PDA

View Full Version : Big News Regarding My Chest Surgery :)

SirTrey
08-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Big news on the chest surgery front....If I can get a letter tomorrow from My doctor approving Me for the chest surgery faxed to the surgeon (which My doctor knows about, he told Me to let him know when I needed it) and if the surgeon will accept bloodwork that I had done just a few weeks ago as recent enough...I can have My chest done on Sept. 16!! :) The reason for the rush is, the date opened up, but they need all of this 30 days prior to the surgery date, so that means it has to be there before August 16 (which is Sunday)....I am thinking that even if I get all of that to him on Monday, that will be close enough to hold the date...If not, though, he said we can push the date back a week or so if need be....He has a couple of slots he can fit Me into....but those fill up fast, so I really need to jump on this....It's amazing, you never know what a day will bring, do you? :D I've been busy working on all of this all day today and have just now had a moment to sit down and let you all know....The day My chest is done will be the greatest day of My life.....I can't believe that greatest day may be just a month away....Anyway, wanted to let My family and friends on here know....Will keep you posted....:hugs: **Trey**

Shikyo
08-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Can't say I'd be happy to get my breasts removed, but hey there's nothing wrong if it will make you happy! So congratulation! It must be a wonderful feeling of knowing that you will get something removed so soon. I can only imagine how that feels like as I'm not as far as to go to any surgeries yet.

*hugs* I hope you don't mind a hug. *giggles* Let's just say it's a good luck bringer hug, ne?

Aubrey Green
08-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Oh wow Trey! No time to sleep, Sept.16 is almost here. Good luck and congrats!! :thumbup:

Lorileah
08-14-2009, 12:20 AM
awesome Boss (sir...uh Mr Tamara...uh crap what should I call you? I guess Sir, sir) Good luck! :hugs:

DanielMacBride
08-14-2009, 02:49 AM
That is fantastic news, bro :D I will be celebrating for both of us tonight then! :D

NiCo
08-14-2009, 04:30 AM
Woo-f*cking-hooooo! Awesome news dad!

:D

Chuffed to bits for ya!

Sheila
08-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Trey, this is awesome news, will cross fingers and toes that Monday will still give u the Sept 16th date ............... (pround of you son :)) :hugs:

Alana65
08-14-2009, 06:24 AM
AWESOME, Trey !!!! :w00t:

I hope you can get everything all squared-away and be able to get the surgery done on the 16th. I wish you all the best. :hugs:

Thornton
08-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Man, we seem to really be having a happy surge around this forum...not that I'm complaining!

Dad's getting his man-boobs removed! :w00t:

Ze
08-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Dad's getting his man-boobs removed! :w00t:

We have such an odd family...:lol:

A huge amount of congrats, Trey! :hugs: This is absolutely freaking awesome news! (And since that's two days before my burfday, we can throw one huge party here!) :Party:

Sandra
08-14-2009, 09:17 AM
This is good news Trey.

SirTrey
08-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Update.....:) Talked to both doctor's offices....I have an appointment to see My doctor on Monday, he is going to do an EKG, chest x-ray, and bloodwork....Is going to send the medical clearance and results to the surgeon as soon as he gets it back (which will be wednesday at the latest)....The surgeon is satisfied with that....So Sept. 16 is ON!!!! :D

Shelly Preston
08-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Congratulations on getting a date for the surgery :)

Ze
08-14-2009, 12:51 PM
More yay! :banana:

Tamara Croft
08-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Well that's a date I won't forget, that was my great grans birthday, my name (middle name) sake :D Congrats on the fantastic new :w00t:

Sheila
08-14-2009, 02:52 PM
yeah :jumping: :yippee::yahoo::w00t:

SirTrey
08-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Okay, last update for now, LOL....Just got it all sorted out, realized that a couple of things are going on that made it necessary to change the date....My son is leaving for England now on Sept. 23 (he just booked his flight today), which means if I go away for ten days now, I won't see him off (he's going to school there, will be there for three years and I'm not sure how many times he will be able to come home to visit during that time)....So I changed the date to Oct. 13....and that is a definite date....Even made the hotel arragements already....:D So, until closer to leaving, there won't be any more updates....but it is all arranged....October 13th it is....Now I just have to wait for two more months....hopefully, it will go by quick....:doh: But knowing I am on the surgery schedule does help.

Tamara Croft
08-14-2009, 06:22 PM
LOL seriously? that's the day before my birthday :lol: awesome :p

So... are you going to visit him in the UK? cus guess who lives in the UK :battingeyelashes:

Ze
08-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Now I just have to wait for two more months....hopefully, it will go by quick....

I can help you pass the time! Look! Something shiny!

SirTrey
08-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Tam, I will visit him at some point in the UK, I'm sure....Just not sure when....He will be in school in London this time, last school was in Bristol...and it was only for one year....This time it's three years....one thing I do know is I won't go that long without seeing him....It's hard when your kid goes to school across the pond....**sigh** And I know who lives there....:) And I would love to meet up when I do come over....and will definitely go to Bristol to see Kieron, too...Some of My favorite people live in the UK....:hugs: Oh, and Ze, ooohhh shiney??? Where????? :D

Ze
08-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Some of My favorite people live in the UK....

