PDA

View Full Version : How many have approving wives or SO?

Ras
08-06-2009, 04:19 PM
How many of your wives, So or Gf are approving and willing to participate in your dressing or do most just tolerate it or prefer not to be involved or see it in any way.

After many years of married life I am still trying to figure out how much she really likes it.

Girly Sara
08-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi ya Ras,

My long-term girlfriend, Michelle has supported my femme side since we moved in together nearly 12 years ago. I can openly wear any girly clothing around her and she doesn't care...bless her!

I'm very lucky to have her and it's sometimes easy to take it for granted. I try not to though.

Sara xxxx

kalina
08-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm in a relationship where my wife does not fully approve it, but she does admire some aspects of it, especially how determined I am to be the best at what I do and how I'm helping many new girls be the best that they can be.

mklinden2010
08-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Since I brought it up to my first wife, 30 years ago, all my SOs have been supportive.

As to how they feel about it, that varies from person to person and from year to year. Me, I have learned a lot along the way.

Overall, I think my "success" at CDing and having full time SOs all along has to do with the fact that they like me more than anything I do. We all have our quirks - like "huntin' and fishin'" - and they aren't expecting any of us (men types) to be perfect.

Women seem to adapt as well as anyone - but faster and better when you offer good value as a partner in life.

DonnaT
08-06-2009, 04:47 PM
My wife (currently) tolerates it. She buys me things. We've been out together. But she wishes it weren't so. Married 34 yrs this month and she's known for nearly that long.

Susancd
08-06-2009, 05:14 PM
My wife tolerates it and buys me things, but does not want to get involved any further. I have no problem with this, you have to respect the feelings of others.

Angelofsomekind
08-06-2009, 05:20 PM
My wife found out before we got married, she is totally cool with it now. I don't go out dressed with out her.

StacyCD
08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I told my SO after 29 years of marriage. It came a quite a shock. She is generally tolerant of my dressing (out of sight out of mind). However, I wear panties 24/7, have painted toe nails and sleep in women's satin pajamas. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that she will ever really accept my dressing.

Carroll
08-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Told my wife on our first date. up and down for a while but now totally accepting, buying clothes, and helping me choose wigs that she likes on me

MarcieBflo
08-06-2009, 06:10 PM
My long term GF (live-in) seen some pic's of me fully dressed got a little up set big time at first, relationship lasted about another 2 years. But it did change everything . . . . . .

TJ Tresa
08-06-2009, 06:14 PM
My wife enjoys haveing Tresa around, for the most part. She has helped me learn how to do make-up, and paint nails. Tresa likes to cook and clean, my male ego doesn't.
We often have a girl's night. I am fortunate to have such an understanding and accepting wife. when she needs her man she tels me and if she hasn't seen TJ around for awhile she asks about her or tell's me that she needs for Tresa to paint her nails.
so I have a very good life' a close to perfect marriage, and the best wife a man/girl could ever ask for.

lynnd
08-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm a supportive girlfriend. I don't feel I just tolerate it. We have fun together. I like shopping together, talking about clothes and shoes, dressing up together to watch "chick flicks". And I let me SO know when I feel the need to be the prettier one. Patience pays, and so does reminding your wife that she is pretty and you are thinking about her. We GGs can have easily bruised egos, we need a lot of stroking.

Sally24
08-06-2009, 06:27 PM
My wife is accepting most of the time. She does get a little jealous when I put a party dress on and go to my group outings. We shop together and have "girls" weekends and outings together, sometimes with my grown daughter. She helps reign me in sometimes and gives me advice on colors and matching clothing choices. She's known as long as I have and I think that made a tremendous difference!!

DanaR
08-06-2009, 06:41 PM
My wife has known for over 35 years. I really think deep she would prefer that I didn't crossdress, but she seems to be okay with it. She has gone out with me, when we've been on a trip and even sometimes around the area that we live. I'm able to dress anything that I want around her and she is fine. Sometimes we'll have a girl night and watch a movie or play games. Usually if I go out dressed, and go shopping, it wouldn't be will her; but together we'll go out (me drab) and she'll help me find and any fem item I'm looking for.

I try to be understanding of her feelings too, which I think is important.

Wrenchette
08-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Approves.

Misty G
08-06-2009, 07:23 PM
My wife knew before we ever went out the first time. She totally cool with what ever I want to wear most of the time. She says she married all of me and not just part. However she has to put the brakes on every know and then.

pinkeverything
08-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Not me.

Melissa Rose
08-06-2009, 07:38 PM
My SO tolerates it, but that is far as it goes. She does not want to see, hear or know Melissa. It works for us.

LACD
08-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Dear Wife is pretty much accepting. She helps me shop and buys me things now and then. Would like to go out dressed with her, but that has to wait a while.

Jessica Who
08-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes, she approves, supports, encourages and helps me. I am very blessed :)

Taylor186
08-06-2009, 08:11 PM
My wife of ten years, has know for most of that time, and fluctuates between tolerance and acceptance. That's ok with me and I try to not push it too hard.

She's been out with me to support group activities, but doesn't want public activities together for fear of outing me, and her by association. I don't dress fully very often, maybe once every three or four months, but I'm in gal shorts around the house every day in the Summer, and she's fine with that. We don't shop together nor does she buy me things but she will give me her opinion on what goes together or works on me, if I ask.

