PDA

View Full Version : What if a strange man speaks to you?

gracee
08-08-2009, 12:00 PM
First post – and I probably won’t be a frequenter here, just a casualer.

QUESTION:

When you’re out en femme and a nice-looking regular-type fellow speaks to you in a friendly manner – and it’s clear he knows you're one too (a guy), maybe he winks – how does that make you feel?

(Or, how would you?)

Just curious whether an actual man there makes you feel more, or less, feminine – especially if he seems okay with the pretense. And if his presence makes you nervous, well, how feminine is THAT, anyway?

jazmine
08-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Was weirded out about it at first. But I learned to enjoy it, and have fun. If he was getting too forward, I would just say, "I'm flattered,but I'm spoken for". Never had a problem.

Joni Marie Cruz
08-08-2009, 12:19 PM
How strange? Just wondering.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Lorileah
08-08-2009, 01:26 PM
I am an incorrigible flirt and would probably be labeled a tease but I tend to try and egg him on

vikki2020
08-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I've been chatted up a few times- sometimes they know, sometimes they don't. I do get a rush of the femme adrenaline when it happens! If the conversation progresses, I will let them know what the real story is-- one guy almost fell over, he just couldn't believe it. Then he asked a few questions, like how do I pull it off, and got over it pretty quickly. He still wanted to go out!

MissConstrued
08-08-2009, 01:43 PM
How strange? Just wondering.

I was going to ask that....

Some might say that any guy hitting on a tranny might be a bit strange to begin with... a bit strange is one thing, but there's a certain level of it that kinda makes you reach for the pepper spray, ya know?

Nicola46
08-08-2009, 02:23 PM
If the guy knew I was a male and wanted to chat me up and make a pass at me, Id be very flattered and would enjoy it.

Miranda09
08-08-2009, 02:49 PM
I would probably get a thrill out of it, after getting over the shock response!! :D

Laciegurl
08-08-2009, 02:56 PM
If the guy knew I was in drag and he was ok with that, and he was seriously a gentleman not a creep of some sort, I would just go with it. Give him a little flirting. Boys like to feel special so I would do my best to play the role of the flitrty girl that's half boy crazy. Never know it may turn out to be something cool.:battingeyelashes:

cdkendra38
08-08-2009, 02:59 PM
i think most guys really know when they see you so i tend to go with the flow and see were it takes me

Rachel Morley
08-08-2009, 03:16 PM
You mean strange man as in "a stranger" not strange as in "a weirdo" - right? The first time a stranger who was a man treated me politely (but I could tell he had read me) it made me feel uncomfortable as I'd only ever spent time when dressed with GGs or other CDers and so I wasn't sure how to handle it. Now I kinda like it if it ever happens. If a regular guy treats me nice I feel like a lady. The last time this happened to me was when my wife and I were leaving a restaurant and the waiter got our coats for us and then held mine open for me and helped slip it over my shoulders - felt kinda nice :)

Kara Hi Heels
08-08-2009, 03:23 PM
The first time a stranger who was a man treated me politely was my first time out. Got a make over and was taken out to a gay bar. He knew i was a CD and was very polite. While talking he placed his hand on my knee and i almost jumped off the barstool. The man kept appoligizing and at the time it was scary & made me feel uncomfortable & wasn't sure how to handle it. Looking back now it was a bit flattering and kinda like it if it ever happens. If a regular guy treats me nice I would feel like a woman.

Elsa Larson
08-08-2009, 03:34 PM
There's always the chance the man is a "sister" in drab.

While in guy mode, I once read a gal in a shopping mall and approached her to tell her that I was a sister. She was terrified.

Another time, I recognized a gal whose web page was in my favorites. I was tongue-tied and my full beard did NOT make me look like a "sister". I'm sure she thought I was nuts. (We have spoken since then at our local support group.)

I used to carry business cards for my local support group but never got to hand them out while in guy mode.

dawnmarrie1961
08-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Gracee,

If a strange man were to speak to me and wink I'd probably look at him and say" Mister, do the words LESBIAN and BALL BUSTER mean anything to you? Yes. Then you better back off before I let my dog, whom I've neglected to feed this morning, take off a piece of your ass!" Of course I would say this in a very lady like manner.But I think he would get the point. Don't you?

Be safe. Be Smart.