*ahem* Yankie son within earshot here...:tongueout

SirTrey
08-14-2009, 08:28 PM
I said *some* of My favorite people....Not ALL.....:tongueout

Ze
08-14-2009, 08:31 PM
I said *some* of My favorite people....Not ALL.....:tongueout

Yeah yeah yeah. Backpedaling only makes it worse. :D

(Psst...if you meet up with some of them, take pictures, m'kay?)

SirTrey
08-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Not backpeddaling, dude....You definitely make the short list....And, yeah, when I do make My way back there, I will definitely take pictures....This will be My third trip across the pond....Last time, I was in Bristol for two weeks, came back to the States, and joined the board right after I got home...and met Kieron on here....LOL (Who lives in Bristol).....:eek: I said to him, "wow, I was just IN Bristol"....He said, "Bristol UK???" rather sacracstically....I said, duh, yeah, I needed My passport, so, I think it WAS the UK.....LOL

Ze
08-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Not backpeddaling, dude....You definitely make the short list....

Oh, so now we're moving into the passive aggressive jokes at Ze's expense, are we? (Yeah, I have nothing better to do right now than give you a hard time.) :hugs:

That's so cool that you've been to Europe! More than once! Tell me honestly: how cute are the boys there? :daydreaming:

SirTrey
08-14-2009, 08:43 PM
ROFL....No idea how cute the boys are, I was too busy looking at the girls....and those accents are VERY hard to resist, trust Me on that...There is a lot of eye candy on the tube....:D I don't really check out boys, so hard to say...You will have to go to Europe and judge that one for yourself....:tongueout

Ze
08-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Well if you're offering...:battingeyelashes:

(Nah, just kidding!)

SirTrey
08-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Seriously, if you ever get to go, it's great.....It's funny because Kieron loves the States and I love the UK....LOL He can't wait to come over here every chance he gets and I jump at the chance to go there whenever I can....I think, if we could, we would negotiate a trade....but immigration won't let us....:Angry3:

Ze
08-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Well that sucks. :(

Yeah, if I ever got the chance, I'd take a trip out there. :)

metalguy639
08-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Good news Trey glad to see you are getting your surgery!

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks, man....Yep, I'm pretty excited about it....:D

GypsyKaren
08-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Trey, I know how much this means to you and that makes me happy, but I will say that you've always been a "man's man" to me. :hugs:

LOL seriously? that's the day before my birthday :lol: awesome :p

If this isn't a shameless plug for presents, I don't know what is.

Karen :g2:

Felix
08-16-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm really happy for ya my friend, it's great news on ward and up ward hey :) xx Felix :hugs:

SirTrey
08-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Thank you....:hugs: I really, really appreciate the supportive words and want you all to know I appreciate My family on this board a lot:hugs:... Today, I begin the countdown, 58 days to go...and counting....Seems like a long time in one way, but I know it will probably go by faster than I think...It's a lot worse than waiting for Christmas when I was a little kid....This is something I have waited a long, long time for already....and it's going to change My life in ways that nothing ever has....What T has given Me, surgery will complete....To Me, this is the end of transition and the beginning of just a normal life, or as close to one as I will ever have....so, it's hard to wait....:doh:

Tamara Croft
08-16-2009, 09:56 PM
If this isn't a shameless plug for presents, I don't know what is.Awww c'mon... you gotta give me creds for trying :D besides.... he needs reminding it's his 'wifes' (news to me like) birthday... or else :gg:

Oh.. and the 13th is Margaret Thatchers birthday :raspp:

Sheila
08-27-2009, 03:33 AM
wow only 47 more days Son ........... Yeah !!!!!!!!!! :D

Ze
10-04-2009, 11:04 PM
*cough* Me thinks Oct 13th is looming in pretty darn fast, dontcha think? I'm all excited for you! :GD:

Sheila
10-05-2009, 01:31 AM
*cough* Me thinks Oct 13th is looming in pretty darn

8 days :Ze: and I am excited for Trey as well :)

SirTrey
10-05-2009, 02:51 AM
Hey everyone....Not going into a lot of detail, but I am having to reschedule/cancel the surgery for now....Thank you all for the good wishes, will let you know when it's on again. :hugs:

Shelly Preston
10-05-2009, 04:19 AM
Sorry to hear you have to delay the surgery

I hope you dont have to delay it too long :hugs:

DemonicDaughter
10-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh for the love of all things shiny!

Here I was ready to congratulate you, then say sorry it was postponed, then congratulate you again, and now we're back to the "sorry its been postponed"!

Make up my mind will you!

Anyhow...

Whenever you do, do I get to run my fingers down your manly chest? ;)

pamela_a
10-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Trey, I'm sorry about the reschedule again.

I hope the reason was nothing bad and you and family are ok. It will happen when it's supposed to happen so in the mean time hang in there.

-Pam-