Joni Marie Cruz
08-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Well, fwiw, here's my story. My wife, we have been married for about 2 or 3 hundred years now (actually it will be 26 this November) is understanding and supportive of my being TG. She understands that my gender "issues" (hate that word, actually) make me who I am. She knew about me being TG since before we were married and for years it was simply a bit of CD bedroom kinkiness, just a little tickle-and-slap. Finally, about 7 years or so ago I revealed to her how deep the feelings actually went.

We did have our problems with it and even seperated for a short while, about two weeks, over it but in some ways it made us realize how much we truly love each other and now it's just a part of our relationship and being ourselves around each other. I am very lucky, I can dress or go out or do whatever (not extra-curricular messing around, of course) as much as I want, though being 24/7 is not an option.

With all that said (omg, I can so ramble on, can't I?), if she could slip some magical pill in my morning coffee and make it all go away and give me amnesia for the whole thing, she would do it in a hearbeat. Is she in love with me being TG? Does it make her clap her hands with delight to see her man all dressed up like a girl? No. Not really. But she's a very intelligent and practical woman and realizes that being Joni is an essential and integral part of who I am, so she makes the best of it. The Goddess has blessed me, and for that I am grateful. I only wish everyone's SO's were like mine in that way.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Samantha43
08-06-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm one of the fortunate ones. She is accepting and supportive. I am careful to not push things too far and remain the man she married.

christinek
08-06-2009, 09:37 PM
I told my wife after our 15th wedding anniversary, she is extremely accepting so far and has let me be me huge. She is awesome!

Rachel Morley
08-06-2009, 10:19 PM
My wife Marla likes a feminine (male) partner and looked to date a CDer before she met me. She not only accepts but encourages it and enthusiastically participates in the fun! (see my profile album or flicker link). She's also the Activities Director of our local TG non-profit support group :)

suchacutie
08-06-2009, 10:23 PM
My wife is my partner in my life, so it was a mutual agreement to explore Tina and see who she is, and just how feminine she can be. This is more than dressing up, but includes philosophical, emotional, gender expectations, language, and everything else that can make Tina a true girlfriend. At the same time, we agree that she married a male and that won't change. Seems more than fair and she is truly terrific in helping me understand what it is to be, act, and think as a feminine being.

tina

PretzelGirl
08-06-2009, 10:31 PM
For the most part, my crossdressing has developed over the last few years. My wife is very supportive and takes part in it some. She has never expressed discomfort with it in general, but she has her boundaries. As she has become more comfortable with everything, the boundaries have been slowly disappearing. Yes, I feel very lucky.

pcpolitex
08-06-2009, 11:35 PM
My wife accepts it. Helps with the purchase of clothing. Allows me to dress whenever I like .

Sophia de la luz
08-07-2009, 12:03 AM
She likes it. She appreciates the softness it represents. She also likes the better care I put into my body and my dress. And our sex has become much more mutually fulfilling.

heatherdress
08-07-2009, 01:08 AM
My wife actually introduced me to women's clothing. She enjoys having another female visit and likes to participate in purchases, make up, selection of outfits. She even buys us matching nightwear, shoes and outfits. We have discussed dressing more than once to offer assurances and understanding. She does not feel threatened. I always show my love, affection and appreciation when dressed. I buy her small presents, cards, make her dinner, watch her TV shows. We seem to have different conversations. I think it is fun for both of us.

Jenniferpl
08-07-2009, 01:54 AM
I am one of the lucky ones. My wife actualy helped me come to terms with my cross dressing and accepting who I am. We have gone a shopping a few times. She has purchased some underwear and makeup for me. Crossing dressing is a blast with a supportive spouse. It is a lot more fun out in the open than sneaking around.

Sandra
08-07-2009, 05:49 AM
I'm accepting, supporting and all the rest :)

Known about Nigella 6 months after we got married, had a bumpy start but worked things out together and now she's 24/7.....and this month we celebrate being married 22 years. :D

Kimmy55
08-07-2009, 06:08 AM
My wife absolutly hates it and moved out about a year ago.

Ras
08-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Very nice Rachel that your wife not already was cool about it but awas actually seeking a CD. Those are few and far between. You are VERY lucky

My wife Marla likes a feminine (male) partner and looked to date a CDer before she met me. She not only accepts but encourages it and enthusiastically participates in the fun! (see my profile album or flicker link). She's also the Activities Director of our local TG non-profit support group :)

cindybabe
08-07-2009, 07:02 AM
my wife is very understanding and she has no problem with my crossdressing
but only in our own home together.She says she actually prefers our girly nights in together and likes my feminine side when i am crossdressed, which is not a lot only when the kids stay overnight at there grans.

I am very lucky as she accepts and encourages me and i actually prefer staying in and being girlie with her than going out on the booze with my mates

MiraM
08-07-2009, 07:17 AM
In my first marriage, she was totally unaccepting, and claimed it as the reason she no longer wanted to be married. I tend to think it was more the fact that she was sleeping with everyone in town other than me, which she was doing long before she ever knew of my gender incongruence. My second marriage was different. After the first divorce, I came out about my gender preference and sexuality, and was living as a woman. In a support group, I met a FtM Transman and things clicked. We began seeing each other, moved in together and eventually got married. Needless to say, he knew from the beginning about me, and encouraged me to be who I am. He was also very helpful with makeup and clothing. Due to a lot of stress with both of us having to go back into the closet after moving to Virginia, we are now in the process of getting divorced. He was the most supportive and accepting person I have ever had in my life. I doubt I will ever find anyone like him again.

