PDA

View Full Version : posture and positions

janet28
08-04-2009, 04:58 PM
i was wondering if anyone know where i can find pictures or anything like that that shows proper posture and positions of gg?

TGMarla
08-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Let me help:

tricia_uktv
08-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Let me help:

Ha-ha and yes. We each have to find our own because we are all different

janet28
08-04-2009, 05:08 PM
i understand we are all different but there has to be some that are common to all.

Veronica Nowakowski
08-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Some tips are sitting upright, especially when speaking, standing up straight, and things like that. I can't help you more than that.

tricia_uktv
08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Janet, my dance teacher told me to imagine a pencil between my shoulder blades. That was the best piece of advice I got because it thrusts the breasts out and means you walk with your hips and not your shoulders. But you have to practice and see what's right for you.

I have just noticed (I practice all the time) that I can stand up even straighter still and that seems to give me more of a presence. It may just be in my mind but what is in my mind is what I portray; and that matters.

Another little tip. When getting up from a chair, put your legs together (hopefully they are already), move them to the side, swivel your feet slightly and rise using your legs and your hips - no shoulders. Its very elegant.

Have fun

Super Amanda
08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
I find that shoulders back, chest out give a decently feminine posture for many.

Also, walking with a slightly shorter stride, one foot in front of the other, as if walking an imaginary line. If you can master that, a decent gait can be achieved.

Put a full length mirror at the end of a hallway, or large open area, and practice walking, and gestures and all. Another good idea is to film yourself, and then you can see from other angles thing that a mirror cannot.

Wen4cd
08-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Practice in a mirror, mostly undressed. ;)

Really, proper posture transcends gender. No matter who you are you wil benefit from it.

I instantly drop 2 pants sizes by standing up straight and keeping my hips in a decent posture.

And my back hurts much less if I do the 'imagine the pencil between your shoulder blades, and then sliding down into your back pocket" trick.

tricia_uktv
08-04-2009, 05:34 PM
I find that shoulders back, chest out give a decently feminine posture for many.

Also, walking with a slightly shorter stride, one foot in front of the other, as if walking an imaginary line. If you can master that, a decent gait can be achieved.

Put a full length mirror at the end of a hallway, or large open area, and practice walking, and gestures and all. Another good idea is to film yourself, and then you can see from other angles thing that a mirror cannot.

Yes. The other thing you can do is ever so slightly cross your legs as you walk. Watch a model on the catwalk - that is exagerated, but just slightly doing it will open up your hips and give you a wiggle.

Head high (massively important) and freely swing your arm - one will likely be holding your handbag.

Amanda is right, its practice, practice, practice. A couple of weeks ago I was described as elegant and I loved the comment. But its taken me over a year to get there.

Joni Marie Cruz
08-04-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm always interested in new positions though I'm not as flexible as I used to be. Sigh. Sorry, couldn't resist, it's just how I am.

However, on a more serious note, somewhere I have bookmarked an interesting site that illustrates the differences between a male and female walk. It's a stick figure but informative nonetheless. You can dial it from ultra-macho to ultra-feminine as well as vary the speed from a slow, casual saunter to almost a run. I am still trying to locate it.

Some of the main things I remember, aside from the typically feminine hip sway, is that men hold their elbows out, away from the body and tend to take up a lot of room when they walk. Women hold their elbows in closer to their bodies and tend to rotate their hands outward and present more of the palm of the hand, men show the backs of their hands. Men also keep their shoulders squared, women tend to move theirs as they swing their arms which is not so pronounced, the arm swing that is, as men's. Women generally, like we didn't know this, tend to be more graceful and fluid in their walk and other gestures. Hmm, what else? Women tend to put one foot in front of the other, something you can see in an exaggerated manner in models on the catwalk who will even cross one foot in front of the other as they walk. I tried it and tripped myself...it was graceful, though.

Anyway, I am still searching for that link. I lost a lot of bookmarked favorites when I had some computer issues a few months ago. Stay tuned. It'll be interesting to see if anyone comes up with more info or links.

Hugs...Joni Mari

kellycan27
08-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Kamasutra? :heehee: OOPS, did I say that out loud?

Deedee Dupree
08-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Here's what I do. I go up to Broadway and sit on a bench. By the time my Venti is consumed I have observed several hundred "experts" show me the way.

janet28
08-04-2009, 06:32 PM
thanks for all the help. i appreciate it.

Taylor186
08-04-2009, 10:26 PM
I've always like the idea that you imagine a golden thread attached to the top of your head pulling you straight up towards the sky.

rebecca_morris_75
08-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Let me help:

Ugh that image made me cringe :doh:

heatherdress
08-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Oh no - 3 posts and I am stuck already. Being new, I do not know what "gg" means. Great or gigantic something? Double gorgeous? And positions? Posture?

Rachel Morley
08-05-2009, 12:30 AM
How about this - it's Denae Doyle's site. She was the femininity coach to Felicity Huffman in the movie Trans America. http://www.femimage.com/video_fm1-dvd.htm

linnea
08-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Oh no - 3 posts and I am stuck already. Being new, I do not know what "gg" means. Great or gigantic something? Double gorgeous? And positions? Posture?

genetic girl

heatherdress
08-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhh. Thanks Linnea.

crossdrezzer1
08-05-2009, 05:27 AM
once wearing a wedding dress for my wife so she could work on it for halloween she made me all up,,, then told me but out and chest out,,thats the way girls hold their body,,, who would of known,,,

kristinacd55
08-05-2009, 05:42 AM
i was wondering if anyone know where i can find pictures or anything like that that shows proper posture and positions of gg?

