PDA

View Full Version : New Pride in Appearance

Beth-Lock
08-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Last night I was watching videos on YouTube, showing standard make-up and showing guys being made up to look like gals. The pleasing and even surprisingly good results in the videos inspired me to try harder and also gave me a number of specific hints and tips.
Result was, I went to work on my eyebrows, and this morning, tried yet again, but using better techniques, eye make-up. In fact, I used a few other hints, like using an orangey make-up to cover the blue/grey of a beard, and more generous use of foundation, though still not using it all over.
I dressed nicely, yet not expensively in a new, generously proportioned top which conceals my mid-section obesity bulge, and my much worn, but new white skirt, (or it is it a skirch, or skort, since it has white shorts attached inside something that increases one's peace of mind in wearing it), this latter from Walmart. I wore a nice wig and lots of rings, a bangle and the jewellery was rounded out by wearing my nicest women's watch.
I was very proud. I noticed even people who know me, found it difficult at first to recognize me. Others apparently did not recognize me at all. Even myself, I noticed when checking myself in the big mirror before going out, that I looked a bit different.
I went to a couple of small malls, and picked up a nice make-up brush, the kind that terminates in an asymmetrical fan shape, and is made for the eye make-up, instead of using the clumsier blush style brush I had used in the morning, spreading the eye shadow incongruously, a bit below my eyes too.
So, the moral is, those videos on YouTube are really good. And unlike buying a DVD on make-up, they are free to watch.

pamela_a
08-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I too have a new pride in my appearance, but it had nothing to do with make up tips. What made the difference for me was finally accepting myself for who I am and doing something about it.

I never cared how "he" looked or how much "he" weighed, it just didn't matter. Pam, on the other hand, is far more self conscious and cares about how she looks. As a result of starting to transition I'm taking better care of myself, lost over 60 lbs and quit smoking (all without killing anyone...so far at least).

Oh yea, I've started wearing make up daily too.

-Pam-

Teri Jean
08-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I for one have always be a clothes hog.lol When I dressed as a male it would have to be something appropriate but better than most. uggggg Anyway when I started to dress I wanted to dress totally but over time I have tempered my dressing to something more coventional. As pam has so elegantly said, it's more about how you feel inside. I have become more Teri and it feels great. Yes I'm tall and thin but it is just the package that holds the gem, still ruff, inside. Do't get me wrong I still love to dress to kill but the occasion has to be something more special.

Be true to yourself and enjoy the ride, huggs to you.

Teri

Beth-Lock
08-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Here, where I live, the philosophy is that you cannot live as a woman with success being likely, until you have taken hormones to feminize your appearance. After watching numerous transformation videos on YouTube, I am impressed, on the other hand, how feminizing thorough make-up is. Particularly, if it includes the most difficult kind of make-up, eye make-up. So, I have been trying to master eye make-up.
I have also noticed, when I am sloppy with the other make-up, I am less likely to pass. So, on the day I was talking about, in the initial post on this thread, I seem to have got the make-up right, if accidentally, Now I must try and get it right every time.
Today, I bought some undercoat make-up for around the eyes and some new mascara as well as a palette of eye make-up. Those shades obtained in a palette are supposed to be professionally matched. Anyway, I shall have to take greater pains and continue to perfect my make-up.
At any rate it seems I am a long way off from having the taking of hormones approved, so regardless of the arguments pro and con for taking hormones, I really have no choice right now.
I would recommend you all looking at the YouTube videos on transformation, as well as the step-by-step instructional videos there on make-up.