Melanie R
08-07-2009, 03:00 PM
My wife has been Melanie's biggest supporter for over 28 years even to the point of writing four books on the topic of crossdressing. She almost from the beginning was able to look beyond the clothing to the man inside that she loves unconditionally. I only wish we could clone her for the millions who have not found a partner who is supportive and accepting.

TGMarla
08-07-2009, 03:49 PM
My wife knows I crossdress, but is not real happy about it. She knows that I do my best to keep it away from her. I understand her feelings on this, and I try my hardest to respect her feelings. So I dress when she's not around, and I try to be a good, loving husband when she is around. We have an arrangement that works for both of us to a point. I'm sure she wishes, though, that I didn't do this, and I wish she's accept it and allow me to pursue it more.

Oh, well. I love her, and that's life.

Cheshire Gummi
08-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Seems like most peoples wives are okay with it so long as they don't have to see it or be around it.

I seem to recall a long-necked bird of ill repute that follows a similar pattern. Doesn't stop its ass from getting mauled by a saber-toothed Truth-monster, but hey, at least it doesn't have to see it's oblivion. :battingeyelashes:

My girlfriend knows it, supports it, and loves it. She calls me her Princess in Shining Armor. Even if it's silly, it makes my heart sing and proves that not only does she understand my desire to be a girl, but she also understands my personality.

Truth be told, I'm quite smitten with the little cutie. I explained pretty early in our relationship that I'm not exactly a monogamous person (I don't like exclusivity), but I think I'm changing my tune. If I only had one girl to spend my life with, it'd be her. She's my friggin' life, anymore.

However, if I wasn't with her, I'd be very up front about myself. Let them know, first and foremost, how I feel and what I want to be, and if they're not comfortable with that then whatever. Beat your feet, I won't cry.

I doubt that'll happen, though. If you truly love yourself then you don't need much from others to make you feel complete. And I'm growing quite fond of me.

Tired babble, hoooooooooooo~!!

allisonrn06
08-07-2009, 05:00 PM
My wife wasn't for the first few years of our marriage, but has been terrific for the last 2 years - she loves having her girlfriend!!

Lady JayDee
08-07-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm a supportive girlfriend. I don't feel I just tolerate it. We have fun together. I like shopping together, talking about clothes and shoes, dressing up together to watch "chick flicks". And I let me SO know when I feel the need to be the prettier one. Patience pays, and so does reminding your wife that she is pretty and you are thinking about her. We GGs can have easily bruised egos, we need a lot of stroking.

I could have written that! Completely agree :hugs:

kaitlin
08-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Hey Girl, My wonderful little wife is 100% supportive of me! She enjoys my fem side, and loves to...."be with" Kaitlin!!!:kissing: We just wish we lived in an area that I could be more open to the outside world, have a Girls night out and such.

Alice B
08-07-2009, 07:04 PM
My wife accepts Alice, so I guess she approves, but from a distance. She allows me to dress, ie; last night but does not wish to see me dressed. However she did last night as I came to bed the same time she did and wore my bra, forms and make up to bed. Nothing was said and I wore my make up most of today with little comment. Getting there bit by bit.

Jennifer_Cross
08-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Hmmm... My first wife just tollerated it (sexual) but never warmed to it. My second wife did not mind it (just playing around)

My current partner got me into the WHOLE thing and we love it...

Midnight Skye
08-07-2009, 11:42 PM
My wife is great about it. There are only two issues for us (going out) and concerns about its progression, which aren't unfounded. Otherwise as long as she gets my love she's nothing but smiles.

Laciegurl
08-08-2009, 12:59 AM
It seems it's totall aceptance now, after a few years. But I put on a dress the other night and she actually commented that I had lost wieght since I had last wore the dress. She does my makeup alot of times and does shop for me. On a scale of 1 to 10 of being supportive I would give her a 15! I'm her macho man and her bestest girlfriend.

urmilaaa2008
08-08-2009, 04:25 AM
my wife tolerates it. buys for me. only condition is that I should keep it restriced to home, except for the undies which i use under my drab clothes all the time. when no body else in home and i get dressed, she espects me to share the kitchen, laundry and other normal housewife chores, which i enjoy anyway

Amanda_Robinson
08-08-2009, 04:33 AM
I'm one of the fortunate ones. She is accepting and supportive. I am careful to not push things too far and remain the man she married.

This goes for me too. :)

Deborah Jane
08-08-2009, 05:06 AM
I met Sheila, my wife to be on here and as such she was already aware of my crossdressing. She has been involved with a crossdresser before and actively supports the lifestyle and me in particular.
She has really helped me come to terms with my c/ding [Although I still tend to swing back and forth with my own acceptance occasionally]

She actively encourages me to be "Debs", regularly buying things, taking me shopping, giving me her honest opinion on how I look [she even likes "The Tart" :D]. We always talk over any concerns I or we may have about c/ding or anything else :)

I consider myself very lucky as we also connect on every level and she also actively participates in my other interests and hobbies....I think we were made for each other :D:love:

DAVIDA
08-08-2009, 06:04 AM
Well, I told Jean the day I proposed. She is the one who didn't have a problem with it, I did. She is the one who helped me realize that I am the person I am because I am a CD. I have even said that I would stop if she wanted me to. She said that I can not change who I am.
I dress every day. I also know that she loves me. I mean she has to look at me dressed all the time!:heehee:

glynnis
08-08-2009, 09:06 AM
My wife is totally accepting and encourages me.I am a very lucky woman.:)

Danielle Gee
08-08-2009, 03:51 PM
As a rule my wife is very accepting. She takes me shopping, gives me advice in dressing, make-up, and feminine deportment. But I get the feeling that deep inside she's kind of amused by the whole "dressing up" thing. She feels that men have it much better in this world, so why do I want to take (what she thinks) is an inferior position. But I'm not complaining, cuz I know some of you girls are in a constant turmoil you to experss yourselves.

