PDA

View Full Version : Outed when I forgot bag at store!

Alice Torn
08-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Yesterday, went to this neat little liquidation store, to shop, just before they closed. I just happened to find queen sized pantyhose, in two colors, so slipped three pairs, into my basket. I finally bought akk my stuff, including the hose, and it took four bags. Being in a rush, i forgot one bag of goods. Guess which one had the pantyhose in? I went in today, and saw the bag, and told the lady it was mine. Then, she grabbed it, and asked me what was in it! I rememberred cat treats, so i said cat food. She then says not so fast. "What else is in it?" with a smile, and laugh. I could not answer, but, I could tell she knew the hose were there, because they were the first thing seen, when looking in the bag! I felt a little embarrassed, but, not overly.. If asked if i wear them, i will say yes, and that they comfort my aching legs, support them.

Alana Beaumont
08-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Oh hon, sorry to hear about what happened. Sounds like the cashier was a real she-bitch. *hugs*

Shelly Preston
08-13-2009, 06:15 PM
I dont think you were outed at all

All you were asked to do was confirm the contents

You could have had anything at all in the bag

DanaR
08-13-2009, 07:01 PM
She was just having fun with you.

trannie T
08-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Sales associates in liquidation stores need a little levity in their jobs as anyone else. When you mentioned the pantyhose you should have said somethng like, "I needed those, it is so hard finding pantyhose in my size." You may be melting on the inside but remain confident, do not let them see you be embarrassed. Once you get to the car you can scream.

nvlady
08-13-2009, 09:42 PM
She may have been teasing you a little bit as a prelude to asking to see them on you.

Alice Torn
08-13-2009, 10:30 PM
She is a super nice woman, always friendly. She was just having fun with me, and i am sure she put two and two together. I don't mind. It was nice, just having a woman smile at me. Some of us old bachelors, are starved for that, one of the reasons we dress.

Ralph
08-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah, even I wouldn't have had a problem with that - she probably assumed they were for your wife (whether one exists or not). In situations like that I'll often tell the absolute truth, but with a laugh that makes it seem like I'm joking. I like TT's line "It's so hard finding them in my size". Say that with a grin and a little roll of the eyes, and everybody will think you're kidding.

vikki2020
08-14-2009, 09:24 PM
No harm, no foul! Maybe she was trying to open up a door? I've started bringing a picture with me when I shop in drab. If I get any questions on what I'm looking for, I can show the SA the pic, and say " what do you think, any suggestions?" :heehee: --hasn't happened ,yet!

Teri Jean
08-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Louise, I had a clerk ask me if the dress I was buying was for a special event I was going to. I said yes as a matter of fact and when she suggested shoes to go with the dress I declined with I have plenty already. It took most of her wind from her sails and give me a bost.

Huggs Teri

Aubrey Green
08-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Laugh it off, Louise. I first got married at 20 and had to regularly run to the store to buy Leggs for my wife. So I always went to the only grocerey store in town (where my dad worked) and everyone giggled and said "running errands for the wife again". Next time don't be in a hurry!

trannie T
08-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Be happy the first cashier did not run behind you as you left yelling, "Sir you forgot the bag with your pantyhose!"

Alice Torn
08-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Great replies! I was in a hurry, because they were closing, and tired.

PetiteDuality
08-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Honestly, I think that we crossdressers tend to be a little paranoid about being outed.

I think that she was just checking if the bag was really yours. If she suspected something, was only because of your reaction.

Most people don't think constantly about other people wearing women clothes. It's not part of their mindset.