Hi Janet,
Found a decent one for basic pics on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MbNWQlYzxU
of course Marla's pic was quite educational :eek:
there's also some on feminine walking too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZlYCIzxZro

janet28
08-05-2009, 05:55 AM
Hi Janet,
Found a decent one for basic pics on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MbNWQlYzxU
of course Marla's pic was quite educational :eek:
there's also some on feminine walking too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZlYCIzxZro

thanks for the links.

sarahNZ
08-05-2009, 10:17 AM
genetic girl

funny I used to think it was GG as in slang term for horse like "nag", as in my woman keeps nagging me.:lol2::bigsmack:

Joni Marie Cruz
08-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Yay, I effin found it...took forever. Here's the addy http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html.

I find the happy, nervous, light female to be particularly entertaining. Oh, and click on "lines" just below the "on/off", it connects the dots. Have fun. FWIW, it does show how differently men and women move, as if we didn't know that already. Myself, I tend to walk more femme without thinking about it, if I want to look all butch I have to make myself do it.

Hugs...Joni Mari

CharleneT
08-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Honestly, the best way is to observe the real thing honey. Go to the mall, sit down somewhere and people watch. Find a location where you can see folks doing a wide variety of things. If you have a walking mall in your town it can be a great place for this because of the folks sitting as well as shopping and out door restaurants. You'll find there is a huge variety in how women move, sit, stand etc.

Try not to stare too much or you may creep someone out.

Good luck !!

Charlene

leggylisa
08-05-2009, 11:49 AM
lol took me ages to figure out what GG was, i refused to ask would have been much more painless if i had lol

Joni Marie Cruz
08-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Just to chime in one more time, I do agree with Deedee and Charlene, just get out somewhere and people watch, malls, airports, parks, wherever. Watching girls is fun anyway, you'll see lots of things to emulate and model your own behavior and style on as well as lots of things to avoid.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Persephone
08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Watch the movie "Legally Blonde" and look for "The Move." It says a lot.

Nicola46
08-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Yay, I effin found it...took forever. Here's the addy http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html.

I find the happy, nervous, light female to be particularly entertaining. Oh, and click on "lines" just below the "on/off", it connects the dots. Have fun. FWIW, it does show how differently men and women move, as if we didn't know that already. Myself, I tend to walk more femme without thinking about it, if I want to look all butch I have to make myself do it.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Wow what a great tool to use, Ive been wanting to find something like this :) I like the idea you can rotate the moving image and see it from side too, Thanx Joni.

Angelofsomekind
08-05-2009, 05:02 PM
I always wear a corset when I dress, it forces me to sit straight, but it seems every time I dress up, I have good posture. I have had people coment on it. I don't know why I do it, it just kinda happens.

rebecca_morris_75
08-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Try not to stare too much or you may creep someone out.
I've found that a nice pair of sunglasses or "pretending to do something on my cell phone" works out well, not that I ever stare toooo long :)

sissystephanie
08-05-2009, 06:53 PM
What I learned years before many of you were born! ATTITUDE! CHIN UP, CHEST OUT, SHORTER STEPS WITH ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER, AND ARMS SLIGHTLY SWINGING! That was taught to me by a professional model over 50 years ago. I still practice it all the time. Your attitude is what makes it happen! Think of yourself modeling a pretty dress in front of several thousand people. Then think, CPCOSSAS (see above for explanation). That is the way I was taught to do it, and it does work. My late wife used to say that I walked more like a lady than she did!!:) We had a professional dancer friend who said the same thing. As my late wife used to say, "If you've got it, flaunt it!" And I did!:heehee:

Ellen Renee Edwards
08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
I found this site suggested on one of the boards last spring but haven't had time to fully check it out:
http://udefineu.com/

Love, Ellen

Stefanie_Adams
08-06-2009, 10:29 AM
How about this - it's Denae Doyle's site. She was the femininity coach to Felicity Huffman in the movie Trans America. http://www.femimage.com/video_fm1-dvd.htm

Rachel, I own that DVD and it is pretty darn good if I may say so. Was thinking of starting a thread asking which sites help girls like us and ones that don't and just prey on us. Denae is one of the better if not the premier site.

MichelleP
08-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi Janet,

You need to watch the "experts" i.e. genetic girls and practice, practice, practice. For me airports are fabulous but I travel a lot too. Malls, busy city streets etc are all good places to observe feminine deportment (the good, the bad and the ugly).

Michelle

tracigirl_tv
08-06-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm always interested in new positions though I'm not as flexible as I used to be....

Joni, from the looks of your avatar, you're doing just fine with that flexibility thing :)

xxx

Kathy Ann
08-06-2009, 11:53 AM
It will come to you in time , Get a full lenght mirror and pratice. All i have to do now is put on a pair of pumps , i feel sexy everything else comes natural .

Good luck
Love Kathy Ann ox ox ox