Love : Danielle

steftoday
08-09-2009, 08:31 AM
I do. She's awesome. She is very supportive; she helps pick out clothes, doesn't mind the makeup, etc. One thing she isn't supportive of is me going out in public dressed, though. She worries about the "public" fallout.
This is between us, and at home. I am more than happy with that arrangement.

Terri Andrews
08-09-2009, 08:48 AM
My So is very accepting and supporting .
There are some issues that we have to work to find a balance in ,but Terri has been in our lives since we were dating .

PhyllisB
08-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Wow...It's good to see that so many of you have supportive loved ones. I too have a very wonderful SO...soon to be wife.....that joins in on the fun when I play dress up. We are even planning a trip out of town so I can spend some time in public while in my best outfits. It has even helped us get along better and have a better understanding of our feelings. Wishing you all the best. Phyllis:hugs:

karynspanties
08-09-2009, 08:59 AM
My wife has teeter toddered back and forth on acceptance. But about two years ago she came to realize that I am who I am and my femme side is part of who she loves and now accepts the fact that I am a cd. She knows I am bi and also accepts that. She has always bought me lingerie. I buy most of my own stuff myself. I am not afraid to go shopping and buy stuff. About two weeks ago she wanted to go to Sears and show me something. When we got there waht she wanted me to see were some camisoles on sale. Not lingerie cami's, but cami's that you wear with jeans or even a pair of slacks. I said I like them and she bought me four of them, purple, beige, light blue, and chocolate colored. They were on clearance for $4.19 each!!! Then as we were walking through the clothes she pointed out some reaaly cute tops. I said I liked them and she said that they would be something I would have to try on to see if they fit right. This was the first time she has ever bought or suggested femme outer wear for me!! I am just taking slow and easy. Maybe someday she will be willing to meet Karyn. So I guess she is accepting.....

BonnieJG
08-09-2009, 11:54 AM
My wife accepts it and love when i do , at night she ask your't are not putting something on to night and for the last 4 week she look that i have a bra, wig and a sexy top on ..

Ras
08-09-2009, 10:20 PM
it is nice to see so many of you have very supportive and participating wives, so and GF. There needs to be a lot more GG's like that out there with an open mind.

Samantha Kelsey
08-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Hi Ras,

My ex always told me she had no problem with Samanth and would be very encouraging and supportive, until, she had a drink then I would be all the b******s under the sun. After w split (not just over this) I met a woman who already knew about me. We've been together now for four years and to say she accepts me/Samantha is a massive understatement. I'm Samantha about two thirds of the time. Look for yourself. She's on this forum, Katy Dee.

gailprice
08-10-2009, 05:40 AM
My partner is fully approving. i hid my cd'ing from her for the best part of our relationship. She found out about my cd by chance and the worst thing she could think about is that i seemed to have lied to her for some years. She was excited about my cd'ing and could not wait to see Gail.
Once i come out to her she was so releived but upset that i felt i could not tell her. Now wow it is heaven + bliss !!

rebecca_morris_75
08-10-2009, 08:36 AM
My wife approves, goes shopping with me (and for me sometimes), has borrowed my clothing, and given me tips on how to put an outfit together. However, I have only been fully dressed around her one time, but she knows that I fully dress. At this point in our marriage I'm trying to take things slow, but I'd like to be able to go out with her in public while dressed.

ginafaye
08-10-2009, 03:17 PM
my wife loves my girly side and is always surprizing me with new gifts......its just finding private time to enjoy ourselves is complicated

AllieSummers
08-10-2009, 04:26 PM
My wife loves it now. I also have two daughters that are really supportive. They are take me shopping and even dress me up from time-to-time. Last weekend me, my wife and my youngest daughter (14) got makeovers together. It was a blast for everyone.

Kisses,

Allie

Joan_CD
08-10-2009, 04:40 PM
My wife is also supporting. I use a pumping technique for breast enlargement and she will often comment on how nice the girls are starting to look and wants me to try to reach a C cup (gettin there)! We are pretty much the same size and share tops and lingerie. About the only thing we cant share is shoes, cause I am 1 size bigger!

Roxy Reid
08-10-2009, 04:48 PM
My girlfriend is so supportive, she is the first person I have ever told, I was so scared to do it because I thought she might not love me anymore especially as generally speaking I'm quite a macho guy. Bur she was awsome, told me that it didn't matter and of course she still loves me! She hel[s me do my make up (as I am rubbish at it!) and for my birthday bought me my first pair of high heels which I absolutely love! I love her so much! Thankyou Sammy! x x

lisajane
08-10-2009, 04:58 PM
My Girlfriend prefers to be with cders and loves it when I am in girl mode on the weekends :daydreaming:

Terri Andrews
08-10-2009, 09:27 PM
My wife is very supports and we often go shopping togeather .
We just returned from a week`s vacation ,I think she enjoyed her girl friend more than her drab So .

