PDA

View Full Version : Mom finally knows, and what a shocker!

Sylvermane
08-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Recently came out to my mom. We've always been very close... Her and my dad have been on the east coast for the past several months, dad's mom was sick and passed recently. They have been helping my grandfather out and all is mostly well aside from the obvious stress this type of thing causes. Earlier today was the first i've heard from them in a couple months. Talked to my mom for awhile and ultimatley ended up saying it. Her response blew me away, she loved it. The first thing she said was "That explains so much it's not even funny". I know my dad would never accept it but she just loved it. We talked for an hour about things. Definitley not the response I expected but I certainly can't complain. Feels like a large weight removed from my shoulders. Am looking forward to when they get back and getting together with her, laying it all out and what not. As I said we have always been close, have long considered her my best friend. Just wanted to share this. I know many of the people here have had similar experiences but it never hurts to have more positive statements on the subject.

I still know that I won't be able to ever do anything with any real permanence but having shared it with her and the resulting response... I have no words on how it makes me feel. One of the main reasons I finally did do this was much of what I've read here. Both from the TG and CD sides of things. A thank you to every single person, for every single post. Has made a world of difference in my life and for the first time, a positive difference.

Alyssa :daydreaming:

Joni Marie Cruz
08-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi Alyssa-

Good for you, girl, and good for your mom. She must be extra special. It is a great feeling isn't it? I never really had a chance to come out to my Mom for real, though she found my stash a few times. She passed away in my late teens long before I had a chance to come to terms with who I really am. Perhaps she would have understood at least it would have been an opportunity to tell the truth.

Give your mom a hug for me, if you don't mind, and tell her she's a very special person.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Melissa Rose
08-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Alyssa, you are a lucky girl. Being accepted for yourself by someone very close and special to you is wonderful. Your mom sounds like a beautiful person with a very loving spirit. Thank you for sharing the story and giving inspiration to others. Hugs.

paulaN
08-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Wow that is so wonderful. lucky girl lucky girl.

Emily01
08-06-2009, 09:19 PM
this is such a wonderful post!! i'm very happy for you too. i wish that i could have had a similar conversation with a similar outcome with my own mother. it would have been so comforting to have been accepted by her for who i am. its too late for that but i hope others will read this and if they too have a similar relationship with their mom's i hope they will find courage in your experience. thanks so much!

Penelope Marie
08-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey
very wonderful. i am happy for you that encourages me as does the other post of this sort. however, i fear the reaction from my parents and siblings. i know my dad would be very much disappointed my mom most likely too. i can hear my dad and brothers now asking me if i am gay or need mental help. lol

Miranda09
08-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Good for you Alyssa. :)

Rachel Morley
08-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi Alyssa,

What a wonderful heart warming story :) You are lucky to be able to call your Mom your best friend and it's so very cool that your Mom understands and has been able to "connect the dots" now that you've explained. I think your relationship with her is going to get even closer because of this. :hugs:

Satrana
08-07-2009, 04:35 AM
The first thing she said was "That explains so much it's not even funny"

What that tells me is:
1. She knew you had a secret and has waited a long time for you to tell her
2. She thought your secret was you were gay or TS

So there was probably some relief and satisfaction in her reaction, even so her response is admirable and you cannot have a better outcome than genuine acceptance. She really is your best friend. Wish my mom was 10% of yours!

Lidia_tv
08-07-2009, 04:49 AM
It is always so inspiring to read an experience like this. You lucky girl, enjoy it!

urmilaaa2008
08-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Recently came out to my mom. We've always been very close... Her and my dad have been on the east coast for the past several months, dad's mom was sick and passed recently. They have been helping my grandfather out and all is mostly well aside from the obvious stress this type of thing causes. Earlier today was the first i've heard from them in a couple months. Talked to my mom for awhile and ultimatley ended up saying it. Her response blew me away, she loved it. The first thing she said was "That explains so much it's not even funny". I know my dad would never accept it but she just loved it. We talked for an hour about things. Definitley not the response I expected but I certainly can't complain. Feels like a large weight removed from my shoulders. Am looking forward to when they get back and getting together with her, laying it all out and what not. As I said we have always been close, have long considered her my best friend. Just wanted to share this. I know many of the people here have had similar experiences but it never hurts to have more positive statements on the subject.

