PDA

View Full Version : "reverse" purging

vanphair
08-11-2009, 07:17 AM
I have been slowly building up my lingerie stock to the point where I have a good amount (not always the right size, but that is another discussion). Still, I rarely summon the courage to wear any of my items outside the house.

Has anyone done a "reverse" purge, and by that I mean throwing out all your mens underwear and undershirts so you leave yourself no choice but to wear panties, camisoles, etc. every day? It might be a little extreme and there could be better wears to get myself into lingerie on a daily basis, but I am curious if anyone has done that. I know myself and that I will chicken out if given the opportunity, so I have been kind of thinking if I am confronted with nothing but silky feminine lingerie on a daily basis, that is what I will have to wear.

Any thoughts?

Veronica Nowakowski
08-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Another member was just saying that her SO was urging her to throw out all her men's underwear :P

Chrissie P
08-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Yes. On trips. Scary at first when you know there is no return. My only "out" would be ladies jeans and a ladies velour jacket/exercise top. That would be kind of a weak "out" though as the top is ladies purple and the jeans are cut for a woman's figure.

As I and others have said before, if you do not stand out from the crowd and if you go about your business as any other woman would you will blend right in.

Joni Marie Cruz
08-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Ahh, reverse purging, the love that dare not speak it's name. For a minute I thought this was going to be another shopping thread and I thought, "OMG, I love reverse purging. I may have to get over to Catherine's this afternoon." Then I find out it's about tossing your tighty-whities, been there, done that, didn't keep the t-shirt.<lol>

Hugs...Joni Mari

Robertacd
08-11-2009, 08:16 AM
I did that years ago. I still have a couple pairs of mens underwear but they are bikini or thong and have patterns on them. Truthfully I have not owned a pair of tidy whities since I was a teenager.

Phyliss
08-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I tossed my last few pair of TWs about 4 years ago, only because they were taking up valuable space in my drawer where I keep my panties ... I hadn't worn them in quite awhile so flinging them meant nothing to me except to make more room.

Thinking about it now, I have one drawer dedicated to my night wear, (nylon PJs or gowns) another for my panties bras and stockings, and the third for my shape wear and any other excess clothing I can't fit into the first two.

MiraM
08-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I have not owned mens underwear for at least 15 years.

KimberlyJo
08-11-2009, 12:43 PM
well I haven't actually tossed my men's underwear but it certainly hasn't made an appearance outside of my drawer in quite some time.

Honestly if that's what you feel you have to do to "take the leap" or w/e then go for it. It's not expensive to replace if you *have* to, but I think that once you do it and start exclusively wearing your dainties, you'll see it's just really not as big a deal as your making it out to be :) :love: :hugs:

Take the plunge and never look back! :devil:

lisalove
08-11-2009, 12:44 PM
At the age of 18 when I moved out on my own. I had three piles of stuff. 1. things to move to my own place. 2. things to go to the thrift store. And 3. things that got thrown away, guess what was in that pile?
When I moved out on my own, I went 24/7 wearing only women's clothing. I'm 43 now and I don't own any male clothes.

Sarah 777
08-13-2009, 04:05 PM
I got rid of all my male underwear about four years ago...apart from a couple of pairs I kept "for emergencies" (ie in case I'm planning to get knocked down by a bus that day lol).

Sarah x

Teri Jean
08-14-2009, 06:23 AM
I too was hoping for a shopping spree but now I understand what you mean. Well depending on how much change it would be for your normal dressing it could be dramatic.
For me I dress daily and underdress 24-7. I try to dress fem whenever it is appropriate and if I have to dress drab I am always underdressed.

Teri