Tasha McIntyre
08-15-2009, 09:18 AM
My wife does not approve ........ or understand why the hell I have to do this !!!!!

Her level of acceptance does seem to go through cycles though. She is smart enough to do her research, and does accept that I am unable to stop. We (read she) have established boundaries which includes where and when Tash can do her thing.

The bottom line is that Tash does get a fair bit of daylight, and does not have to hide clothes or make up. I'm happy with that :)

lucyUk
08-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Hello - New here :)

My SO approves, but it does vary at times...sometimes she is very supportive and gives me tips, she usually always gets me something girly if its my bday or similar. At other times I can see she isnt such a fan, but its ok. Balance is key.

Take care,
Lucy x

charlytuna
08-15-2009, 01:08 PM
happy to see so many accecpting wives. I also very happy with mine,oct.will be31 for us, she helps with my make up and clothes but sometimes she seems like she dosesn't understand how I feel or why I want to dress. That why I joined this in the 1st place, looking for help and hopefully for her too

Raychel
08-15-2009, 01:23 PM
My wife has known about Raychel for some time now, For the most part she is OK wit it. Still prefers that my dressing wasn't an issue at times. But for the most part she tolerates it, as long as she doesn't see me dressed.

Tanya83
08-15-2009, 01:47 PM
My SO is approving and very supportive. We had a couple dress up nights where she did my make up and everything! Sometimes I think she's having more fun than me! lol Anyway, we took a bunch of pictures and some came out real good. I'll have to put a couple in my profile soon. Oh and she's on the forum too. :D

emmlouise
08-16-2009, 10:39 AM
My SO, when I told her about my crossdressing told me that we would never have sex again. That was 2 years ago and she hasn't changed her mind.

BettyCooper
08-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Finding an SO that will love and be loved by Betty is a dream that has not yet come true for me, but I have never given up hope.

TxKimberly
08-16-2009, 11:00 AM
My wife is somewhere in the middle. If there was a scale from 0 (hates it) to 10 (loves it), I'd estimate my wife at about a 7. The concept of my crossdressing doesn't bother her much. What does bother her is that I am often obsessed with it. It's all I think about, it's where all of my energy goes, and much of my time. THAT bothers her.
When we only had one child, and he was old enough to leave alone, she would sometimes go out with me to clubs, and she even made a few dresses for me. These days, with two young children to take care of, it would be pretty much impossible for my wife to go much of anywhere with me as Kim.
So - she has always known, and she is OK with it as she knows it makes me happy, she often offers fashion advice, but she sure doesn't sit around saying "Gee, I can't wait until the next time I get to hang out with Kimberly"

kristinacd55
08-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Mine semi-approves, doesn't really want to see me dressed-but has, & also has done my makeup once. But she'll go out & know that I'm dressing so I'm thankful for that! :)

Earlene
08-16-2009, 03:27 PM
My wife is very supportive. She and I like to go out shopping and she is always on the lookout for items for me and almost always on clearance. When I see something I like, I show it to her and she states if she likes it or not. If she sees something she likes, I comment on whether I like it or not. I sleep in nighties or cute pajamas 4-5 nights a week. She also tries to make time for me to dress up, which is tough since we have other family members that are adults living in the house and have no clue to my crossdressing. We are going on vacation soon and I plan on taking one or two outfits with me since we spend at least one day at the condo to rest. I don't think my wife will have a problem with it, but I will ask her. Yes, I would say my wife is supportive, maybe very supportive.

Penelope

blackenedbutterfly
08-16-2009, 04:48 PM
My girlfriend supports me very much, and has encouraged my transitioning for a long time :)

ladyinwaiting
08-16-2009, 07:10 PM
i told my girlfriend after we were dating about 4 months. she didn't know what to think. After many talks and me explaining how and why i dress, we let it go. Around the 6 month mark she asked if we could go away and that i would bring my collection of clothes. since that time we have had an even better relationship. she supports me in cd and helps with getting ready to go out. we now shop for the clothes, and jewellry together. i think she likes having another wardrobe to borrow.:)

HalloweenDragon
08-17-2009, 02:23 AM
My luver likes me more in the male gothic crossdress. I've often been told it's hard to fully deal with me in FULL drag, to the point that I look exactly like a female. My luver will still have sex with me, but is more turned on by me being a man.

loardata
08-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Not me. My wife? no way in ......!!!!:eek::Angry3:

lauraabdl
08-18-2009, 10:34 AM
I told my SO after 29 years of marriage. It came a quite a shock. She is generally tolerant of my dressing (out of sight out of mind). However, I wear panties 24/7, have painted toe nails and sleep in women's satin pajamas. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that she will ever really accept my dressing.

StacyCD I well knowhow you feel. I two have told my SO after NINE years of marrage and she an out of sight out of mind attitude. I wear panties or girdles 24/7 and sleep in silky PJ bottoms, I paint my toe nails a different color every two weeks and I shave my legs all the time. My SO wishes there was't a femme side to me but she tolorates it and I too feel that it is unlikely that she will ever really accept my dressing.
Laura Lee

Tanya83
08-18-2009, 11:09 AM
It really is great to have someone to share this with. Makeup gets done good and pictures can be done much easier than trying to do it with the timer! Speaking of, I finally put some in my profile.

