PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions

Molly Wells
08-12-2009, 11:25 PM
I will have a few days off later this month and plan to spend 2-3 days as Molly. I am trying to decide where to go and what to do. I live not far from Houston and thought I might spend some time there. I have not been out in Houston and don't really know where to go. I am interested to know of any good places to spend some time and would really like to cross paths with other CD's just to hang out some.
While a bar is not on the top of my list to go to, I would just to have a place to go. I am considering the Houston Museum of Natural Science, or the zoo or some other public place to visit. I would like to know of some places that others have gone and found acceptance and felt safe. I would also like to know about CD friendly nail salons and wig stores. I am looking mainly on the South side of town, but will go wherever I need to.
I am also thinking about a make over from Vanities. I have never been there but I have read good reports.

My previous outings have been mostly in the Austin area and I thought about driving there for a couple of days. In Austin, I have gone to 'Bout Time and have enjoyed it but I have never gone to a restaurant or such. Where else in Austin can a girl feel safe and welcome?

I am looking for suggestions and maybe to hear of some of your experiences in these areas to help me with my plan. Also, if anyone would be interested in conversation, meeting up to hang out or have lunch, just as friends, let me know and we can discuss it.

I don't get these opportunities often and am looking forward to the Molly time!

Wen4cd
08-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Go to: 811 Dallas St # 821
Coalition for the Homeless of Houston.

Walk in there as Molly and give whatever you've got to spare. I'm pretty sure Molly will be accepted. ;)

Lainie
08-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Vanity is wonderful, & a lot of girls drop by there to change clothes on their way to an evening out. Go there early in the trip and get suggestions.
Check out Act II, a lovely re-sale boutique. 8415 Stella Link. They are always nice to me, very helpful with advice on what works & what doesn't in an outfit. Dressing rooms are not super-private, but it's no big deal among us girls, right?
Lots of shops around Montrose & Westheimer. Gay-friendly area. Vanity claims her neighborhood is safer.
I wandered all over the 5th & 6th St area one Saturday morning in Austin--art galleries, antique shops, nice small restauants--en femme, but not passing (big moustache). No one batted an eyelash, got some smiles, all friendly.

Chiana
08-14-2009, 10:28 AM
I am not from Houston but there is a lot of info about Houston in this thread.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113500

Molly Wells
08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will check out the other thread for suggestions.
This will be my first time out in Houston. Like most, if I am going out I want to be in an area that I can feel like there is a lower risk level to being harassed or worse. I appreciate the information about Act II and Vanity. I will be contacting Vanity for a makeover and hope to meet others while there. I will actually have 4 days to venture out, August 27th thru 30th.
I want to have my nails done on the 27th and also go to the beach that day. Then on Friday go to Houston for a makeover and spend the evening out somewhere. Sat and Sun are not planned yet so I am still interested in ideas and locations.
All of your input is appreciated!
Molly

Granny Gray
08-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I live south east of downtown Houston, near the LBJ Space Center. I'm fully dressed over 99% of my time. I go everywhere dressed. Maybe I'm crazy. I don't worry. I'm just ME. If someone doesn't like it, their problem, not mine. I shop and wander about all over the Clear Lake, Friendswood, Webster and League City area 7 days a week. I'm NOT a bar fly. But I do go to a "eatery" once in a while. BayBrook Mall is a great walk about visit any time of day. Most all of my "out and about" is in day time, but night would make no difference, I just go where "regular" single ladies might be expected to go with impunity. I like to shop thrift stores. GoodWill has a very nice store in a center on the SouthWest corner of I-45 and Nasa Rd. 1. Salvation Army has a really nice one in the heart of Pearland on 518. I know, it not Chic to be on the cheap, but by being picky and going often, so often the staff greets me personally each time I go, has allowed me to collect a nice wardrobe of top quality garments without destroying my "old age" reserves. Then there's FRY's electronics... with a mock up of the Space Station hanging from the ceiling and an inventory to empty your bank. I can't say about bars etc. They are of no interest to me. On Sundays I've gone to several local churches and been warmly welcomed. REMEMBER: The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Still, a touch of the 'Noids can be healthy.
Jaye...