PDA

View Full Version : Did you go against transition ?

BreenaDion
08-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Any one here ever have your mind go into transition from M2F, without the aid of hormones. Then after a period of months decline to take hormones to futher your journey?

Thank you Love Bree:love:

Shikyo
08-07-2009, 12:01 AM
When I first realized what I was, I haven't fought it for even a little bit. I have set my goal to get through this mess to live my life the way I want. There have been times where I've thought I should just do nothing and get through the life just like anyone else, but that just wouldn't be a life at all, so I haven't done anything about it. Sometimes this feels so painful, but we gotta get through it to have the life the way we want to live it.

So I don't think I'll ever decide not to transition, considering I'm rather far already. I don't want to live without the good feeling the hormones have given me, the life as a woman has given to me. Everything seems to have found its right place now and I'm a lot happier with everything. Not just myself, but also with other people. I act happier, I'm just like a different person right now. Like someone who've just found the true self inside the mind and its illusions.

About hormones themselves, I never even once thought about not taking them or not getting involved with them. First I thought I could wait little longer with them, but in the end I realized I just can't and did everything necessary to be able to take them legally and safely.

sandra-leigh
08-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Sorry, could you re-check your question to be sure you asked what you wanted to? According to your question, the hypothetical person would have first transitioned without hormones, and then (second part of question) would have had to have stopped taking the hormones that the first part of the question said they weren't taking anyhow ??

Shikyo
08-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Sorry, could you re-check your question to be sure you asked what you wanted to? According to your question, the hypothetical person would have first transitioned without hormones, and then (second part of question) would have had to have stopped taking the hormones that the first part of the question said they weren't taking anyhow ??

The way I understood the question would be, that a person decides to go into transition, but after few months(bascially, without hormones you will not be able to do much, so it shouldn't take much longer than few months to be about at the limit how far you can get) decide not to take hormones to go further with the transition. So in this case the person wouldn't even have taken any hormones to begin with and declines to take them to go further with the transition itself.

BreenaDion
08-07-2009, 01:20 AM
That was really simple an straight forward questions. To make a long an drawn out one, ok. I got chemically free of antidepressives. As my history goes I was abused an humilated for first couple decades of life. This caused me to put up blockers an inhiberts. I also have ADD , but no meds for it. I tryied a few yrs ago but whent an saw wrong psychologist an thought this was a waste of time . My wife pussed me to it , she being a CNA for 30 yrs.

So I started digging up alot of graves I had my pain buried for yrs. I fealt ok with it untile last few yrs these inhibeters an blocker I got ride of an disappeard. Death of my abusive step father, and mother 2 yrs ago . I cant work any more ( disabled ) so no worries about harassment for people there. On an on then Jan 09 I relized that meds for depression just wasnt working . I told MY PCP an he said ok. Slowly month at a time I decreased the amount untile totally ( Free ). Thants when My ( Brain) whent into transition. Not like most people in here that choice to transition I am almost unquie, might say (rare). I didnt see this comen I just moved stuff out of the way an opened doors.

All these fealing an emotions I never had before . Thoughts of sex totally different, I aint gay never was. I hate the switching back an forth ( male an then Female ). Hormones dr is next week an I got red flag from my psychologist so I got appointment with a more experienced one. I read up on eithics an found problem with my now ex DR Lee. Had words an now seek second opion. I straighten my own head alot over the years after countless therapy with first wife. OMFG what a monster an glad thats gone.

So my questions again. Did you ever have your brain go into transition without the aid of hormones.
Also being in transition did you ever decide not to take hormones.

Thats the fence im on

Thank you Love Bree:love:

I cant stop what my brain is doing. I can try an meld the 2 sides together an remake a new personality cuz I am totally different from what I am used to be. I just have second thoughts about being girly girly. Seams I have problems with it. These two sides are quite different an alot of ways.

Hey look im 55 yrs old an a grandfather to 6 kids. I have alot of work in life to do. My plate if full. But if I take hormones I really dont think I can do what I have been trained to do for almost 40 yrs.

Getting inheritance in a couple weeks an I am going to buy land an build my home for the first time an have no mortage. I am a Master Carpenter. I had my business for 23 yrs untile I got hurt. Why should I give up a legacy for my kids an just to be girly girly ? Thats why im on the fence.

Love Bree:love:

sandra-leigh
08-07-2009, 08:18 AM
I can't say that I see at the moment how taking hormones would interfere with being a carpenter?

Brain going into transition without hormones... people seldom seek out hormones until their brain has already told them their is something they feminine they want out of the hormones -- that is, until after their brain is already in the state of desiring or being receptive to the hormones.

