PDA

View Full Version : Not thinking got me caught!

kaitlin
08-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Hey Girls, Most of my family knows something about me, some know it all and others just that I keep my legs shaved, their just not sure why. Well we just moved to our temp home, got rid of our double wide and looking into building a new home or something. It's very close to one of my sister-in-laws (who knows it all) home, but our neice (doesn't know anything) has moved back in with her and has a 6 year old daughter. I peeked out the front door, just before dark yesterday, didn't see anyone, so I walked out to the truck barefoot to get my cell phone. Just as i reached in to get it a small voice behind me said "Hi, what ya doing?" (Jumped out of my skin:eek:) I said "Just grabbing my phone". She said "Uncle B--- Why are your toenails painted, that's for girls!" I said "there done because your aunt and I like them done, and it's not just for girls" She looked puzzled for a moment and then said "OK...Love you" and took off for home! I turned around and my wife was laughing so hard she was crying:lol:. She said "your out now"! I called my S.I.L to see what the little one had said and so far nothing, but she is sure that she will soon. I don't care who knows, but it's harder to come out to some people than others, even if it is family. Oh well, we'll see what is said and maybe I'll be out more, less to worry about! Kaitlin

Amy Lynn3
08-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Happened to me too with my 10 yr old grandaughter about 6 months ago. Till this date she has told nobody.

Ralph
08-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Good on ya for not making up some lie to cover it up!

obsessedwithpantyhose
08-12-2009, 07:26 PM
act like its no big deal and it wont become a big deal.....

TxKimberly
08-12-2009, 08:03 PM
LOL Yeah, you gotta watch those little six year old girls. My own has my number too.

spiroxlii
08-12-2009, 08:18 PM
So... this is what I have to look forward to when I have little ones of my own?

*takes notes*

MissConstrued
08-12-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't care who knows, but it's harder to come out to some people than others, even if it is family.

What? "Out of the closet?"

For nail polish? And here I thought gay people had it rough. :rolleyes:

It's paint, fer chrissakes.

spiroxlii
08-12-2009, 08:35 PM
What? "Out of the closet?"

For nail polish? And here I thought gay people had it rough. :rolleyes:

You're preaching to the choir. WE know it shouldn't be a big deal to be yourself. It's a big portion of the rest of the world that is willing to ridicule us, ostracize us, and even kill us...

...all for a little paint.

Brenda456
08-12-2009, 09:16 PM
I have a 6 yearold grandson. He is very observant. . .

Jolene
08-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Sooner or later something always seems to give.
I am sure my day is coming. :)

sandra-leigh
08-12-2009, 10:07 PM

Is it? Using your favorite scientific reference, dictionary.com, paint is

a substance composed of solid coloring matter suspended in a liquid medium and applied as a protective or decorative coating to various surfaces, or to canvas or other materials in producing a work of art.

Some nail polishes are known to include solid coloring matter (including fish scales), but you have not established that all nail polishes include solid coloring matter, and thus have not established that nail polishes are paint.

kellycan27
08-12-2009, 10:27 PM
You're preaching to the choir. WE know it shouldn't be a big deal to be yourself. It's a big portion of the rest of the world that is willing to ridicule us, ostracize us, and even kill us...

...all for a little paint.

Only if you let them, only if you take it to heart. people get killed for less or even nothing.. We aren't that special. Man (or woman ) up.

Sammy777
08-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Some nail polishes are known to include solid coloring matter (including fish scales), but you have not established that all nail polishes include solid coloring matter, and thus have not established that nail polishes are paint.

"solid coloring matter" refers to pigments IE pigmentation.
Or - the stuff used to make all the pretty colors. :doh:

If nail polish didn't have any "solid coloring matter" it would be clear.
- like I hope this response was. :lol2:

CharlotteW
08-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Great story! Put a smile on my face.

Take care.

spiroxlii
08-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Only if you let them, only if you take it to heart. people get killed for less or even nothing.. We aren't that special. Man (or woman ) up.

I never thought of it that way. You're right, though. Since worse injustices and even more senseless acts exist in this world, the widespread intolerance toward GLBTQ folks is really trivial.

Thank you for opening my eyes. I wish somebody had told these people (http://www.transgenderdor.org/?page_id=58) that all they had to do was not take the abuse to heart and not to let their attackers kill them. If they hadn't allowed themselves to be murdered, they might still be here today.