Dawn Marrie

kellycan27
08-08-2009, 04:37 PM

Some might say that any guy hitting on a tranny might be a bit strange to begin with... a bit strange is one thing, but there's a certain level of it that kinda makes you reach for the pepper spray, ya know?

Are you still going on about me pepper spraying you? I told you I didn't do it on purpose! Well not the first time anyway ......second and third time maybe. How was I to know you just needed directions? :cute:
:rofl:

Frédérique
08-08-2009, 05:38 PM
When you’re out en femme and a nice-looking regular-type fellow speaks to you in a friendly manner – and it’s clear he knows you're one too (a guy), maybe he winks – how does that make you feel? (Or, how would you?)

Just curious whether an actual man there makes you feel more, or less, feminine – especially if he seems okay with the pretense. And if his presence makes you nervous, well, how feminine is THAT, anyway?

It makes me feel quite feminine, thank you! However, I would point out to him that he wouldn’t be able to afford me. You can look, but you can’t touch, darling...

Shikyo
08-08-2009, 05:52 PM
As long as there doesn't seem to be anything strange about the person itself, I'd behave normally and without worries. But there was this one guy once who started speaking to me. It wasnt' so much the way looked, I could have passed on that, but not only was his looks totally strange. He had had a stripe of paint going through his face, but also he started the talk strangely by saying, "I'm not your enemy." and that totally freaked me out.

But usually there's nothing wrong with answering back and talking normally to them. It also makes me feel happy about it, unless it's someone freaky like the guy I told about.

michelle_tx
08-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Depends on how drunk I am. :heehee: But seriously, I'm usually flattered to the point they get serious, then I have to put my foot down. And every now and then in their balls. It's usually when I'm out at a club and the night is getting late that the nuts who aren't discouraged easily seem to come out.

MissConstrued
08-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Are you still goin on about me pepper spraying you? I told you I didn't do it on purpose! Well not the first time anyway ......second and third time maybe. How was I to know you just needed directions? :cute:
:rofl:

Wut? Asking for directions?

That's for chicks. :D

Doesn't bother me, anyhow... I grew up on Mexican food. :tongueout

Tamera
08-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I guess they are only a stranger if you don't introduce yourself. Once you do this, your not strangers anymore....:D
Hugs,
Tamera

dilane
08-08-2009, 07:37 PM

Yes. To paraphrase Groucho Marx: "I'd never go out with a guy that would want to go out with me (knowing my status)."

The straight guys will actually ask you out. The chasers, well, they cut to the chase.

Tranny chasers are everywhere, there are two or three in the straight place I hang out at most. The latest one to put a move on me (turned him down, of course) is a ... gynecologist!

Ralph
08-08-2009, 07:51 PM
How was I to know you just needed directions?

And how do you know MC doesn't get off on being pepper sprayed? Strange man, indeed...

Getting back to the OP... *if* I went out in a skirt, I wouldn't even make an attempt to pass because I'm not trying to be a female. Most days, I don't bother shaving but once a week, so you can tell from a mile off that I'm extremely male no matter what I'm wearing.

So under those circumstances, if a guy started flirting with me I'd assume he's gay (hey, turnabout is fair play, right? Happens to us all the time) and make it clear - discreetly for his sake - that Little Ralphie doesn't point that direction. If he continues, a much firmer "I said no"... and after that, I'd break any part of his body that touches me.

A girl's got to have her standards, after all.

MissConstrued
08-08-2009, 07:55 PM
The latest one to put a move on me (turned him down, of course) is a ... gynecologist!

Huh. Guess you can have too much of a good thing. :thinking: :shutup:

Shikyo
08-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Huh. Guess you can have too much of a good thing. :thinking: :shutup:

Oh no, you can't have enough of that one.

Though, I think it might be the fact the ones he gets to see aren't always the nicest smelling ones/or nicest looking ones. Have you ever seen/smelled that place of a old person before, I can tell you it isn't that good of a smell(still better smelling than old guys crotches).

kellycan27
08-08-2009, 08:36 PM
And how do you know MC doesn't get off on being pepper sprayed? Strange man, indeed...

I know Ralph, he said............I'll give you an hour to stop that!

Joni Marie Cruz
08-08-2009, 08:38 PM
The latest one to put a move on me (turned him down, of course) is a ... gynecologist!

