PDA

View Full Version : So much for all the planning....

pamela_a
08-11-2009, 04:06 PM
As I posted in a different thread, after several meetings with HR at work I had planned to announce my transition next Monday.

Yesterday, with a week to go, I started my final preparations, which included finalizing my announcement, requesting my new ID badge and notifying my IT department of the impending change, all with an effective date of the 17th.

When I woke up this morning I noticed, in addition to my usual overnight emails from work, there were several from my IT group...all of them reporting the changes I had requested were COMPLETE!!! This meant my e-mail and several other systems now new me only as Pam.

After confirming what they had done, I decided the only thing to do was go forward. I spent the morning making sure I hadn't missed anything and around noon I sent out the announcement.

As I expected, no one seemed to be very surprised and I received a number of encouraging responses from people, including from one woman who shared with me that her daughter is also struggling with GID.

The afternoon wore on as usual but it appears it turned out as I hoped, a big non-event.

-Pam-

joanlynn28
08-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Good for you Pam, just stay alert and keep tabs on yourself and those around you. Hope it all goes well with your changes at work and outside of it too.:hugs:

GypsyKaren
08-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Pam, it took a lot of courage to get this far, so you'll do just fine.:hugs:

GK :g2:

Veronica_Jean
08-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Pamela,

Isn't it amazing how they get thsoe thigs done fast, but if you needed something else they would have been weeks getting to it!!

Congratulations on your progress and the good news from your coworkers!! :love:

Veronica

Saika
08-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Glad to hear it has gone well, all the best hun :)

Phyliss
08-11-2009, 06:21 PM
To paraphrase Robert Burns, ... "The best plans of mice and men often get laid"

After thought ... 45 min later.

Believe me, I'm NOT belittling your accomplishment, it just seems to be somewhat like my general luck, ... no matter how I plan, nothing goes according to "plan"

"A big non event" ... after all the planning and getting the "ducks in a row" ... it becomes an almost waste of time to have done all that.

Good for you.

Sejd
08-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Bravo Pamela
good on you. Rock on girl!!!

luvSophia
08-12-2009, 03:24 AM
Congratulations Pam! Sometimes non-events are a good thing.

Teri Jean
08-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Pam that is the best news, I so happy for you. Wow we are going to have a ton of things to talk about this morning. See you soon.

Huge huggs sis. Teri

Suzy Harrison
08-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Congratulations !

I'm sure you are going to find this will be pretty easy and stress free...

pamela_a
08-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Thank you all.

My first full day at work as Pam and all he** breaks loose!!!

Thankfully it wasn't because of me but sadly some of my co-workers and friends were laid off.

I am lucky in that I do work with really great people (and the "nasty" ones don't come around me). I received many wonderful responses, some from people in other facilities whom I've never met.
The one that struck me most was from one of the other women who told me she really does understand, her daughter is also struggling with her gender identity. I guess that just shows you never really know what issues somebody may be dealing with.

I guess it's just back to the boring everyday grind for me now.

Thank you again for everyone's help and encouragement. It would have been significantly more difficult without all of the help I've received from my sisters here.

-Pam-