PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Out

erin8042
08-05-2009, 10:44 PM
So i had a great opportunity to go shopping today but i didn't do it. Why you ask? I was not nervous about shopping or what people might think.

I knew I did not want to feel the shame I feel after I get all dressed up. I can't even look in the mirror. I just had to tell someone thanks for listening.

Veronica Nowakowski
08-05-2009, 10:47 PM
I went shopping by myself all dolled up just yesterday, no one noticed it seems, there's no need to chicken out. If you want some extra help though, post some full pics so you can get tips to look more feminine.

Wen4cd
08-05-2009, 10:51 PM
I highly recommend looking in the mirror. Sometimes I sit and stare into mirrors for hours.

mklinden2010
08-05-2009, 10:54 PM
If you're feeling shame, you're not doing something right.

Are you sure you read those J.C. Penny size charts carefully?

Roberta Marie
08-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Erin,

There is nothing in crossdressing to be ashamed about. There is nothing wrong with you, you're OK.

Ther is nothing wrong with crossdressing, crossdressing is not a sin. It's what you do, or don't do with crossdressing that might be a sin.

It took me almost 50 years to figure this out. Being transgendered is not a curse. Quite the contrary, being transgendered is a gift.

Grace,
Bobbi

sissystephanie
08-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Erin, as others have said there is nothing to be ashamed of. You dress to please yourself, not other people. If you look in the mirror, and don't like what you see, then change your style of clothing to something you do like, and make sure it fits properly!

I went to very busy Mall near my house today to eat luch in the Food Court and then to do some shopping. I wore my usual panties and a push-up bra for my natural 40 B's. Over those things I wore a knee length white belted skirt and a very deep V-neck white tank top. Oh yes, and open toe sandals so my painted toes could be seen. To make it even more interesting, I go out that way with no wig and no makeup except for some pink lipstick!:heehee: Sure I get looks, stares, and a few double takes! And yes, some people laugh! But, I DON'T CARE!! I dress to please myself, not the general public! My attitude, which you should adopt, is, "if you don't like the way I dress, don't look at me!"

Remember, there always a next time!

Persephone
08-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Dear Erin,

I'm sorry to hear about your feeling ashamed of yourself. Without more info from you it would be hard to tell where your feelings come from.

I do know that as someone who has been a CD for a very long time (over half of a century) I can completely agree with what Bobbi wrote:

There is nothing in crossdressing to be ashamed about. There is nothing wrong with you, you're OK.

Ther is nothing wrong with crossdressing, crossdressing is not a sin. It's what you do, or don't do with crossdressing that might be a sin.

It took me almost 50 years to figure this out. Being transgendered is not a curse. Quite the contrary, being transgendered is a gift.

It took me a very long time to figure that out too. If you feel that I can be of help, or if you just need to "talk," please feel free to private message me. We're here to help one another as best we can.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Dita_GG
08-06-2009, 01:33 AM
Repeat:

I have right to do shopping, I have right to do shopping, I have right....:)

Good luck:)

Sandra
08-06-2009, 07:06 AM
I knew I did not want to feel the shame I feel after I get all dressed up. I can't even look in the mirror. I just had to tell someone thanks for listening.

Hun can you explain to us why you feel the shame and can't look in the mirror.?

skirtsuit
08-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Couldn't agree more - no shame - it's in your head, not in others!

The more I do, the more acceptance I encounter. From supportive staff at the local MAC and AT stores to the women that came to MY house to look at womens clothing, it's all good!

I guess I should mention, in fairness, that it took me awhile to get to this point but it's great if you can get there.

All the Best,
SS / Ann

sophie13
08-06-2009, 07:21 AM
i to encountered nothing but acceptance when i went out yesterday, yes i was nervous but found the main barrier to be in my head, most people are getting on with thier everyday lives and couldn't care wot i was wearing

MJ
08-06-2009, 07:26 AM
There's nothing to be ashamed about sis this is a part of you. like peeing you've got to do it or you'll explode.

the mirror thing you have not seen me in the morning have you :eek:
tell us more sis we can help :hugs:

Kathy Ann
08-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Just do it.
Love
Kathy Ann ox ox ox

Marisa_M
08-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Erin,

Grace,
Bobbi

Absolutely agree with Roberta!!!!!
There is nothing to be ashamed. On the contrary you can feel each day more proud of what you are and deeply love your female self.

First of all you need to approve yourself and make your mirror your best friend.

J-Girl
08-06-2009, 09:31 AM
I felt the same way in the begining. What would people say. It takes time to get over those feelings. I LOVE shopping now. All those great clothes and shoes to chose from. Wow, now I have to go out and buy something!

docrobbysherry
08-06-2009, 10:30 AM
R u ashamed that u CD? Or, of the RESULTS, when u look in the mirror?:eek:

I can NEVER stand the way I look in the mirror, dressed.:doh:

Unless I'm wearing one of my "special faces"!:brolleyes:

Kathy Ann
08-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Ilove looking at my self in a full leght mirror .Always changing clothes looking at my self, i just want to be a WOMN period .

MichelleP
08-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Erin,

Please don't feel bad about about who you are. There is no shame it. Be yourself and don't worry about what others may think. You'll feel much better.

Hugs,
Michelle