Well I hope he was thoughtful enough to warm his instrument before the exam.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Nicki B
08-08-2009, 08:57 PM
QUESTION:

When you’re out en femme and a nice-looking regular-type fellow speaks to you in a friendly manner – and it’s clear he knows you're one too (a guy), maybe he winks – how does that make you feel?

(Or, how would you?)

Why shouldn't you speak to people, anyone, while you're out - isn't that just a normal part of life? :strugglin

Some people will read you, accept that - in fact put it to one side as irrelevant, you've got as much right to be yourself as the next man/woman/in-betweenie? :)

This question isn't really about them, though, is it? It's about you and your own self-acceptance. That's not dependent on other people..

Rogina B
08-08-2009, 09:15 PM
T o me,it is no big deal.Flirt if you want,or be as cold as ice if that is your bag.You have to have a thick skin if you are to survive in the outside world.If he is real horn dog and you are having none of it,whip out the pepper spray..be careful of the wind direction!

kellycan27
08-08-2009, 09:17 PM
:rolleyes: Cheese it! ......mom's home

Lots a macho girls in here tonight,ball busting, punching, breaking off body parts.... Saturday night in Dogwood! :eek:

Aubrey Green
08-08-2009, 09:45 PM
All depends. If his line is old and tired, BUZZ OFF time. If he seems genuine, it's chat time.
If it's me talking to someone as hot as Kelly, then hopefully 2 things. She would be flattered by someone my age being genuine and not coming off as some old perv and that her boyfriend wouldn't beat the crap out of me.

:daydreaming:

dawnmarrie1961
08-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Lots a macho girls in here tonight,ball busting, punching, breaking off body parts.... Saturday night in Dogwood! :eek:

Kellycan,
You are absolutely right! I'm not afraid of breaking a nail or ruffling up my hairdo. Bring em on!! There is nothing sexier then kicking some guy's ass while wearing a short skirt and 5 inch heels.

Dogwood?!! Well, arrff!! Arrff!!

Be safe. Be smart. Kick em in the ass!

Dawn Marrie

kellycan27
08-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Kellycan,
You are absolutely right! I'm not afraid of breaking a nail or ruffling up my hairdo. Bring em on!! There is nothing sexier then kicking some guy's ass while wearing a short skirt and 5 inch heels.

Dogwood?!! Well, arrff!! Arrff!!

Be safe. Be smart. Kick em in the ass!

Dawn Marrie

:heehee: that's cute

All depends. If his line is old and tired, BUZZ OFF time. If he seems genuine, it's chat time.
If it's me talking to someone as hot as Kelly, then hopefully 2 things. She would be flattered by someone my age being genuine and not coming off as some old perv and that her boyfriend wouldn't beat the crap out of me.

:daydreaming:

I don't mind conversing with a gentleman. And yes, I would be flattered.:hugs:

MsJanessa
08-08-2009, 10:31 PM
i think most guys really know when they see you so i tend to go with the flow and see were it takes me

what she said

ronny
08-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Actually I enjoy it when a man notices me..well usually. Just be you and enjoy having his attention. After all, you are a woman!

roni

dana55
08-08-2009, 10:43 PM
i was really shy at first cause i reall didnt know how to react.but th emor it happenede the more confortable i felt. now i flirt i love the feeling..makes me feel so sexy and womanly.

Sweet Jane
08-08-2009, 10:46 PM
I had a guy compliment me in a store the other day...he said that I was a well dressed young woman!...well he was about 75 (laughs) I just thanked him and carried on...I don't think he even worked out that I wasn't a woman, or if he did he acted as if it was the most normal thing in the world

linnea
08-09-2009, 01:51 AM
I just try to be as natural in my femininity as I can, though I have not had to worry about it much.

Sammy777
08-09-2009, 02:07 AM

(Or, how would you?)

I don't see any problems with it.
Don't get your panties in a bunch and just go with the flow.

Its not like your being dragged back to a cheap motel room for a quicky. :lol2:
Unless that is what you want to happen ;)

urmilaaa2008
08-09-2009, 02:16 AM
well i would be flattered perhaps, anyway no chance of this happening since i dont go ut dressed up
urmi

DawnRodgers
08-09-2009, 02:38 AM
I love when a man approaches me when I'm Dawn. Why wouldn't I? After all, here I am looking all feminine and when he talks to me I feel that he is accepting my feminine self. That's what I'm trying to do - be accepted as feminine.
Dawn

allisonrn06
08-09-2009, 06:44 AM
I think I would feel flattered providing he wasn't too pushy, creepy, etc. Once asked my wife how she would feel if we were out and I was being flirted with - she thought it would be funny!

