PDA

View Full Version : estrange feeling

Barbara Dugan
08-08-2009, 08:49 AM
This week I 've been having more time to dress than normal almost daily.Then yesterday I decided to go the opposite way and dress more masculine than normal I got me on my Cowboy boots and hat and dress like sometimes before but I had a feeling of not being me and totally out of place when I saw me on the mirror like no other time. Any one of you have experienced this before:hugs:

Granny Gray
08-08-2009, 09:12 AM
I live down in the Clear Lake area in Friendswood. I know your "out of place" feeling. I feel it every time I am in a situation where I have to wear men's clothes. It takes a few minutes every time reminding myself I'm the SAME PERSON no matter how I'm dressed and no matter what any other people think. I control as much of my life and feelings as I'm able to control, not giving control of self and feelings over to other folk who really could not care less about me, my life, and my feelings. Yes, I feel out of place and odd like I'm faking something when I wear pants, for example... but well...that's life. J

docrobbysherry
08-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Some of us dress with THAT result in mind!:eek:

If I look in the mirror and see someone ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from the real me,
I consider my CDing a success!:D

I've been looking that "old guy" in the mirror for 60 years! :sad:

Now, I prefer the illusion of seeing a pretty young woman in there!:battingeyelashes:

dawnmarrie1961
08-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Barbara,
You are in Texas! It's ok to put on a cowboy hat & boots. Walker Texas Ranger Country!

I've got a black cowboy had that I wear sometimes with my hair tucked up tight underneath it. I'll put on a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt and my boots. YEEHAW!! It's kinda fun dressing up like a guy now. I couldn't pull it off if I tried anymore. But it still feels sexy anyway. All I needs a lariat and a filly to lasso. GIT ALONG LITTLE DOGGIES!!

Be safe. Be smart. Down BOYS! RUFF!!

Dawn Marrie

kellycan27
08-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Hmmmmm I ride a Harley Davidson... in jeans,boots, old german helmet,leather vest,or leather motorcycle jacket, and fingerless leather gloves. I don't feel any different than when I am wearing a cute little off the shoulders sun dress,4" heels and a floopy hat. :)

Wen4cd
08-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Yeah, it's called 'playing dress up in the mirror." ;) It's super fun.

The other part is 'contrast,' the one putting the other into sharper relief. I love it.

Joni Marie Cruz
08-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Well, I don't know if this counts or not, but when I look in the mirror in boymode, I get this whole cognitive dissonance thing going on. You all have seen those optical illusions that if you focus on them one way the look like one thing and if you focus on them another they look like something else. The most common one is the one that looks either like a vase or two faces looking at each other in silhouette. You can see one, then you can sort of change your perspective, so to speak, and see the other but you can't see both at the same time.

That's me. I can see my boyside or my girlside, they seem to flicker back and forth from one to the other but I can't see both at the same time, though sometimes I can see my girlside sort of superimposed on my boy face. Oh, wow, wait. I haven't taken my meds yet this morning. BRB.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Angie G
08-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Lots of times Barbara I think it goes with who we are.:hugs:
Angie

Crysten
08-13-2009, 12:14 AM
I think...maybe...you're actually CDing whan you're putting on the boy clothes?

Maybe so. I had to put on a pair of mens underwear recently for a trip to the hospital. I had an allergic reaction to something (they can't tell me what it was). It felt....REALLY weird. First time in maybe...two years? I'd worn mens underwear. Very odd.

"Transverse Crossdressing - when a crossdresser dresses back into their own gender-specific clothing, and it feels inappropriate".

Never had the flashy lights and mind-bending experience looking in a mirror like Joni Marie though, although a little more time and who knows. Maybe it's a bad acid flashback or something Joni!! :eek:

Crysten

Olivia
08-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Sure, I know that feeling. When I pull on a pair of men's trousers to get dressed for work, they feel odd, almost alien to me now. The hours while I'm at work are the longest I typically spend in male garb and although it gets less 'alien' as the work year progresses, it still feels way more natural when I change into Olivia's clothes after I get back home! I live with the dream that one day, I won't need those trousers so much! :) O

Joni Marie Cruz
08-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Never had the flashy lights and mind-bending experience looking in a mirror like Joni Marie though, although a little more time and who knows. Maybe it's a bad acid flashback or something Joni!! :eek:

Crysten

Or maybe a flashforward. Who knows?<lol>

Hugs...Joni Mari

Erica K.
08-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I do this a lot. I spin fire for fun and performance, so I have a bunch of crazy male costume stuff like big pants and a beatle juice jacket, straight jackest & vests. I don't do it as often as a girly dress up session, but it's still fun

sandra diaz
08-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Sister, I know the feeling, pretending to be what you’re not. To conform myself I wear panties and some times a bra, and drive in high heels.

sometimes_miss
08-13-2009, 11:42 AM
I live down in the Clear Lake area in Friendswood. I know your "out of place" feeling. I feel it every time I am in a situation where I have to wear men's clothes. It takes a few minutes every time reminding myself I'm the SAME PERSON no matter how I'm dressed and no matter what any other people think. I control as much of my life and feelings as I'm able to control, not giving control of self and feelings over to other folk who really could not care less about me, my life, and my feelings. Yes, I feel out of place and odd like I'm faking something when I wear pants, for example... but well...that's life. J

+1. For me it's kind of like the uneasy feeling you'd have if you were just wearing a swimsuit at a formal occasion where everyone else was in a tux.

Gerard
08-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Since coming to this forum, telling my story and learning to accept and understand myself, I have the experience that I also enjoy dressing up as a male more not less.
I feel better and more integrated no matter what clothes I wear.
So that's a bit different from most people's experience I guess.

Still wearing male cotton briefs feels weird nowadays.