PDA

View Full Version : A Wonderful Weekend

Nikki A.
08-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Well my en femme weekend came and it was a weekend of a lot of firsts. First of all I met a lot of new friends and spent the whole weekend as Nikki.
Started off with a mani and pedicure, with painted nails and toes (wore flipflops so there was no hiding them)checked into the hotel. That evening we went to the Denver TSK meeting and after wards went out to dinner. Saturday we went to IHOP for breakfast and then shopping in downtown Denver, went from store to store, and shopped and shopped with out any problems, was I read, yes, but no matter I was treated with as a shopper with cash, even had a VS bra fitting ( I've got to get skinnier for them). Even got a complement at Dress Barn on my wig. After a few hours and blisters on my feet. We went and changed and went to a club and dinner that night. At the hotel I walked to the lobby, the concession area spoke to the desk people when I had a problem.
Funny thing, if you have confidence and dress appropriatly people will not even notice.
Sunday, I was back in drab sort of, femme shorts and flowered shirt and purse. We had breakfast, and had a little time to kill and stopped at another mall, walked around a bit and also stopped at a Mac store, where I had a consult, left with a little concealer on and makeup. At the airport the scanners also picked out the makeup bag and I had to pull it out and show what was in it. Again confidence and a so what attitude and they were professional about it.
Pics will follow, need a more secure computer,and I'd like to thank Carrie and Lynn for being good friends . And no they didn't have to drag me out into the sunlight.

Jessicafreed
08-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Glad to hear that you had a wonderful weekend. Nothing like a mani/pedi make you feel more girly and kick off the weekend. However we want to see pics of how lovely you looked.

Sheila
08-10-2009, 02:27 PM
glad you had a great weekend :), and yes confidence is a big key to it all :)

tricia_uktv
08-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Yay, well done girl. Was it fun?

Nikki A.
08-10-2009, 08:20 PM
yes I had a lot of fun, and yes a mani and pedi was great although for some reason the polish on the hands didn't stick for some reason and I needed to do them again that night. The toes were no problem at all and looked great all weekend. Thankfully I did bring polish and was able to do them again.
The funny thing when I was dressed I felt no nervousness doing all the shopping, I felt more uncomfortable at MAC trying out the right shades when I was dressed less fem. Probably because I felt more out of place. But on the other hand, I still voiced what I thought of the consultants choices and what I was looking for. She was very personable and listened to what I wanted and tried to help. And yes she did get the sale and I left on the make up for the rest of the day even on the plane and the trip home.

Emmalee_Summers
08-10-2009, 08:40 PM
That sounds wonderful i love to hear positive stories like this. i have not worked up the nerves to go out fully dressed but i did go to the beach this weekend with my only friend that knows about me, in pink girl shorts and panties and just that little felt great i really admire you girls that can go out dressed