Seriously, though... I know our situation could be much worse. That doesn't mean it's GOOD, though. Not yet, at least. To be better than the worst is not greatness. We don't need to go around being meek "victim" types who are scared all the time, but we do need to acknowledge the dangers that exist out there, specifically as they apply to people who are "different." Even among people who are "okay with gays," TG/CD/TS/TV people are often still viewed as perverts or freaks.

Back to the topic of this thread, I've been in a situation or two myself where younger people don't understand how much trouble they could get me into if they went around sharing my gender identity and orientation with the world. To some younger folks (I mean younger than me... haha), gender and sexual orientation are not a big deal. Some of my friends who are younger than I am don't understand why I am so cautious about where I will go dressed en femme. They often suggest outings that would very likely end badly for me, and it never occurs to them until I mention it.

kellycan27
08-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I never thought of it that way. You're right, though. Since worse injustices and even more senseless acts exist in this world, the widespread intolerance toward GLBTQ folks is really trivial.

Thank you for opening my eyes. I wish somebody had told these people (http://www.transgenderdor.org/?page_id=58) that all they had to do was not take the abuse to heart and not to let their attackers kill them. If they hadn't allowed themselves to be murdered, they might still be here today.

Seriously, though... I know our situation could be much worse. That doesn't mean it's GOOD, though. Not yet, at least. To be better than the worst is not greatness. We don't need to go around being meek "victim" types who are scared all the time, but we do need to acknowledge the dangers that exist out there, specifically as they apply to people who are "different." Even among people who are "okay with gays," TG/CD/TS/TV people are often still viewed as perverts or freaks.

Back to the topic of this thread, I've been in a situation or two myself where younger people don't understand how much trouble they could get me into if they went around sharing my gender identity and orientation with the world. To some younger folks (I mean younger than me... haha), gender and sexual orientation are not a big deal. Some of my friends who are younger than I am don't understand why I am so cautious about where I will go dressed en femme. They often suggest outings that would very likely end badly for me, and it never occurs to them until I mention it.

Is that like chapter one of the crossdresser's handbook? First of all site that society thinks us preverts and child molesters.Then fall back on how many of us are killed. Don't forget to ignore the fact that all kinds of people fall victim to predators.men, wemon,children, the elderly,blacks,hispanics,gays,lesbiansAsians, the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker. These people are not important and their deaths would only make ours seem less credible. if you plan on waiting until we live in a utopia where the birds are singing and the sun is shining everyday, you're going to miss out on what could be a nice life. Shit happens to people in all walks of life.Get over it.. revise that handbook, it's not the 50's,60's or even the 90's anymore. Stop spreading fear. Honor those people you mention who died for what they believed in......Don't make their sacrifices look as though they were in vain, by using them as a crutch.

MissConstrued
08-12-2009, 11:55 PM
TG/CD/TS/TV people are often still viewed as perverts or freaks.

Based on some of the things I read on this very forum sometimes, that's hardly an unfair assumption. We do have our share of perverts, and yes, freaks. And morons. And sociopaths, psychopaths, jerks, self-centered twats, and probably even an axe-murderer or two. And when the stories in the paper about the doped-up retard caught in the neighbor's laundry are the only exposure people get, can you blame them?

You want things to change? Just get out there, and be cool. Be somebody that others want to hang around. Just like one pervert can give hundreds of people a bad impression, likewise can one hero leave a good impression. You can't expect anyone to think there are cool trannies out there if they've never met one... how many don't get to meet you because you're hiding? Grab yer heels and yer Glock, and go be a hero.

spiroxlii
08-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Kelly, I don't want to fight with you. I actually think you and I are a lot closer to agreeing on this issue than we realize, but we came at it from opposite sides, so each of us might see the other as an extremist.

I don't know what things are like in Nevada, but here in Atlanta, one of the GLBTQ "capitols of the world," I've had people try to actively intimidate me for being a "fag" and even a "kike," which really confuses me, because I'm not even Jewish... but I guess they looked at my features and decided I was. This happened before I even dressed in public.