:)

JamieG
08-18-2009, 01:36 PM
My wife has almost always been tolerant and is sometimes supportive. She has bought be various presents, including tights, shoes, a skirt, a top, and a necklace (all on different occasions). She'll try to get the kids out of the house a few times a month so that I can dress in private. She is cool with me attending a local TG group roughly once a month. However, she prefers that I do not dress around her, and has only seen me dressed a handful of times. Although, I sometime wish she was as supportive as the SOs of some of the girls on here, we have such a great relationship -- not to sound cliched, but we are lovers and best friends -- that I couldn't imagine being with anyone but her. Given that I didn't tell her until our second year of marriage, I think I am lucky to have the support I have.

WMassGirl
08-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Mines tolerant.

Claudia85
08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
My wife found out about 5 years ago, since then she tolerates it but do not wants to get involved, lately she bough me panties from VS as a father's day present, lately she is being more accesible to see me dressed at home when the kids are not around and also gives me ok's on the color of wigs, she prefers brown/black over blonds. One thing I want to do with her is being able to talk about Claudia but don't how to get there since she doesn't accepted very well my crossdressing.

Love you all for all the feedback.

Claudia

Mandyflcd
08-19-2009, 12:14 PM
I told my wife about my cross-dressing a few months after we were married. We've been married almost 12 years now. She has always accepted it but wasn't always thrilled about it. She has always said that it "isn't her thing" and I've never pushed to try and make it so. Over time she has come around to it slowly. She has gone out with me dressed a few times to adult stores (usually on my birthday :D). Every now and then she will surprise me with a new outfit that she saw and thought it would look good on me. And she is totally cool with me dressing up every now and then when we have sex.

The key piece of advice I can give to other cross-dressers is to not push the issue. Yes, we all want our SO to be 100% accepting and involved... but it all depends on the SO as to how long it will take to get there. If you push it, you will only make the situation worse. The best thing I have done is to keep it low profile around her and discuss it before we do anything so I know she is fine with it or would rather not on that specific day. I give her the time and space she needs to come around and over the years she has been doing just that. We've never had any friction or arguments over it and I know it is because of the space and time I've given her to come around on her own.

5150 Girl
08-19-2009, 01:59 PM
My ex wanted nothing to do with it... If I wanted play time when she was out, ok, but otherwise forget it!

My new SO is completely suportive in every way. She's even tasken me out to dinner and shopping dressed!

Ashley_in_Texas
08-21-2009, 11:56 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, I guess her approval is 8.5 or 9.

Misty_cder
08-22-2009, 02:54 AM
My wife, whom I told before we got married, has helped me develop my collection of clothing. She helps buy clothing styles that are appropriate for my body. The only requirement she has is I do not go out in public dressed and I don't openning express my female side in front of the kids. I don't have a problem with either because not even a professional makeup artist will get me to pass, and I would never dress in front of the kids and have no desire to tell them.

marisa
08-22-2009, 08:10 PM
not only does my g/f accept and support me, she also loves to get in on it to. helps with my makeup and in trying to help pick out clothes. i can dress when ever i want or how much i want and she totaly loves it. mind you she jokes and say's i hate you, because i have better legs and eye lashes and fingure nails.

carrie-ann
08-22-2009, 09:42 PM
my wife new when we were best freinds. I was full time then. then i went back into the closet except for my wife of course. I'm full time agian even at work. I love it.

Ras
08-25-2009, 01:01 PM
it always amazes me as to the diversity on how SO's accept our dressing. While some are active and supportive and other s want nothing to do with it.

AmiFL
08-25-2009, 01:45 PM
After lots of wine I told my wife before we were married. I even got out my clothes and gave a little runway show. The next day she was not so amused. She married me none the less, but hates it. Ergo I have not really dressed in years.........

I envy all of you who have a supportive SO. It would make my life SOOOO much more fun.

Thanks,

AmiFL

Danielle Gee
08-25-2009, 03:30 PM
My wife and I just celebrated our 40th anniversery a couple of weeks ago. I suppose she's known about my dressing for 30 of them. We have (what seems to me) a complex relationship. She is very accepting of Danielle,and we have even went for a short outing a couple of times. She takes me shopping for clothes and makeup. All in all a most pleasent relationship.

But is has its downsides too.....She's never said, but sometimes I get the impression that she tires of this and longs for her (male) hubbie to return. After knowing her for 50 years of my life ( we were also child sweethearts) I can sense this very clearly and usually try to act accordingly.

This is why I sometimes post a thread along the lines of "My wife is away and I'm gonna dress".....But the truth is, when she's gone for any period of time I mostly lose my desire to dress at all!

I realize I'm rambling, but the bottom line is this.....Some women will never accept, so you'll need to make a decision about your next move. If you're lucky enough to have an accepting wife, try to abide by her feelings

Good & true woman are a gift from God and they should be cherished

Love: Danielle:2c:

juliew
08-26-2009, 09:53 AM
My wife and have shared many of our clothes for years. We often shop for each other. It was never a question of approval or acceptance. It is who we are!

Juliew

cb
08-27-2009, 12:15 PM
My darling wife is very supportive of my cross dressing.
She calls me such a **** when dressed up. I get dressed up and she ties me down on a table and whips my butt...fabulous!
CB

Lisa Golightly
08-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I fully support my partner's dressing... She fully supports my transition. :)

loardata
08-28-2009, 05:49 AM
Just add cding to a very long list of things my wife doesnt approve of. I cant do anyrthing right in her eyes.She woories more if I like our daughter's boyfriend than making sure i am happy. She even admits she is a b...h on wheels :eek:.I am so tired of my life ii wish i was dead

Angie F
08-28-2009, 06:07 AM
I just got married last Saturday, and my wife knew before then. She not only accepts, but insists that I dress full time, except for work. ( I'm in constrution at the time ) but I'm getting ready to go back to school and she wants me to be full time at that point. I feel so blessed

hugs
~Angie~

jillnjcd
08-28-2009, 07:46 AM
my wife would not tolerate or allow

DanielleLee
08-28-2009, 10:37 AM
you know... it varies day to day. She once stated before, that "it's disgusting and makes her want to throw up" and has even purged my clothes and make-up. :Angry3:

but then she lets me dress up every Halloween and she probably thinks that I dress up when she & the kids are away. Although in all honesty, I haven't been completely dressed (make-up & wig) since last Halloween. :eek:

I wear panties almost everyday, whether they be nylon or cotton... bikini, tangas or grannies. I'm constantly stealing her shorts and lounge pants. I shave everything to my legs. She could care less about all of that though. I think it's just the fear of ridicule she expects if the secret ever came out to family and friends. So with that... i take it a day at a time. I don't rub my CDing in her face, because I don't want us to be a statistic where my CDing destroys the marriage.

Shawnacdin
08-29-2009, 10:44 PM
My wife of just under a year accepts me for me and lets me dress whenever I want. We make love dressed (did tonight) anything I do around the house I am dressed and she is fine with it. I wish I would dress less for her so she can feel like she has a normal husband but I feel so much sexier dressed its hard not to.

Ballerina
08-30-2009, 02:17 AM
I have a GF/SO that knows and accepts. She hasn't seen me yet because I do not own anything (complicated story), but she does think it will be a fun experience for both of us to share.

xd-tigger
08-30-2009, 04:09 AM
I am one of the lucky ones, my wife fully accepts i like to crossdress and she has bought me skirts.

xd-tigger
08-30-2009, 04:23 AM
I am one of the lucky ones, my wife fully accepts i like to crossdress and she has bought me skirts.

Lisa Golightly
08-30-2009, 04:39 AM
I'm an approving SO... :)

charlytuna
09-02-2009, 08:09 PM
I know what you feel. I been married for30yrs

Sara Ann
09-02-2009, 09:50 PM
My wife has generally been very accepting and supportive over the last decade or so. She's done my makeup, buys me clothes and gives me make-up, regularly critiques my style and gives me tips, goes out with me on occasion, etc.

I do need to tread carefully on a few things, though. She does not like it if it always becomes a form of foreplay in the bedroom, absolutely flips out when I shave my chest (she always tells me that she had no desire to go to bed with or marry a 12 year old boy), she's a little sensitive or feels a little insecure if she thinks I look 'better' than her (hardly!), and gets irritated if I borrow her clothes without permission (although she's done it, too!).

susiegrl19
09-02-2009, 09:56 PM
I dress 24/7 and My wife supports me 100% and has from day one.

joanne anderson
09-02-2009, 10:23 PM
[COLOR="Blue"]Fotunately, I only have the one wife but I have been blessed with an accepting wife who only found out about my dressing eighteen months ago after thirty eight years of marraige.
Maybe being a counsellor helped when I came out to her but since then I has been wonderful. We shop together now for cloths for Joanne all though I am in my drab form. Like others, she helps with advise on make-up and how women walk and behave as I want to look and feel the woman that's inside me and be the best I can. I am not around all the time as that was the one and only arrangement that we agreed on when she found out.
Just like other girls, my wife does'nt want Joanne to replace her long life partner but accepts my need and wants of exsit.
Again like many wives that now know about the husbands crossdressing, I suppose my wife would probably prefered life to be as it was but like life you often have to make changes and accept some changes in your life.

Love JoanneLOR]

Noddia (SO)
09-02-2009, 10:56 PM
I have been a supportive and encouraging gf ever since I found out. I was a bit frustrated at first not because of the dressing but because I felt as though I was being cut out of this aspect because even after telling me I was never allowed to be involved. Slowly he began to share more and more and now we even go shopping together.

Cheryl5
09-03-2009, 01:45 AM
My wife is just getting to know that I cd and what it means, she would prefer I dont and is having a hard time accepting, we have been married 16 yrs now. She does know it wont go away.
Any suggestions welcome.

shannon81
09-03-2009, 02:54 PM
My wife tolerates my Cd'ing and has even asked me to try on her clothes from time to time. We are the same size bottom. It's also nice if I want something and I don't want to use a dressing room. I can just have her try it on. She doesn't want to see it very often though, so I am selective.

Crysten
09-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Well.....on a scale of 1-1000, I'd say my wife tolerates/accepts my dressing approximately at the 743.972 point. Approximately.

Before the kids, all the time. With the kids, not so much. Not that she doesn't approve herself, but she DIS-approves of involving the kids.

And I agree. I guess. :)

Metoo
09-03-2009, 06:12 PM
My wife seems to accept this part of me, but feel there is big part of her that wish I would like a "so-called" normal male. She has bought panties and a bra for me to wear in the privatecy of our bedroom. She does feel comfortable dressing up in public, but that might be changing. We were in Vegas and she saw an ad. transformation service and mentioned it to me. Interesting.

