PDA

View Full Version : I Got Maam'ed for the first time!

Veronica Nowakowski
08-07-2009, 07:40 PM
I went to a different thrift store that is open later, had to go when I got off work. It's nice because everything was a lot cheaper, and being able to go through there as a woman, rather than standing by my friend speaking softly so no one knows I'm buying clothes, was thrilling.

As I went up to the unattended register area, I start placing things down and I get from a GG sales attendant who's coming back, "I'm over on this side maam." I had a few words in my falsetto and nothing seemed to be a problem, so I'm on cloud nine right now. Tells you I groomed that wig.

kalina
08-07-2009, 08:07 PM
I went to a different thrift store that is open later, had to go when I got off work. It's nice because everything was a lot cheaper, and being able to go through there as a woman, rather than standing by my friend speaking softly so no one knows I'm buying clothes, was thrilling.

As I went up to the unattended register area, I start placing things down and I get from a GG sales attendant who's coming back, "I'm over on this side maam." I had a few words in my falsetto and nothing seemed to be a problem, so I'm on cloud nine right now. Tells you I groomed that wig.

That's awesome! Congrats Veronica!

Jilmac
08-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Aint it a great feeling? I have been called ma'am several times in several different stores. I have also been called a lady at times. One particular time, I was in an Aldi store to pick up a few grocery items with my friend Gale. As we approached the checkout counter with only two items each, the woman who was ahead of us with a cart full of groceries already on the belt, told the clerk "let these two ladies ahead of me". We both thanked her cordially and walked out of the store feeling as feminine as we looked.:)

MissConstrued
08-07-2009, 11:31 PM
I got that "ma'am" thing once.

I suggested m'lady see her opthamologist promptly. :doh: :rofl:

dawnmarrie1961
08-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Veronica,
Felt good. Didn't it? But don't take it as any kind of validation or acceptance. Take it for what is was meant. Just a person being polite and professional to you.
I remember when I got my first "Ma'am". I ate it up like candy. It was just as sweet. But I took them as a validation. This was wrong for me to do. It set me up for a few disappointments. Until I started correcting people. I didn't do it all the time. Just when I thought the circumstances required so that their would be no misunderstandings on exactly who I am. Helps keep you out of trouble.

Be safe. Be smart, Ma'am.

Dawn Marrie

Lidia_tv
08-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Way to go, girl! I'm happy for you.

Veronica Nowakowski
08-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys.

Though I won't use WalMart for anything, I'm very anti-WalMart.

I'll try not to take it too much to heart, though I did take it as validation. Figured she'd not put a ma'am or sir if she realized.

kalina
08-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks guys.

Though I won't use WalMart for anything, I'm very anti-WalMart.

I'll try not to take it too much to heart, though I did take it as validation. Figured she'd not put a ma'am or sir if she realized.

Actually, I do believe you should take it as validation because a lot of girls are still being called "sir" out of disrespect from some of the locals here in the big city.