I DO dress in public now. I do NOT live my life in constant fear. I just choose to be aware of the danger that does exist, and I do what I can to minimize potential risks. It may be better in some areas than in others, and I never expect it to fully disappear. We don't have to let it rule us, but we shouldn't forget that it's there. I'm sorry if I came off as hysterical with the horror stories. It wasn't my intent. Sometimes I do get a little heavy-handed with the cautionary tales, though.

I also apologize to the original poster for hijacking this thread! I'm done. I promise!

sandra-leigh
08-13-2009, 10:05 AM
"solid coloring matter" refers to pigments IE pigmentation.
Or - the stuff used to make all the pretty colors. :doh:

If nail polish didn't have any "solid coloring matter" it would be clear.

There are a lot of liquid dyes, held in place not because they are solid but because the containing mixture solidifies.

For example, the colorant in Estée Lauder Pure Color Instant Finish Quick-Dry Topcoat (http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/product.php?prod_id=71546) is D&C Violet 2, which is minimum 99.5% water soluable (http://www.sciencelab.com/page/S/PVAR/10411/SLD3112) -- a pigment, but not "solid coloring matter".

Sammy777
08-13-2009, 02:26 PM
There are a lot of liquid dyes, held in place not because they are solid but because the containing mixture solidifies.

For example, the colorant in Estée Lauder Pure Color Instant Finish Quick-Dry Topcoat (http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/product.php?prod_id=71546) is D&C Violet 2, which is minimum 99.5% water soluable (http://www.sciencelab.com/page/S/PVAR/10411/SLD3112) -- a pigment, but not "solid coloring matter".

Well aren't we just Mr. Wizard today.
Looks like a lot of work to try and prove a mute point, but I will give you an A for effort. :D

foxyjj111
08-13-2009, 07:52 PM
10 yr old step daughter noticed the left over pinkish red nail polish in the corners of my toes. i told her it was a little blood from running on the beach. :doh: dont think she bought it so i changed the subject. lol.

MissConstrued
08-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Well aren't we just Mr. Wizard today.

Careful, it might be Miz Wizard tomorrow. It varies day to day, you know.

kellycan27
08-13-2009, 10:59 PM

So... How does one tell ?

sandra-leigh
08-14-2009, 01:02 AM

I provided a counter-example demonstrating that some coloured nail polishes are not "paint". Counter-examples are gender-neutral -- and chemical databases do not change depending on the gender of the person who cites them.

MissConstrued
08-14-2009, 01:47 AM

I have no idea.

And apparently, neither do the clerks at Sears.

:devil:

Jessinthesprings
08-14-2009, 01:59 AM
I was never very good at hideing it. I tried very hard not to too... I guess I am either careless or wanted to get caught. Now days I care less and less of what others think and just glad I can be myself. Of course there is still that moments of hesitation before I step out the door.

StevieCD
08-14-2009, 09:19 PM
I was just wondering how many kids that do notice and tell their parents. get their butts spanked for telling lies. Picture the parent scolding the kid, " your uncle/grandpa does not wear womens clothes so go sit in the corner until you learn not to make up stories about other people".

joanncd
08-15-2009, 03:46 AM

Not yet for me,......but my wife called via Skype from home, surrounded by all my inlaws, and wanted to face chat, I replied but said my camera was on the blink, if thay had seen me....all dressed up, makeup, long hair wig, the lot.......ha

charlytuna
08-15-2009, 08:13 AM
have to say happen to me in a worse way. One day my son just left to for his girlfriend,he was sitll living at home, afer he left I decided to get dress and run the vac. And benig dumb I never thought to see I the door was lock so In middle of cleaning he come walking in . I freak out on him and ran in my room till he left again this time I locked the door. To this day he never said a word to me or my wife

DAVIDA
08-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Years ago, when the daughter and grandsons were living with us, I had on some espadrills and the youngest asked why I was wearing girl shoes. I asked him if I was a girl.
No sir.
Are they my shoes?
Yes sir.
Then they are not girls shoes then, are they?
No sir.

I quit wearing girl shoes around them after that!

Kimberly Marie Kelly
08-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Kids are always learning and observing things from the day they are born. That's how they grow up. They see things and question things. They don't alway's ask questions but they see things. My kids knew of my crossdressing for like 15 years prior to me telling them about Kimberly, if I only knew.

We tend to fool ourselves into thinking that we hide our true selves and no one notices. Like most people they just don't mention or question it. But you handled it the best by not trying to lie your way out. Kim :battingeyelashes: