PDA

View Full Version : Sarah goes to town!

sarahNZ
08-05-2009, 12:20 AM
:D

Today started off as so many days before, get out of bed, put fresh knickers and bra on (nothing new there). I put on my breast forms and outfit for the day (see pic) and put my face on to the best of my ability (which I am told is pretty good) all of which is not too out of the ordinary.

But for some reason today I picked up my new hand bag loaded it with all the esentials (ciggys, lighter, lipstick, you get the idea) slipped into my heels, one final check of my wig walked downstairs and got into my car. After driving for around 4 mins (almost to town) I checked to see that my wallet was still in its usual place, shock horror I had driven into town with out it, so back home to search... Ok wallet now safely stashed in the hand bag and off we go again! (note that by this time I would have usually chickened out and goten changed again) First stop... the middle of town to use the ATM.

I parked about 50 metres away from the machine (around about 60-70 yards for those that don't speak metric) and summoned all my courage to get out of the car to walk myself to the bank. Having no isues arise from this seemingly medial task I wondered back to the car.
Yay step 1 complete!

Next stop :devil:The Mall:devil: once again I parked around 50 metres from the entrance so I had to walk in the open. It was just around this time that I recieved my first compliment, the P.R guy at the mall who knows me well (funny that) was walking the same way as I was going, and we met up just as we walked into the courtyard leading to the main door. Many steps followed before I called him a snob, He was surprised to see me dressed although he has known for a while, but just didn't recognise me. Success!!:D
Yay step 2 complete!

Right, on to Pagani. I have had my eye on some lovely tops in the store for a few days now so onwards and left turn into the store. The SA who also knows about my dressing (again I say funny that) didn't recognise me either, she started a conversation with me thinking that I was one of her regular customers that comes in quite a bit, not untill I turned face on to her and asked if this look suited me? did she recognise me :heehee: compliments 2,3&4.
Step 3 complete!

After about 20 or so minutes searching the racks for one top that I had my eye on (only to find that it was sold yesterday) I had a few things that I wished to try on, so with the SA's blessing I wondered into the changing room and did my thing. I came out to ask if the tops suited and the answer was that I looked good in them. Of course by this time "Sarah" was having a wonderfull time and didn't care what any one else thought so I decided to see exactly how i would look in a slinky black dress that had been pointed out to me the day before. (when I went in in guy mode to look for something for my GG friend)
WOW!!! :D georgous if I do say so myself.
The dress has roushing all down the sides and is a real figure hugger with sequins (not to over the top) on the shoulder straps, and came down to about mid to low thigh. Again I stepped out of the booth to ask the SA how it looked, the reply 2 thumbs up! :D . I asked if I should have a shrug to go with the dress, so 4 different textures and styles were bought to my side for me to try on with the dress. I finally picked out 2 that I could use for almost any ocasion and wondered to the counter to pay.

After such a lovely time shopping I decided that I just don't care who sees me, and went for a wonder through the mall, hell I even got a wolf wistle and a big smile from another GG when I turned round to say thank you!

Was I read? more than likely... c'mon a 6'4" (with heels on) woman?... I think not! But it was definately fun and I can say that I will be doing it again! (Ok I was told to by a few of the ladies from the food court) :tongueout but that will have to wait until next payday:heehee: What can I say... "Sarah" spends it almost as fast as any GG I ever known:battingeyelashes:

Gina_C
08-05-2009, 02:17 AM
Go girl go. You describe really well the buzz we get when we venture out with confidence. I hope it encourages others to follow your same path, to stretch your confidence boundaries and JFDI.

Christina Horton
08-05-2009, 02:35 AM
:D

I asked if I should have a shrug to go with the dress, so 4 different textures and styles were bought to my side for me to try on with the dress. I finally picked out 2 that I could use for almost any ocasion and wondered to the counter to pay.

Ok your form New Zealand right? so whats a Shrug? BTW you looked great. When I go out there is no nerves for me just fun. Good luck next time.

sissystephanie
08-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Sarah, you are a beautiful lady! Even if you are a guy underneath!:) It is so much fun to go out in public and let people see your feminine side.:love: Of course, since I no longer have my wife to do my makeup and fix my wig, I just go out as a guy in a skirt, etc. But I still get smiles and compliments on my outfits.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Christina, a "shrug" is, I believe, another name for a shawl! Something to cover your shoulders.:2c:

:hugs::hugs:

Sarah_new
08-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Firstly, as another Sarah, the headline of this thread caught my eye :)

Anyway, what a great story, one day I'll do this, but until that time, I wish to congratulate you on your courage. Stories like this do inspire those of us still making our way towards this step.

sarahNZ
08-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Ok your form New Zealand right? so whats a Shrug? BTW you looked great.

Christina thank you so much for the kind words. In answer to your question... a shrug (as known by a kiwi) if I can show a few photos, is the (in this case) black open front top that covers your shoulders upper arms and the top of the back.

As I mentioned I found two that would be good for almost any ocasion. The first is short sleeved in a see through material which would be good or almost any formal ocasion, the second is long sleeved and has a rather unusual part at the front which can be used bunched up as a normal shrug, thrown back to give that off the shoulder look, or folded across the front and with the help of a broach can be turned into a full front top.

Stephanie I was amazed at the reactions of people to be honest, I even got myself a wolf whistle and a great big smile from the GG that was responsable for it. what a rush to be sure.

Sarah (new) you will get there, all in good time. heck I have been working up to this most of my life. Good things take time but are worth it in the end.