PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on going out

Cheryl James
08-07-2009, 03:22 PM
I am going to be traveling in a couple of weeks and will have the opportunity (if I can muster up the courage) to go out at night in some of the following cities: Orlando (on a Friday, maybe a Saturday), Jacksonville (a Saturday), Atlanta (Sunday), Charlotte or Greensboro (on a Sunday). My experience is very limited in going out though my dressing experience is quite long. My gut feeling is to go out to a gay bar. Do any of you have experiences in any of those cities? If so, what would your suggestions be?

Sam-antha
08-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Cheryl, in the Uk we may have a culture that is not quite the same in detail.
However, I personnaly would steer clear of the gay bar and settle for the open street.
Not too late at night tho, dusk would dofine for the first expedition. If yo do not d=feel shy after that, then do it in daylight, just like yo will one day.
~Samm

Sallee
08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
I would recommend the gay bars certainly all the cities you mentioned have them they probably even have ones that are more T friendly I am sure someone on this site can recommend some in all of those cities I am west coast girl and don't know the SE. Have fun I am sure you will once you get out. the intial rush is fantastic. watch out for the pink fog

Angelofsomekind
08-07-2009, 04:58 PM
No matter where you go I always think it's a good idea to go to the club you are planning on going to dressed when your not dressed first. That way you can feel comfortable being there and check the place out. Make sure it's CD friendly, and you can see how others there are dressed. I think doing this makes it a lot easier when you go back dressed.

Rogina B
08-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Please e mail me at roginainflorida@gmail.com regarding Jax. Perhaps we can hook up. Rogina

MissConstrued
08-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Make sure it's CD friendly,

I have to laugh every time I hear that phrase. Usually it's someone asking me if a particular place I've been is "CD friendly."

You may as well ask if a bar is "black friendly" or "NASCAR fan friendly." It's generally something taken on an individual, rather than collective, basis.

Now, I could be a sociopath incapable of taking notice of when I'm not liked... but I have never noticed anywhere that wasn't "me"-friendly. And just because I might be well-received somewhere doesn't mean that all CDs will. Or all white males, for that matter. Or <whatever>.