In my particular case, I didn't even realize I was a cross-dresser until I'd been on anti-depressants for about 6 months -- though in retrospect there were clear signs at least a couple of years before that, that I just didn't realize were pointing the way. I was about 43 when I realized I was a cross-dresser... just about the time that the andropause would start kicking in and changing hormone levels, dropping the testosterone. I haven't gone on hormones, not sure I ever will, but I have started talking to work about the possibility of dressing there. But first I want to sort some things out with a gender therapist (another 5 weeks before my first appointment :( )

Kaitlyn Michele
08-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Breena..my best friend is a 35+ year electrician...#3 in her union in my area...she takes hormones and if you are transsexual they should make you feel BETTER not worse..

you will cry more and feel emotions more, but if you are TS you will welcome this..

Hormones have ZERO impact on your ability to work, but they do have some health risks for older folks..i know 2 girls over 60 that chose not to take hormones for that reason and they live happily as women now..there are no rules...

If you can make it thorough and be happy with your legacy, then by all means do that!!

take care!!! I'm sorry you've been through all these difficulties

michele

Shikyo
08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Hormones have ZERO impact on your ability to work, but they do have some health risks for older folks..i know 2 girls over 60 that chose not to take hormones for that reason and they live happily as women now..there are no rules...

I really wouldn't say they have zero impact on your ability to work. Especially for people who work in the more physical kind of job, they will clearly notice the upper body muscles decreasing a lot. Not to forget the mental differences that will come through them as well. So it will have an effect on your work, how big of a effect it will have depends of the job you're having.

Kaitlyn Michele
08-07-2009, 04:01 PM
point taken shikyo...you are right.. :o

but there are women carpenters, bankers, lawyers, etc...

you don't have to let the physical and emotional changes hurt you at work...you may have to work differently or work harder to keep up to speed on your job

that was really my point.

dawnmarrie1961
08-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Please take hormones only under a doctor's supervision and if you have any adverse reaction, emotionally or physically, consult your physician. He may need to change you dosage.
It's ok to give your self a holiday from hormones if you want. It makes it easier to work out all the inside stuff without all the external changes getting in the way. Ask any girl who's going through puberty if they could turn of the hormones for a bit while they get a handle on themselves and they would most certainly do it. My daughter says I was so bad she thought I was having my period all the time. What an emotional roller coaster. I finally allowed myself a hormone free holiday. What's the hurry, I figured, I know which direction I'm taking. Time to hit the cruise control. Steady as she goes!

BreenaDion
08-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Thank you girls. clearify. I didnt choice to transition. My brain or mind just whent into transition. Maken me a female in my head without the aid of hormones. I guess I am really different an is there any one here like me ? I guess not . So more question for my new psychologist in a couple weeks.

Why Am I so different ?

Why isnt any one here the same as me ?

Why did I start so late in life ?

I beens a cd for 42 yrs , why the change now ?

Love Bree

Shikyo
08-07-2009, 09:09 PM
point taken shikyo...you are right.. :o

but there are women carpenters, bankers, lawyers, etc...

you don't have to let the physical and emotional changes hurt you at work...you may have to work differently or work harder to keep up to speed on your job

that was really my point.

I totally agree on that. Most jobs are still doable even by girls. However, you will have to understand totally that it will have an effect on you and the way you will be working from now on. Especially the speed it comes is surprising fast, so without understanding that you will lose muscles and you will have to rethink how to get your job done, you will not have a problem with your work. However, if you'll try to keep working the same way you worked before you will run into problems and might even hurt yourself because you over did it.

Thank you girls. clearify. I didnt choice to transition. My brain or mind just whent into transition. Maken me a female in my head without the aid of hormones. I guess I am really different an is there any one here like me ? I guess not . So more question for my new psychologist in a couple weeks.

Why Am I so different ?

Why isnt any one here the same as me ?

Why did I start so late in life ?

I beens a cd for 42 yrs , why the change now ?

Love Bree

I might just speak for myself, but I doubt it. The hormones didn't make our brains female, it didn't do anything about that. Our brains were like this way before we even had realized what we were. However, as we do have a male body that also means that we will not have enough of estrogen, the hormones our brains seeks and "needs". Therefore taking estrogen makes us feel good, unlike if we were to take testosterone or something else. For us estrogen is just something that we should have had, because our brain needs it, but we don't because our body can't create enough of itself to be satisfied.

BreenaDion
08-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Ok Shikyo, I buy into aliitle of that at least I do have some thing to work with. Not much but a little..

Thank you....

Ps Still so many questions an so much to learn. Thanks again

Shikyo
08-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Ok Shikyo, I buy into aliitle of that at least I do have some thing to work with. Not much but a little..

Thank you....

Ps Still so many questions an so much to learn. Thanks again

You are welcome. But that's just the way I see and the way I've experienced this whole situation. Everyone who knew me from before and knows now about the transformation have told me that this way fits me a lot better than being a guy. I didn't know that at all, no one told me anything, until after I decided to go through all this. Even my mom agreed that it wasn't that surprising in the end my decision to transform into a woman. Thus the well being after starting taking hormones makes me only think that the brain was always the way it is now, just I didn't truly understand it.

As for questions, the best way to get rid of them is to ask the questions out loud. Don't worry, we don't bite, nyaa.