PDA

View Full Version : Thought Provoking Question.

Vicky_Scot
08-11-2009, 08:47 AM
If you were blind would you still dress or is the visual aspect the defining attraction?

Xx Vicky xX

Sara Jessica
08-11-2009, 08:49 AM
I'd have to for others to see me as who I am.

TJ Tresa
08-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Yes I would, I dress because I like the way women's clothing feels, especially the undergarments. I love feeling the wieght of my forms in my bra pulling down and jiggling when I walk. I love the feel of my legs being freshly shaved. I love the way I look when I'm dressed. so to answer the question, yes I would still dress.

Joni Marie Cruz
08-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Yes. But I wouldn't let my wife dress me. I know her sense of humor too well.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Marisa_M
08-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Yes I would. My feminine self is above everything.

Kittykitty
08-11-2009, 09:33 AM
of course, blind women wear clothes... don't they?

Shikyo
08-11-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm not looking at me all the time. I'm not seeing the clothes all the time. I'm feeling the cloths all the time. There is no need to see the cloths to feel, so yes I would still be dressing.

Not to forget, the society doesn't like naked people outside in the cities.

Veronica75
08-11-2009, 09:49 AM
While the click of heels, the smoothness of nylons, the smell of foundation, and a million other inputs would still be there, I'm too detail-oriented to dress blind-- my makeup might not be quite right and no one would tell me.

Lorileah
08-11-2009, 10:17 AM
I dress therefore I am

Gerard
08-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Interesting question.

If I was blind from birth, I'm not sure, so many things would have been different.

If I went blind now, then yes.

dutch-anita
08-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Yes I would, it's the feeling, not the look of it

Ras
08-11-2009, 12:28 PM
of course I would since it is the feeling I enjoy

Sweet Jane
08-11-2009, 01:43 PM
i would need some help with my make up!!!!!

Kerigirl2009
08-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Absolutely, I love the feel, like how a flowing skirt feels rubbing on my legs or a silk robe before bed as it wisks in the breeze as you get ready for bed. Or the way a bra hugs you all day and Oh my answer is Definately, Absolutely, without a doubt. A girl has to feel good too.:)

Frédérique
08-11-2009, 02:32 PM
If you were blind would you still dress or is the visual aspect the defining attraction?

Yes. I’m a tactile creature, you know. If I were blind, dressing up would help me to cope. That reminds me...
The other night I was working in my studio, and the power went out in mid-brushstroke (during a thunderstorm) . Suddenly, I couldn’t see anything, and I was all dressed up at the time. I had to carefully put the paint away before I got any on my clothes, then I gingerly felt my way around several tables and chairs before I reached the door to the hallway. In the dark, I reached out to feel for the open stairway, and then I slowly made my way down the stairs. I was hoping some lightning flashes would illuminate the scene, but I was on my own. I had this fear of stumbling and falling down the stairs, and later being found unconscious (with my skirt over my head) by my sister. I made it to the first floor OK, and after several minutes of feeling walls and banging into things, I approached the flashlight I keep downstairs in a cupboard. Just then, the lights came on! No harm done – I didn’t get any runs in my stockings…

Cheshire Gummi
08-11-2009, 03:08 PM
If I were blind, I wouldn't be able to read this question.

Think about that for a little while.

:silly:

I would dress. Matter of fact, I'd probably do it a lot more, since I'd be unable to see the disapproving glances. I don't think I'd go for my signature monochrome color scheme, but whatever. They might even think I just grabbed the wrong article of clothing and be too nice to call me on it. That's a horrible thing to think, I grant you, but at least I wouldn't have to hear it.

I'd be blind and nobody makes fun of a blind person.

Ruth
08-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I've wondered about this too, because there is a very large visual component in what we do.
(Of course blind women wear clothes, but that does not prove a thing. Wearing gender-appropriate clothing and CDing are two different things.)
And I'm fairly sure the urge to crossdress would be very much less if there were no visual feedback.
Anyway, it's worth thinking about if it sheds any light on why we crossdress.

trannie T
08-11-2009, 03:37 PM
It is not so much seeing myself dressed, or even feeling myself dressed, but knowing I am dressed that is the most important part of the experience.

Alice B
08-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Sure, but I'd have to be very careful as to when.

Tina P Hose
08-11-2009, 07:36 PM
IF, I were blind, from the day that I was born. I would never have any idea how sexcting it is to imulate, pretty girls. So IF, I were blind from birth, I could understand ALGEBRA, and be smarter than I am, with sight.

docrobbysherry
08-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I mite occassionally put on things like body shapers, corsets, , stockings, bras and forms, etc.

But, I expect I'd give it up eventually. I CERTAINLY NEVER WOULD HAVE STARTED!:eek:

betty_colo
08-11-2009, 09:21 PM
if i were blind i might think everyone dressed the same...would it be special??

Rachel Morley
08-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I'd still dress. I like to feel feminine and while looking at myself when dressed is a nice thing to see, I think the feel of my underwear, outer clothes and shoes would still get me there. :)

Crysten
08-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Huh - I didn't think blind women were allowed to wear clothes. but then again, I live under a rock.

Crysten

PS. Yes. In fact, I would probably wear them even more than I do now.

Miranda09
08-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Don't know...and for me, there's no way to know!!

Stephanie Miller
08-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Oh, but of course I would still dress! There is so much imagination that I use when I look in the mirror now and see this ol' broad already that being blind would just make believing I’m attractive so much easier. I wouldn't have the reality of ugly getting in the way. Stray hairs, smudged mascara .... Who cares?!

pinkeverything
08-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Good question.

Pattie O
08-11-2009, 11:58 PM
I spend 99% of my time cross dressed in underwear only and the visual rarely plays a role as to why I am dressing.It is definitely the feel of the clothes and also just the knowledge that Im wearing something feminine (like right now!).For me dressing up fully is like the "icing" which sometimes I leave when eatng cake .I just wish dressing fully could be more like "the cake".

Pattie:daydreaming::battingeyelashes:

jazmine
08-12-2009, 12:07 AM
To be honest, it would dramatically cut down on my Jasmine time, because half of it is a visual thing for me.

Lara Smith
08-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Of course! It is all about feeling and being.

Jan W
08-22-2009, 03:20 AM
Nope, I can't see the point.

Janny

emmlouise
08-22-2009, 03:34 AM
For me it is not just the look. It is the feel of the fabrics, breeze round my legs, the feel of dresses and skirts as they move. It is the feel and smell of makeup and the scent of my perfume. There is so much more than the visual aspect and also, although I don't know why, there is a need that is inexplicable and goes beyond conscious thought. It just makes me calmer and more relaxed.

Another thought just occurred. Had I been born blind, would my dreams have shape or colour and would just the feel and scent affect me without having seen the effect? What I am trying to say is , is the desire to crossdress really anything to do with sight, smell or touch, or is it just within us?

Hope
08-22-2009, 03:58 AM
My grandmother was blind, and I was supposed to go blind as a teen (though thankfully dodged that bullet) so I have spent a lot of time playing the "what if you were blind" game.

I would have to say, that while certainly I do dress "for my self" blah blah blah - one of the biggest reasons for dressing for me is interacting with the world in the female gender role... So while I would not be able to appreciate my good looks - others still would and would be reacting to me accordingly.

So i would certainly still dress.

Jenniferpl
08-22-2009, 04:03 AM
It probably would make no difference. It is the feel of the fabric and the joy of having breast pull on my bras straps. I underdress a lot, so I cannot see it away but is how it makes me feel. It all makes me feel femminine, so therefore I am.

urmilaaa2008
08-22-2009, 04:26 AM
Yes I would, it's the feeling, not the look of it

i agree with anita 100%:hugs::love:

cassandra2601
08-22-2009, 04:26 AM
Yes of course - it is so sensual. Visual is strong but....

AllieSF
08-22-2009, 04:30 AM
Great question. I am not sure, because the look is definitely important to me. But maybe dressing and continuing to interact with others would be enough to keep me going and satisfy my needs. I really do not know.

sometimes_miss
08-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Yes, because the woman's clothing that I were 'feels' different than the male clothing. Bra, nylon panties and slip, skirt, stockings instead of sox, dangling earrings, choker or necklace, it's a long list, etc..