PDA

View Full Version : Haven't felt like dressing for about 2 months now...

heathr1
07-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Anyone else been there?

I still like shopping for things though.

Emily Ann Brown
07-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Been there, done that ! But not lately. It eventually comes back stronger than before when it does.

Emily Ann

katie_cd_uk
07-15-2005, 03:12 PM
ive been dressing since i was 5 and have never felt like not dressing

Stephanie Mancini
07-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Hold on in there Heathr, the girl in your life will never leave you ever

Steph

Julie York
07-15-2005, 03:43 PM
I went through that recently. It's a bit odd how fickle the brain is. It was like dressing was actually very silly and embarrassing and pervey and just....well, what's the point? And then whatever it is.....it came back again.

It is interesting though, because it is a very specific 'perception' and it's very pronounced when it comes and goes. I can't think of anything like that which happens normally (i.e. without outside chemical help), other than medical depression.

Being drunk or not drunk is the nearest thing I can identify as being that sudden swing of mood and behaviour and that's to do with a particular chemical. So maybe if we all took a particular chemical we'd not want to dress anymore.....or if everyone took a particular chemical we'd all be flouncing round in high heels and dresses.

But at the moment, whatever chemical imbalance it is, we do it to ourselves and have no control over it. Maybe someone should do some study and change the world.

Sophie Haworth
07-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Julie.

I have often thought of what I do as chemical driven.

It is 3 months since I last dressed and have no desire to, in fact I enjoy life on both sides.

I did though last time I dressed go out and told my story back in April.

I did achieve what I intended to do and that for the moment seems to be enough.

I have bought clothes on e-bay about 50 garments, but they are still in their boxes gathering dust.

From experience though, It is just a matter of time before the "chemical" kicks in again, and It will be instant, and Sophie will take over again.

I can wait.

Sophie.

Jonien
07-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Anyone else been there?

I still like shopping for things though.

Did Spend 3 Days once It was hell I'll never do it again

Sara Kat
07-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Anyone else been there?
I wish I could be there. Sometimes it would make life a hell of a lot easier. :rolleyes:

Lisa Maren
07-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Hi heathr

Yeah, I've been there. I still have stretches of about two to three weeks during which I don't really feel like dressing up. It might have something to do with still not having accepted this part of myself 100%. I'm starting to again, though, so hopefully once I have that back, I'll stop needing to temporarily quit.

hugs,
Lisa

Stormgirl
07-15-2005, 06:48 PM
I am feeling like that right now,haven't really felt the urge to dress and seem to like my guy form more and more. Think it may have to do with some problems in the past with women. Yeah thats it,girl trouble. *shrugs*

DanaJ
07-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Strangely enough, two months exactly coincides with the date you joined here....

DanaJ

Angela Burke
07-16-2005, 04:33 AM
Heather,

Don't worry, it'll soon wear off.

We all seem to get these crazy notions from time to time.

You'll be back to normal before you know it!

Love

Angela xx

Deelite
07-16-2005, 05:17 AM
I am no doctor, but it could be the level of testosterone in your system, it goes up and down in a month like estrogen does in GG's.

Plus it probably triggers other undesired chemicals in the brain, giving you the unwanted feelings you have had.

When that level goes down, whooohoooo, Girly time!

As others have said, the girl in you will NEVER leave.

Dee.

Lisa Marie
07-16-2005, 08:27 AM
Only time I really dont feel like dressing is in the hot summertime! That way I cant wait for October to come. Angie

heathr1
07-24-2005, 08:57 AM
mother's house to check it as she is on holiday now and have to admit, looked inside her make-up case to see if she had anything I liked.

Didn't try anything though.

Interesting to see what she has bought.

Toyah
07-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Only time I really dont feel like dressing is in the hot summertime! That way I cant wait for October to come. Angie

Yep summer is a bummer it is too hot to even think, still at least in England it only lasts about a week:D

Wendy me
07-24-2005, 10:10 AM
i have gone like 2 or 3 days topps without dressing and i realy don't like the person that crawls out from that...my son wants me to go up for a week to camp for bear season ....7 days no wendy ???? i realy am afraid of this ....two months i think i would explode.....

JoAnnDallas
07-24-2005, 10:11 AM
It has been three days for me and I feel kinda naked.. LOL

Honestly....been there...done it....got the T-Shirt....

Longest time was 5 years. Some of the worst times in my life.