I still know that I won't be able to ever do anything with any real permanence but having shared it with her and the resulting response... I have no words on how it makes me feel. One of the main reasons I finally did do this was much of what I've read here. Both from the TG and CD sides of things. A thank you to every single person, for every single post. Has made a world of difference in my life and for the first time, a positive difference.

Alyssa :daydreaming:

great alyssa. first thing i apreciate is u thought of of sharing it with mom. that would not have been possible if u were not really close. and second, she could accept it so easily. wish everybody has a mom like urs, congrads and good luck dear

DonnaT
08-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Congratulations Alyssa.

My mom is also accepting, so I know some of how you are feeling.

Carole Cross
08-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Congrats Alyssa, I was ao relieved to get my familys support. I did not think my father would accept me when I came out to him but his response has been the complete opposite so don't write your father off just yet, In fact the only person who is still apprehensive about seeing me dressed is my mother, even though I have always been closer to her than my father.

Cary
08-07-2009, 11:52 AM
You go girl!:) Congrats!

cdoll
08-26-2009, 09:40 AM
I am so glad things worked out for you. Life will be so much better

JiveTurkeyOnRye
08-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi Alyssa, (Awful name, btw ;-) )

I'm certainly jealous of you. While my father was actually really cool about it and continues to be so, my mom was not. Which is too bad because the woman loves to shop, especially for clothes, and if she'd been more supporting maybe I could have gotten some awesome clothes out of it. But it's the hand I was dealt.

LisaM
08-26-2009, 10:37 AM
I am so happy for you, Alyssa!

kimkat
08-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Congratulations. Glad to hear how well your mother took the news. There is no way I could tell my family. We are not close like my wifes. I havent spoken to some of them in several years.

Pretty In Pink
08-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Sylver Mane,
Thanks for sharing your experience! Very inspiring, Im happy for you.
:D
~PIP

Sheila
08-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Alyssa, congrats to yo for telling your mom and congrats to her for accepting you as you .............. you have a very special mom, but then you already know that, just as she knows she has a special child :)

Michelle123
08-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Alyssa, I am so happy for you dear. If you read my previous posts, you will see that I had a very similar experience just last yr. I wont go through the whole story again (as you can read it in previous posts of mine), but I will say that for me it was also a wonderful surprise when she told me just how accepting she was...
I will be visiting her for the second time since "coming out" to her in November, and it really seems like time has stopped. i am so anticipating this visit, and it seems November is never going to get here... This time I will be even more prepared, as I will have not only my wonderful feminine things, but also I will have a wig, makeup, nails, the works..(last visit was my first time dressing with her, and I only had the clothes, but not the lovely amenities that go with it)...
I plan to spend every moment with her as Michelle, unless we are out shopping, dining, etc. but even then i will be underdressed. And...She is also looking forward to this visit..
I certainly hope thing work out as well for you dear. congrats.....Michelle

Sandra
08-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Alyssa

This is good news...and maybe some day your dad will be ok with it as well.

:hugs:

TJ Tresa
08-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Please allow me to add my congradulations Alyssa. You no doubt have a very special Mom. My hat and wig are off to her. Maybe now that she knows and is accepting the two of you might be able to have a girl's night or day. In any event keep us informed. Again congradulations

brenda lynn mwe
08-27-2009, 11:01 AM
hello alyssa thank u for sharing your story I know how you fill about getting that burden off of you I don't have no one but my sister and when I told her it was so good we get alone better now than ever

Faith_G
08-27-2009, 06:34 PM
The first thing she said was "That explains so much it's not even funny". That's pretty much what two of my three sisters said.

Elsa Larson
08-27-2009, 06:43 PM
I spent the weekend of my 40th birthday en femme at a Pocono weekend. When I got home, I knew I HAD to tell my mom.

She had the perfect answer from the Bible: "Male and female created He them." (Genesis 5:2).
The next day, she took me (in drab) to see the movie: Tootsie.
Then she bought me a gold chain that I could wear en femme or in drab.

A boy's best friend is his mother.

crossdrezzer1
08-27-2009, 07:11 PM
maybe next x-mas you just might get a special gift for jessica