PDA

View Full Version : My Success Story, the Challenging Trophy

DisKreeT
08-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Your first thought is probably, "wow, this is long," but I promise you, I know how to entertain. ;)

First, a couple quick bits about me: I was going to post this awhile ago, but I began to lose interest. So before I lose it completely, I may as well post it! About me: I have loved wearing girls’ socks and underwear since I was but a wee lad. It all started when I was playing with my female cousins at their house. I didn’t know why, but when I had an opportunity to “acquire” socks and underwear from their drawers, I HAD to have them. I would take them home with me and put them on in secret. I loved it! The “forbiddenness” of it all, coupled with them being girly designs and vividly colored (that was the 80’s for you!), I was hooked. The thrill has never left me. For the last 17 years or so, wearing and collecting girls’ socks and underwear has been my secret pleasure, my forbidden fruit, my love, my… Precious. No one knows that I wear them, just collect. I’m sure my cousins strongly suspect, but they have said nothing. But the point is, no one knows and I like keeping it that way, hence the handle, DisKreeT.

So if I like keeping my secret, why am I here with a success story? Thanks to the anonymity of the internet, I can tell people like myself the little accomplishment I pulled off recently, and I have been dying to tell SOMEone! Who better to tell than my fellow crossdressers?

One day while browsing Wal-Mart with a friend, on our way to the electronics department the most girly and cute socks I have seen yet caught my eye. When I saw them, my breath caught in my throat as the world melted away. All I could think was of how cute they were and how badly I wanted them! They were as girly as could be, adding to the thrill of potentially wearing them! (Just look at them: aren’t they just too cute? http://i44.tinypic.com/n3n5ao.jpg Pink heel and toe, multicolored hearts, even a pink scalloped band!) But if I had to have them so badly, therein lay the problem: HOW?

I couldn’t think of any way to get my hands on them! It ate at me for two weeks as I schemed. I couldn’t pay any girl I knew to get them for me; the first question on their mind would be “why do you want girls’ socks?” They weren’t available online, either. Finally, I concluded: if I wanted them, I had to get them myself!

I reached that conclusion as I was driving home from work. I don’t know where my sudden boldness came from, but I knew that I had to take advantage of it! While driving to Wal-Mart, I realized I needed an “excuse” to stop near the rack where the socks were on display so I could wait until the coast was clear. I came up with a slick little tactic – I would bring out my cell phone and pretend to talk on it. Whenever you see or hear someone on a cell phone, the typical first reaction is to ignore them, right?

I got a cart and put in a pair of men’s sweat pants, gym shorts, and a package of socks and underwear (all of which I needed anyway). I went to the department where the heart socks were, and much to my relief they were still there. That’s when I got out my phone and pretended to have a conversation, stopping myself and the cart right next to the rack where the socks were on display. My little scheme was working; it seemed like I needed to stop shopping for the moment so I could talk. With my hat’s visor partially blocking my eyes to passersby, I kept talking and looking around discreetly until the coast was clear, or so it would seem for it being a busy public place, hehe. When I could wait no longer, I made a quick grab for them, and wrapped them under the sweat pants I had in the cart to conceal them. My heart racing wildly, I spied a pair of pink knee-high socks on the same rack. I have a big think for pink, so I snagged them too.

Feeling emboldened by having come this far, I decided to push my luck. Next I went to the nearby racks where girls’ underwear was displayed. I tried to look around, but I got too shaky to try. None of them caught my fancy though, briefs seem to be going out of style – the thing these days seems to be bikinis and low-rise, which A, doesn’t fit me, and B, just doesn’t do anything for me. I like briefs. The racks for women’s underwear, though, was nearby and slightly more enclosed. I took this opportunity to stop again and continue my faux conversation on my phone while I looked at all the packs of women’s underwear. I spied a pack of Fruit of the Loom that had a pink design and a white, scalloped waistband in the bundle. I grabbed it quickly and put it in my cart under the gym shorts I had in there.

Now came the final test – the cash register! This is where I applauded my brilliance in talking to my phone. I stopped at a spot where I could view all the self-checkout lanes. When the coast was clear enough, I made my move. I knew the employees that supervised the self-checkout lanes might see my items, but I had to fight through it – I’m pretty sure they have to maintain professionalism and whatnot. Though, just in case, I had prepared as best an excuse as I could, like, “oh, these are for my cousin’s birthday, she has an obsession for collecting socks.” As I held the phone between my shoulder and ear, I used the gym shorts to shield the socks and underwear as I scanned them and quickly bagged them. I completed my purchase and transaction, then calmly walked out of the store with my bags, continuing to talk to my phone.

Then… I did it! I made it out to my car and I held my trophies! I went home as quickly as the speed limits would allow me and I tried on my sweet socks. They are amazing! After all my efforts, the thrill of wearing them has magnified, making these the most rewarding pair of girls’ socks I own! Sometimes I keep them in the cargo pockets of my pants when I’m at work. I take them out and admire them if I’m having a stressful day, and it calms me down and makes me smile every time.

On a funny concluding note: The pink knee-high socks ended up being toeless, which I thought was just lame. I also noticed when I took the panties out of the package, they were HUGE! I saw that I had accidentally snagged womens’ plus size! Haha, whoops! At least this means they’ll fit!

I hope you enjoyed my story. I tried to condense it as much as I could, but I just can’t help myself – I’m a writer! :D

-DisKreeT

Shelly Preston
08-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Wow that seems a lot of effort :eek:

You will find most stores only want your money they are not interested in why you buy something unless it could be considered dangerous

Its easier to just pick it up go scan it, then pay and walk out

Simple quick and effective

Glad you managed to get the items you wanted

Phyliss
08-08-2009, 12:50 PM
DisKreeT, personally I would have purchased the socks only and have boldly walked to an attended register. (Only because that's the way I am)
However, not to belittle your accomplishment, I applaud you for your efforts, even though they may seem a bit more than required. Just doing that for yourself makes the reward of having them that much sweeter than simply buying them much like a pack of gum.

Good for you. Soon enough, as your courage increases, you'll find yourself with a shopping cart full of "girlie things" and without your cell phone as a disguise.

DisKreeT
08-08-2009, 01:06 PM
DisKreeT, personally I would have purchased the socks only and have boldly walked to an attended register. (Only because that's the way I am)

And I applaud your courage for it, but I just didn't have it in me. I'm so damn apprehensive, I even struggled to finally post my story! I just didn't want to face any weird looks from people, I hate to be laughed/snickered at, hence my plot to go through everything unnoticed.

But yes, perhaps one day, I'll just go ahead and boldly go ahead and do it.