PetiteTonya
09-03-2009, 06:39 PM
...she actually brought me out. :daydreaming::daydreaming::battingeyelashes:

Angie G
09-03-2009, 08:34 PM
My wife is approving and some times encouraging I dress 5 days a week with her OK with it. And the omly time I wear guy underpants is to work.:hugs:
Angie

Ashley0000
09-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I want to tell my gf, but i know she wont accept. Were about the same size (130ish lbs) but she would feel bigger if she knew that...

Jayne
09-04-2009, 11:30 AM
My wife knows I dress and tolerates it as long as she doesn't have to be involved, I don't go out and when I dress I do it behind closed doors so she does not see. If I paint my nails I am supposed to take it of before going out in case I have an accident and some one see's it. I am not supposed to under dress and leave the house but I do from time to time.

If I go trying on shoes (my favourite hobby) I need to have my nails painted and be wearing tights or stockings so I have to be careful not to get caught or I get into big trouble. :)

AliceSandra
09-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Before we had kids many years ago, my wife accepted and allowed me dressing up in front of her once a month. But after our first kid was born, she somehow not accept my xdressing in front of her. About 10 years ago, she found the Bible had a verse of not accepting crossdressing and I had been officially forbidden on my foremost pleasure since then!:sad:

Cathytg
09-05-2009, 11:16 PM
My wife is very supportive because she has seen that a transgendered man is much more inclined to be understanding of a woman's issues than otherwise. Also, she understands that TG is a very integral part of who I am.

How can you tell how she feels? You might ask her. But does she shop with you? Does she encourage you to dress? Can you two discuss it at any time? many ways to tell for me.

Yvonne York
09-06-2009, 04:52 AM
100% married, 100% supportive. Buys me things, provides advice and is wonderful.

charlen
09-06-2009, 06:19 AM
my wife knows and accept my cd she say it make me alot more calmer:love:

WifeofWrenchette
09-07-2009, 03:27 AM
Approves.

very much so :battingeyelashes:

Veronica S
09-07-2009, 04:08 AM
It took my wife a little time to get used to my Cding, but her being actively supportive now is wonderful. We do nails together, shop together, and she keeps me from looking like nobody owns me.

CharlotteW
09-07-2009, 04:28 AM
I used to think my wife was quite approving but she would have minor relapses from time to time. However, lately she has made no negative comments at all. She has been buying little items for me, shoes, a dress, jewellery etc. I have repaid her by doing extra housework and all is well.:)

loardata
09-07-2009, 05:13 AM
:straightface:My wife sadly is not the supportive type with anything conserning me or crossdressing or my photo retoration hobby or my photo taking hobby or .........!you get the picture but I still love her and always will:sad:-- michille

TNRobin
09-07-2009, 07:28 AM
My girlfriend loves it. She has someone to shop with, discuss fashion, and share jewelry. Sometimes I think that she enjoys seeing me all dressed up more than I do.:D

Tanya.Rebekah
09-07-2009, 08:21 PM
My wife is very understanding. Although she's not really into it, she still does her best to respect me, and show me that she accepts me as Tanya. Mwaaah ~

Adelaide
09-07-2009, 11:04 PM
My wife doesn't agree with my CDing at all....
A couple of years ago, she burned my wig, picked up my clothes & shoes and brought them to the Salvation Army....and threaten me that there would not be a next time (or else)...
I ended up buying everything back, as CDing is part of me. I'm renting space where I leave all my CD stuff...so that she doesn't find out. I go out alone, when she's out of town...I recently spoke to a girlfriend about it...Hope that she'll agree to meet with me all dressed up soon...
Not easy....especially that people I've met believe I look really good wearing tight jeans, heels, wig with long natural hair (to lower back), long french nails....
A.

WifeofWrenchette
09-08-2009, 06:56 PM
My girlfriend loves it. She has someone to shop with, discuss fashion, and share jewelry. Sometimes I think that she enjoys seeing me all dressed up more than I do.:DWrenchette and I share jewelry, but oddly we don't discuss fashion. I do shop with "her" also. It's fun.

Wrenchette
09-09-2009, 01:56 AM
Wrenchette and I share jewelry, but oddly we don't discuss fashion. I do shop with "her" also. It's fun.

Yes, we should go shopping soon - for you - I have enough crap. :doh:

Heather65
09-09-2009, 03:42 AM
I came out to my wife and she helps me shop, helps me with makeup and takes photos.
I feel so blessed, and it has deepened our relationship. Yes it does change the way we realate on occasions, and it can be confusing. We both enjoy fishing together, cooking, doing chores, etc, but still trying to find a balance.

Kara Connor
09-09-2009, 04:39 AM
I had a great weekend. My wife (who knows I am a CD but has previously just tolerated it rather than encourage me) and I were chatting about my cross dressing, and she remarked that I seemed a lot more accepting of myself recently. I have to say that part of that is due to this forum, so thanks girls and guys! She also acknowledged that this was a part of me, and suggested that we went on a shopping expedition. She helped me pick out numerous outfits in the sale, plus a few items for herself and we really enjoyed shopping together. That evening, she not only told me to go and try everything on, but decided to see me dressed. She has seen me dressed before but usually avoids it. I think this was because the clothes were more "appropriate" (i.e. less like a teenage girl than I would usually choose :) ). I had a great evening, and our talking has brought us closer together. I'm even considering coming out to my (and her) best female friend, with my wife's support. This has all made me feel much happier, and accepting of my feminine side.

I am trying to guard against "going mad" now, and letting my CD activities make me too selfish. I don't want to spoil things by getting too much "pink fog".

Kara