PDA

View Full Version : omg I've been outted :)

Maddie
08-09-2009, 06:48 AM
Yes girls thats right.

My wife and I agreed that we woud not burden our girls about my being a CD, but if they asked we would be open and talk about it.

Well yesterday it happened. My oldest daughter (33) was having dinner with us and we had planned to go out, I was trying to get her to go home so I gould start getting ready. I had gone outside for a smoke and as I come back in I hear my wife say your dad is a TGIRL.

OMG OMG OMG what did I miss.

Well she says "I have knowned since high school"

So i do the only thing I can Think of and start getting dresed.
Conversation continues and come to find out the younger daughter (27) knows too. Oh well so much for being discrite.

I know it will not be dinner conversation but it is good that the secret is out and that my girls are pretty much accepting.

I'm sure that there will be more to follow, but for now......

Huggs to all Maddie

Joni Marie Cruz
08-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Good for you, Maddie.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Sandra
08-09-2009, 07:56 AM
I keep saying this kids know a lot more than they let on.

It's good to hear that they are pretty much accepting.

Angie G
08-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Not bad Maddie. Sounds like you have some cool girls there.:hugs:
Angie

MsJanessa
08-09-2009, 08:42 AM
And I doubt that at ages 33 and 27 it is a traumatic event for them---you probably feel a sense of relief

Olivia
08-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Congrats! Now, enjoy the relief, and know that your girls love you Maddie. I like stories like this!
Olivia

Phyliss
08-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Good for you, now that the weight is off.

I just wonder how many centuries of total time we have wasted worrying about being "found out" by our kids who've known all along.

Miranda09
08-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Sounds like you have wonderful girls Maddie. Let us know how things progress. :) Hard to keep secrets within a family huh??? :D

Joselle3
08-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Hi Maddie

Congratulation's dear!
Sometimes I think we deceive ourselves..our secret that we have to keep from the world or God forbid we will lose our family and friends..not so
Case in point.. I told a very good friend last year..we go back to grade 2 together..that I was TG.
His response was tell me something I don't know and why did you wait all these years to tell me that?
Fact is in most cases you don't have to hide.. I wish I had known that 30 years ago

Sara Jessica
08-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Very nice outcome, I'm so glad this worked out for you!!!

Hi Maddie

Congratulation's dear!
Sometimes I think we deceive ourselves..our secret that we have to keep from the world or God forbid we will lose our family and friends..not so
Case in point.. I told a very good friend last year..we go back to grade 2 together..that I was TG.
His response was tell me something I don't know and why did you wait all these years to tell me that?
Fact is in most cases you don't have to hide.. I wish I had known that 30 years ago

If only we could see the future.

I just wrote about a different kind of "outted" moment that had to do with a friend and while I give him and his wife credit as human beings that something like my tg being wouldn't affect our friendship, human nature is to consider the possibility that one could be wrong. This is why many of us have fear of disclosure.

Schatten Lupus
08-09-2009, 10:25 AM
That's good that your daughters are cool with it.
Myself, I am going to start physically transitioning after me and my fiance have a kid or two. I'm actually going to start during her last pregnancy, and am hoping to spare my future kids of having to see there dad become a second mom. We plan on being honest with them when the day will come that they will ask why they have two moms, rather than a mom and dad, as we have decided honesty, without too much detail, is probably the best thing for any subject, including where babies come from.

TerriM
08-09-2009, 12:14 PM
I often wonder if any of my 5 children know. The youngest is 25 and the oldest 36. I have a cd friend who years ago found out that both her children knew since they were in their young teens. I never told them because i believe life is hard enough for young people today and for them to be told about my dressing would just add another burden.

Yours Terri

MJ
08-09-2009, 12:22 PM
congratulations watch out for the pink fog :hugs:

Rachel Morley
08-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm glad it worked out ok for you. :) Kids can be more perceptive than we give them credit for. When my wife told her son last year he was totally blase about the whole thing and said: "I knew you guys were doing something like that" when we said how did you know? he said: "I saw those books, the one about wearing your wife's clothes and someone's husband being called Betty". :eek:

Kerrylee61
08-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Same thing happened to me. After years of procrastination about telling my daughter I finally got up the courage to tell her at age 29.

Here response was "so what's the big deal Dad, it's not like I haven't known since I was about 12. I'm cool with it!"

And she is and so is her husband... duh. Now I have my first grandchild on the way come September .... here we go again?

Hugs
Kerry

Sweet Jane
08-09-2009, 01:26 PM
i always smile when i see a wonderful outcome like this....and yes, children are perceptive...and like us, maybe they just don't know how to broach the subject to get it into the opening!

Kerrie Sifton
08-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Pheww! at least it is open. And they are positive. Good luck!

LisaM
08-09-2009, 06:29 PM
What a wonderful story, Maddie. I hope the same thing happens to me in a few years.

Ras
08-09-2009, 10:22 PM
at least it is now out in the open. I am sure they will discuss any question when they feel the time is right if at all.

Sammy777
08-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Congratulations :D It sounds great

Maddie
08-10-2009, 05:27 AM
Thanks for all the encourging words.

I still have to stay a little in the psuedo closet because my grandson lives here with us, but we see the tendancy in him. but as my wife says he will get nothing but support

and yes it is such a relief

thanks all