PDA

View Full Version : I Suddenly Hate Women's Shoes

Veronica Nowakowski
08-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Wore a pair of white flats that didn't control where my feet slipped to, chaffed up my feet and now I can't slip on a pair of black heel sandals without tons of pain. Perhaps they'll go on better with stockings later.

Shikyo
08-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Pain is always the worst thing to come.

Anyway, more of the topic. Could it be you walked little strange in the shoes? As I was using a nice pair of heels at a weekend for an event, but I walked way too fast on the first day so I managed to hurt my feet because of that. Then after the event(thank god) my legs hurt like hell for at least a week, though the first night was the worst. I could sleep because of the pain.

Now after I adjusted my walking to the shoes I haven't had any issues with the shoes anymore, in fact I simply love the shoes and are currently my favorite shoes as well. So you might wanna try walking little differently with the shoes.

Veronica Nowakowski
08-08-2009, 07:14 PM
There was rain, I had no umbrella, so walking slowly was out of the question. though that is a thought.

CarrieAnneEvers
08-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Wanna hear something gross? One time in the dead of winter, I walked around outside in a new pair of hi heels and i looked down and saw the backs of my heels were bloody. I didn't even feel it because of the cold. It took forever to heal. They make some adhesive pads/bandages that will help the healing process and prevent further injury. They are available at pharmacies in the Band-Aid section.

Shikyo
08-08-2009, 08:27 PM
There was rain, I had no umbrella, so walking slowly was out of the question. though that is a thought.

That might explain the pain. So before you damn those shoes, give them another try. This time walk carefully with them.

When I was walking too fast for way too long(was walking like for 6-7 hours more or less non-stop) they just rubbed of the skin, making it hurt like hell.

Wanna hear something gross? One time in the dead of winter, I walked around outside in a new pair of hi heels and i looked down and saw the backs of my heels were bloody. I didn't even feel it because of the cold. It took forever to heal. They make some adhesive pads/bandages that will help the healing process and prevent further injury. They are available at pharmacies in the Band-Aid section.

Doesn't sound that nice.

The same thing should happen when you feet are under water as well. The water will also kill the feeling for pain. Learned that from experience as I was diving into a pool at night and I hit my chin on the bottom. Didn't really feel much at ait, I felt the hit and that was about it. When I went back to the table later on, my sister asked what happened to my chin as it was all bloody.

Anyway, walking outside in the cold so that your feet actually feel the coldness is not really that safe. Once you've frozen any part of your body once, the second time will be a lot faster and more dangerous. In the worst case scenario you'll lose your toes. The longer you are, the more you will lose. Not really a nice thing to happen to your feet, I'd imagine. So please be careful when walking outside in the cold, we don't want anything to happen to your feet.

michelle_tx
08-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Wanna hear something gross? One time in the dead of winter, I walked around outside in a new pair of hi heels and i looked down and saw the backs of my heels were bloody. I didn't even feel it because of the cold. It took forever to heal.
I actually had a pair of flats do that to me. They weren't made very well, and there was a rough spot right in the back that rubbed them completely raw by the time the day was over. I still have a slight scar on both feet from them if you get close enough to look. Here I'm used to suffering for heels, and it was a pair of flats that ended up doing the most damage.

docrobbysherry
08-08-2009, 10:15 PM
FLATS!:doh:

Throw them away! They're dangerous and RUIN your posture!:doh:

I don't OWN any shoes with less than 3 1/2" heels, and most r taller! I NEVER have those problems!:)

sometimes_miss
08-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Poorly fitting shoes, mens or womans, are going to hurt your feet. If they don't fit right, toss 'em. And take a tip from the commuting ladies; if you think your dressy shoes are going to be a pain, wear sneakers during the trip and carry your shoes in your bag until you get to your destination.

dawnmarrie1961
08-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Veronica,
You have crossed the boundaries of sight, sound and shoes size. You have now entered "The Woman's Shoes Zone".( A little twilight zone music here.)

Every woman goes through the same experience. That is the pain of the pleasure of wearing shoes that look good on you. Get used to it.

I've got a pair of black, three inch heel, open toe sandals with ankle straps that just kill my feet after about 3 hrs of wearing them . Sometimes I get blisters. If I'm at work sitting at my desk I'll slip them off for a while just to ease the pain. Why do I wear them? Because they look good!

Then I'll go home and soak my feet.

The price we pay for the shoe is not the only "price" we pay for the shoe!

Be safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie

Veronica Nowakowski
08-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I couldn't wear the sandals I wanted to last night, too much pain and they were slipping a bit with the stockings, won't go on without. I wore some nice, slight heeled shoes that I practically consider flats.

vikki2020
08-09-2009, 12:31 PM
No matter how comfortable the shoe when I start, after 3-4 hours of walking in heels,I'm feeling it! I started to put tape on my toes where I get the most "rubbing". It still hurts, but the healing time is reduced.

Jaclyn NM
08-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Now I have another reason, besides the fact that I absolutely love heels, to never buy or wear flats.

Nicole Erin
08-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Some shoes of any height do kind of suck.
I have had shoes that would rub part of my foot wrong and cause a sore or bleeding.
Those shoes proptly go in the donation bin.

Fab Karen
08-09-2009, 06:07 PM
For closed toe shoes, add shoe pads. Sometimes I see a GG out & about in sandals, I think walking around in those must be a killer, no padding at all.

"...of course, there's the cruel shoes..."- short story by Steve Martin

Leelou
08-09-2009, 07:23 PM
If the shoe doesn't fit, you must acquit! I know, it doesn't make sense, but it came to mind. :heehee:

Seriously, find some shoes that fit right. I don't think I could ever say or write the sentence-- "I hate women's shoes". I love women's shoes.:love:

Veronica Nowakowski
08-09-2009, 08:37 PM
It wasn't meant to be taken literally. Obviously I just had a problem that day with that pair. But it's a good way to vent.

Shikyo
08-09-2009, 08:38 PM
It wasn't meant to be taken literally. Obviously I just had a problem that day with that pair. But it's a good way to vent.

You should do it the same way I do. Hate the walking, not the shoes!

Presh GG
08-09-2009, 08:39 PM
They make a grip shoe insert with an adhesive that goes in the shoe at the ball of your foot. It keeps your foot from sliding forward or sideways. I buy them at Nordstroms. I think others can find them in the shoe dept. in any high end store.

springtime gg

Hope
08-10-2009, 06:01 AM
If they pinch, or if your feet get tired - well - that is the price of admission. But if they cut, or blister, or requiring healing after wearing them - they are cheep (no matter how much you paid for them) and need to go in the bin.