PDA

View Full Version : w0000000t!!!!

DanielMacBride
08-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Cross-posted from my T-journal entry yesterday for those who don't have access to that part of the forum:

Time for a monumental update!!! I just got back today from my follow up appointment with the gender psych, and it went well...

I have now been given 'in principle' approval for my surgery!!!!!

What that means is that the pshrink is happy to give me the letters I need, and all I have to do is go back to my doctor and organise a hysto (yes, I know I'm doing it backwards, but I have no choice due to the financial situation), and then go back and see the pshrink to get the letters - so I should have a hysto by the end of the year

And, since I will have to wait for the chest surgery till I have managed to save up the required $6-8 thousand it will cost me out of pocket because it's not covered by any insurance here, it will be at least 12 months before I can do that, but he has said when I get close to the amount I need, come see him and he will give me the letter for that too BUT, that means I will have my chest surgery around the time I originally planned (my initial plan was 2yrs on T and THEN surgery, to allow the T time to work all its magic), and then there are no obstacles to having my gender legally changed because I will have had the hysto before that anyway So, it's all systems go!!!

w00t!!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Thornton
08-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Cue the Happy Dance Music: :yahoo::banana::belly::danceman::rave:

SirTrey
08-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Thornton cued the happy dance and I am busting out the BEER! What a week for us guys....WOW!! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Ze
08-14-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm starting to OD on happiness here! :heehee: Like Trey said, what a great week! It's weird how the good news seems to come in bunches here, isn't it?

Hooray for Dan! :hugs:

metalguy639
08-15-2009, 10:21 AM
Awesome news Daniel!

Jan W
08-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Great news Daniel, congratulations.

DanielMacBride
08-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks everyone - hi Jan, nice to see another Aussie :D

GypsyKaren
08-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Daniel, that is such good news, woo-hoo indeed!!!

Karen :g1:

DanielMacBride
08-16-2009, 05:33 AM
Thanks Karen, it's been a long time coming, but I am so glad that the wheels are finally in motion :D

Sheila
08-16-2009, 07:14 AM
good news Dan ........... you must be :jumping: :)

DanielMacBride
08-16-2009, 10:47 AM
LOL Sheila yes I am, I haven't stopped bouncing and grinning since I found out :D :D :D

Shelly Preston
08-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Congratulations on the good news :D

Felix
08-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Well Dan I'm really pleased and excited for you coz I know how this all feels :) Couldn't be happier for you mate really :):) xx Felix :hugs:

DanielMacBride
08-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks Shelly, I'm SO excited :D :D :D

Thanks Felix, I'm really stoked because of the way the system works here and the stupid psych, so I'm happy that I have been approved this quickly (as I was not expecting to be approved for at least another year or two, knowing this particular pshrink and after the way he has stuffed me around so far).

Now I just need to up my work hours a bit and convince some more girls to buy corsets LOL so that I can fund my chest surgery - $6-8k is a BIG ask to raise in the next 12 months when thats about half my annual income and I have 3 kids to support, but I am telling myself it's totally do-able and I just have to work my butt off because I WANT this :D

Felix
08-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Well Dan ya sound so positive Hun (excuse me but I always use this term when being supportive :) ) I think you are extremely capable of putting ya mind to this venture and achieving ya goal as I know how much you want this like all us trans boys on here :)

I may have some intresting news later this week that I will be putting on the board so stay tuned :) I'm still waiting to hear about funding so fingers crossed. I'm pleased that stupid psych hasn't got in ya way over this like he has done in the past :) Take cares and kep us posted xx Felix :hugs: