PDA

View Full Version : First day shopping

Philipa Jane
08-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Hi everyone.
Well this is new to everyone a some time and today was mine.
I had an appointment with my plastic surgeon for a final check up on the liposuction (body sculpting) I had done almost one year ago. My eyes are next depending on cost.With plenty of time before lunch with my SO I went to a big department store where I had seen a nice pearl grey skirt and a white pin striped blouse to go with it.
The young sales assistant could not have been more helpfull my only mistake was not being to sure of the size 12.14.16 etc.I di have the size in inches and centimetres but this was not applicable. The 12 was fine for the skirt (33inch waist) but the blouse whilst being a large is a little snug around the biceps,hope they do an XL.Still she did say take it back if it did not fit.
Next was a store specializing in make up (not so confident here I said I was shopping for a niece as a Christmas present.)It seems I am to be commended for my early shopping forethought. LOL
So OK when I have decided on my look and have a better idea on my needs I shall be more selective on my choices.
I did think it went all right by saying "I'll have one of those some of them and a couple of these". The dumb male attitude worked to my advantage today.
I met my SO for lunch in the city and over the meal she brought up my going shopping.(The bags were not with me as I had taken them back to the car.I do not want to be too much in her face with this untill she is OK.)I said I had been and it was left there.
All in all a good day out.May there be many more but next time with my SO. Maybe.
Philipa Jane

Persephone
08-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Sounds like you had a fun day, Philipa! Knowledge of your sizes, makeup needs, etc. will come with experience. There are no standard sizes, so one dress in a size 12 may look great on you, another may be too large or too small. Enjoy the experience!

Samantha B L
08-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Phillipa Jane, It sounds like you had a great time. And really that's what this is all about. Over time you'll learn your makeup shades that suit you best and your equivalents in female sizes although as Persephone points out these can change from one clothing item to another. Nothing beats those shopping trips.

Philipa Jane
08-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Thank you ladies for the response.
Yes I do see how frustrating it can be with two different labels, when one blouse fits and the other does not when to all intents and purposes they are listed as the same size.
I was lucky enough to get the last larger size today.Wonderfull.
Philipa Jane

Charla McBee
08-13-2009, 02:23 AM
You are doing better than me with my 4Am trip to a Walmart 300 miles from home when I should have been asleep in my hotel room. I skillfully dodged the stock people and rare other customer and had a lame excuse ready for the cashier in addition to other non-feminine items. I've bought two pairs of shoes in broad daylight close to home but that is somehow easier than walking up with a skirt, top, bra, and panties. I'm so happy I pulled it off though, I was on the verge of madness.

Pattie O
08-13-2009, 02:47 AM
I found the most gorgeous pair of heels(open backed/strapless)the other day at an Op shop that I go to.The SA was very helpful at time of purchase as she commented on what a lovely pair of shoes they were(and they were a bargain at $9.90).
Pattie