my last name the same after a lot of taught, my parents accepting me for who I am and also not being ashamed of having a past. My first name only needed a spelling correction because someone transposed one letter in my name on my birth certificate. Originally I was going to change my whole name keeping my first name in the feminine form middle the same and using my original name as my new last name but just went with my name as it is now. It suits me perfectly now the way it is.

BreenaDion
08-05-2009, 12:21 PM
All I am going to keep in my name is my first two initials. Haven 4 kids 2 by each married an best an last 2 at home I was thinking of using my birth name instead of my adopted name ... thinking that way .

Love Breena Denise :love:

Elishal
08-05-2009, 01:59 PM
I can keep my name as it is largely gender neutral but I am thinking that I should start a new with a new name.

SirTrey
08-05-2009, 02:07 PM
I changed My name to a name that was very similar to My birth name, but masculinized....IE: Was Tracy, is Trey. (Actually, growing up, My brother used to use the shortened version of My name all the time, I guess because it cut off one syllable). LOL

Beth-Lock
08-05-2009, 04:22 PM
I am transitioning, now living full-time, and just changed the spelling of my name.

noeleena
08-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Hi...
For me was quite good as its noel . no-el . as its both male & female . so we Jos & i looked at having a different name or just add to it . a friend has her name like mine is just spelt differently . so for a while it was noeleen . then when i was in phuket one of the nurses said no it has to be noeleena .. & it is . 2 nd name was edward . is now edwina .. last name . Loch-head ..same from birth . we did not realy change names till after i had s r s . & now it.s all legal .
...noeleena...