Marisa_M
08-09-2009, 06:58 AM
If he is nice, friendly, treats me as a lady and make me feel more feminine...I will thank him with a kiss on his right cheek!:daydreaming:

Lisa Golightly
08-09-2009, 07:05 AM

I'd make sure I'd got his number... lol... Just joking Debs... Just joking... :heehee:

karynspanties
08-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Hmmmmm, we want to be accepted......but some gurls here would pepper spray or tell them to buzz off.....not a good way to be accepted. I myself have been "chatted up" by male admirers. I enjoy it and talk with them. You should feel complimented that they would rather talk to you than laugh at you or want to beat your butt.

Prissy Linda
08-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Hmmmmm, we want to be accepted......but some gurls here would pepper spray or tell them to buzz off.....not a good way to be accepted. I myself have been "chatted up" by male admirers. I enjoy it and talk with them. You should feel complimented that they would rather talk to you than laugh at you or want to beat your butt.

I agree. If someone approaches me I judge each situation accordingly, If the man treats me with respect whether he knows or doesn't know I'm not a GG then I return the respect, same goes if i'm dress as a male. Not every male that is attracted to or respectful to T girls is a perv, Aren't we as T girls to some degree attracted to T girls in some way whether it's sexual or just because we have something in common?

Now if the male does or says something that i'm not comfortable then I would deal with his advances in whatever manner necessary to let him know i'm not interested. Being accepted as a T-girl has it's hurdles but acting with dignity sure can improve the way we are viewed.

I have been approached by males who were quite respectful, and yes even flirted with me. I enjoy talking with men who find me attractive, doesn't mean I have to have sex with them. Heck I've had quite a few woman approach me who indicated right from the get go that they were interested in sex.

ArleneRaquel
08-10-2009, 04:25 PM
First post – and I probably won’t be a frequenter here, just a casualer.

QUESTION:

(Or, how would you?)

I love to receive compliments from men. It always gives me a trill. Flirting is fun. :o

trannie T
08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Most of the people who speak to me are strange.
Many of the people who I speak to think I am strange.

tricia_uktv
08-11-2009, 04:03 PM
I am flattered and it happens quite often. However it also happens quite often that I'm in a place where it would happen quite often.

Life is for living, life is fun, enjoy it. You can always turn him down if you don't fancy him.

kristinacd55
08-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Don't know yet, when I go out I'll let you know!! :daydreaming:

ClaudiaDawn
08-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Did you learn anything from your mother? Tsk, tsk, tsk, Bad girl, bad girl ...

:o
Hugs

Claudia Dawn

Nicki B
08-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Don't talk to strangers

Did you learn anything from your mother? Tsk, tsk, tsk, Bad girl, bad girl ...

:o
Hugs

Claudia Dawn

That may be true for small children - but if you never talk to people you don't know, how will you expand your horizons - how can you ever grow?

It seems a very limiting way to behave, to me? :sad:

ClaudiaDawn
08-14-2009, 12:29 AM
That may be true for small children - but if you never talk to people you don't know, how will you expand your horizons - how can you ever grow?

:):) It may be limiting, but it is very safe, because if you talk to strangers they may do things to you and you may like them ;).

Hugs

Claudia Dawn

dawnmarrie1961
08-14-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm going to contradict myself here so please hold your laughter ,and I told you so s , to a minimum.

I was out walking at about 11 am. in the morning. Minding my own business like I usually do. Just listening to my radio. It was 89 degrees out but the heat index was about 97. The humidity is 61 percent. I was wearing a beige low cut top with my usual cut of blue jeans and sandals on my feet. My hair was pulled up and back to keep it off my neck. I was already walking for a while so I had beads of sweat dripping down off my forehead.. It was very warm and uncomfortable and I wasn't feeling all that attractive.

Suddenly I hear this voice from across the street. "Hey!"
I came to a dead stop.

A young athletic looking gentleman, looked to be in his early 20's, African American, comes walking across the street and makes a gesture with his hands like he's holding a camera taking my picture.

