PDA

View Full Version : Another company function - but huge this time

Natasha Anne
07-15-2005, 02:20 PM
I thought I'd update you all :)

I went to our company's end of year Awards Dinner/Party. It was a formal occasion, and I went in a gorgeous fuschia ballgown and 4" heels. Here are some pictures to satisfy the curios amongst you, who only saw the dress in previous posts (but not me in it). The other people in the pictures colleagues and peers. There were over 400 people present with partners and spouses. It was nerve-wracking arriving at such a huge venue.

There are a few more in my other thread at http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9503

Anita
07-15-2005, 02:27 PM
very nice you look very pretty I am intrigued does your company accept you as a crossdresser and your workmates too?

Wendy me
07-15-2005, 02:29 PM
veary pretty you looked wonderful......the dress was as pretty as was your smile.....

BethCD
07-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Tasha, Very pretty. Most of all you look extremely happy and content. Best of luck in your journey. :D

Beth

Julie York
07-15-2005, 02:32 PM
You look great!
You must be a bit of celebrity in your company by now. There can't be anyone who doesn't know of you.

Natasha Anne
07-15-2005, 02:35 PM
very nice you look very pretty I am intrigued does your company accept you as a crossdresser and your workmates too?

On the most part. There are a few exceptions, as expected. It's been a long road with many challenges, but I approached the subject with respect to others, so this year when I finally got the guts to go for it, people suspected it was coming and just shrugged or smiled when I pitched up. There is no real recipe, but I can suggest you start being yourself regardless of whether you are in drab or not. People seem more accepting when what you do, no matter how nuts, is congruent with your personality.

Loads of people wanted to pose or dance with me, and many others told me I looked fabulous. It was huge fun.

Natasha Anne
07-15-2005, 02:37 PM
You look great!
You must be a bit of celebrity in your company by now. There can't be anyone who doesn't know of you.

Of course. It was big news. It's the first time I went out in front of all the various departments and all the people's partners/spouses.

The photos I shared with you were taken by the hired photographers at the event and are on our central file server that stores event pictures.

Even the people that weren't there were looking and commenting today.

Melissa A.
07-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Jeez, I wish I worked in an environment where I could do that. Or at least socialize like that on a regular basis. Looks like so much fun. That's not jealousy, talking, Natasha(well, maybe a little envy!) I'm real happy for you. Looks like you had a blast! Great gown. You look fabulous. Congratulations on your night out.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Stephenie
07-15-2005, 02:51 PM
You look great in that dress. Must have been a real blast.

paulaN
07-15-2005, 02:57 PM
super cool!!!!!!! the pics say you had a great time. the smile shows joy. the gown and you are stunning. lucky to be you.

Natasha Anne
07-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Jeez, I wish I worked in an environment where I could do that. Or at least socialize like that on a regular basis. Looks like so much fun. That's not jealousy, talking, Natasha(well, maybe a little envy!) I'm real happy for you. Looks like you had a blast! Great gown. You look fabulous. Congratulations on your night out.

Hugs,

You might think so, but I suspect it would be hard for anyone just to jump out of the closet there. People tolerate me because of the work I put in making me acceptable. Of course that does mean it would be easier for others, but it does not mean people who aren't genuine and just doing it for shock value would not be tolerated.

Stephanie Mancini
07-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Simply gorgeous Natasha, you can come to Miss tv Scotland anytime!

Steph

Melissa A.
07-15-2005, 03:54 PM
You might think so, but I suspect it would be hard for anyone just to jump out of the closet there. People tolerate me because of the work I put in making me acceptable. Of course that does mean it would be easier for others, but it does not mean people who aren't genuine and just doing it for shock value would not be tolerated.

Oh, no, I'm not looking to shock anyone. And I have been out as Melissa, to places tgs are accepted, just not all that often. And have had a couple of relationships since my divorce, in which cding was ok. I understand the effort involved, and would just like the freedom to do that occasionally, and be accepted. I am genuine. I did not mean to imply that it was a snap. But I do understand your response, Natasha. I know it ain't easy.

Hugs,

Priscilla1018
07-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Natasha,(I love that name)

You look fantastic girl :kewlpics:

Deidra Cowen
07-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Very impressive...you are showing the rest of us a successful way to come out of the closet! Oh yeah...beautiful pics too...but thats not the main thing. You are representing us well with that large group of people.

Best post I've seen here in weeks...thanks for what you are doing and congratulations on your accomplishments Natasha!

Tamara Croft
07-15-2005, 05:08 PM
WOW, you look fantastic. You didn't look nervous at all :hugs: I just checked the other pics out, you look like you were having lots of fun. :D

Sierra
07-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Glad to see your friends supporting you,that takes a lot of courage to do.Hope your family life stays happy together ..your wife must be a very loving lady. :thumbsup:

Tristen Cox
07-15-2005, 08:54 PM
You're looking better and better. Like a girl having fun as she should be. Now, hand over those gloves, gim'me gim'me :D

CharleneCD
07-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Natasha, you looked absolutely stunning. I just hope I represent our community half as well as you do when I am at work.