Then he says "I don't mean to bother you. But I just had to come over and say that you look smoking hot for a transvestite!"

I replied , " Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment."

"Was that a good one?"

"Yes. I rank that amongst the top 10 that I've gotten." I smiled.

Now some of us would have taken being called a "transvestite" as a negative. I don't. I'm proud of both my male and my female attributes. To try to hide either side would be denying myself. That just won't do at all.

This gentleman knew exactly who I am.That is what he saw and commented on.
He saw "Me."

And that, Ladies, is something worth raving about!

Be safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie

MichelleP
08-14-2009, 03:05 PM
I love it when men notice me, it makes me feel very feminine. I like to talk so I usually smile and chat them up a bit. Some know some don't. No biggy.

Now when they start to follow me, and follow me and follow me, well that's when I start to freak out... (okay bad thoughts be gone)...

Michelle

kellycan27
08-14-2009, 06:40 PM

I agree with you...up to a point. And Personally I used to like the attention... to a point. It has been my experience that engaging strangers in casual conversation usually ends up with the nice guy..hitting on me. A lot of guys think that if you are friendly, it is a sign that you are available. Yes, it's flattering at first, but it can get old real fast. I am not saying that all men are this way,but it does seem like majority of them are. Doesn't seem to matter where I am or what I am doing. I have been hit on in clubs, restaurants,the drug store,the grocery store, the mall, and even church.
I got hit on in the lobby of my psychiatrist's office while waiting for my appointment. My rule of thumb is to be polite, but don't engage. Casual conversations with strangers can go south in a heartbeat. Reject that nice guy and sometimes they turn ugly. :2c:

Emmalee_Summers
08-14-2009, 08:24 PM
i would just go with it and see what happens

Cait
08-15-2009, 04:00 PM
I would run with it and see where it took us

Fab Karen
08-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Never kiss a stranger, because the stranger you kiss, the stranger you are.

msginaadoll
08-16-2009, 09:07 PM
It threw me off when it happened. I was just sitting on a mall bench, resting my feet from shopping. A man -maybe in his 60's approached me to ask for directions to a restaurant. I got flustered and said sorry Im really not sure. It was strange to me because here I was being treated just like an average person- and for some reason I didnt expect that. Afterwards thinking about it made my day.

Nicole Erin
08-17-2009, 02:37 AM
I don't mind if a guy thinks I am pretty looking.

One day I was out walking and this guy was smiling at me, anyways I smile back and as I am walking away I hear him say "look at that be-hind"

:D

As long as the guy is not overly creepy, I don't mind. I tend to avoid talking to people, keep to myself, so it doesn't happen much but when it does it is cool.

Desiree2bababe
08-17-2009, 08:19 AM
how does it make me feel...........I get all soft inside, flushed somewhat and very excited.

charlie
08-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Hello Gracee!
In female dress and female mode I'm a horrible attention w****. I love the attention and will sit and talk to most anyone. If the guy is giving compliments and buying drinks I'll sit and talk to them. When they start with the hands, kissing and asking me to leave with them...that is something else.

JaytoJillian
08-17-2009, 07:48 PM
on being approached: I am okay with it as long as the person (m or f) keeps their hands to themselves. When it gets rude, lewd or vulgar, I just move away. If the individual persists, then I go butch in about two nanoseconds. That usually gets the job done. Being 6-2 and athletic isn't ALWAYS a liability when en femme, LoL

markinhose
08-18-2009, 09:12 AM
The first time a stranger who was a man treated me politely was my first time out. Got a make over and was taken out to a gay bar. He knew i was a CD and was very polite. While talking he placed his hand on my knee and i almost jumped off the barstool. The man kept appoligizing and at the time it was scary & made me feel uncomfortable & wasn't sure how to handle it. Looking back now it was a bit flattering and kinda like it if it ever happens. If a regular guy treats me nice I would feel like a woman.

i had pretty much the same experience but it was was second time out and i was by myself in a gay bar know for its xdressers. we were at the bar talking and he placed his hand on my knee as we talked. i was sitting on a stool and he was standing next to me. i fell right into my female role all the way and i felt flattered and convincing with his reaction. we spent the night talking and doing some dancing and he even walked me to my car when we were getting ready to leave. once at my car he even kissed me. we made out there in the parking lot for a while before i finally left. he gave me his number and we went out a few times as b/f and g/f. it was amazing.