PDA

View Full Version : Yep, I broke it

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Was walking into the bathroom last night....Somehow I managed to hit My foot into the side of the doorframe and snapped My toe....I knew instantly that I had broken it because it was sticking out to the side...Doctor said it was a clean, complete break....Now I'm on Vicodin, toe is taped to the next one, have to lean on crutches to walk, and can't wear shoes....How stupid is that??? :doh:

Shikyo
08-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Auts...that sound really painful. I truly hope it isn't as painful at it sounds. *looks at her toes* They kinda hurt now after reading what happened to you.

I hope you will be able walk soon again, nyaa. I can only imagine the pain combined with the inability of being able to walk normally. *hugs* Hopefully this makes you feel at least little better.

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Awwww, thanks, sweetie.....:hugs: And, yeah, it actually IS as painful as it sounds....LOL And the top and side of My foot are turning blue with bruising....I feel like an idiot, still trying to figure out how I even did that....I had knee surgery in January and, believe it or not, this actually hurts worse than that did....:eek:

Di
08-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Ouch :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::h ugs:
Sorry:sad:

Ze
08-15-2009, 09:40 AM
How stupid is that??? :doh:

Papa, you're talking to somebody that runs into doors for a living. :hugs: Did they say how long it'll take before it's healed (estimated)? I hope the Vicodin is doing its job for you. I've never taken it personally, but I know it works cumulatively.

But look on the bright side! We can have more fun with you now! :D

You can't run after us with the belt...

We'll put your booze on the roof so you can't get it...

You can sit down and be with us on the forum more...:hugs:

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks, Di....:hugs: Thanks, Ze....:hugs: Yeah, I will be here more, probably, now that it hurts to even get up to go to the bathroom....I doubt I will be going much of anywhere, at least for the next week or so....as to healing, the standard 4-6 weeks, it was the whole bone that broke (across the whole toe and where it connects to the side of the foot)....Oh, and two things....1) I can still get you with the belt, if I tell you to come here, you HAVE to...and 2) Alcohol is good for pain....:D

Lisa Golightly
08-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwww *hugs* xxxxxxxxxxxx

deja true
08-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Yikes! I did that last year with the little one...

Stickin'out sideways like that it looked like a chimp foot! Ewww!

Yup! No shoes for a couple of days.

:( Sorry 'bout dat!

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Yep, it's the little one that I broke, too....And, thanks, ladies, for the sympathy....That's the only reason a guy even bothers to get hurt....just so girls will say "awwwww" and feel all sorry for you.....:love::hugs:

Ze
08-15-2009, 10:00 AM
it was the whole bone that broke (across the whole toe and where it connects to the side of the foot)....

Eep! :eek: Poor Trey. I really do hope you feel better. :hugs:

I can still get you with the belt, if I tell you to come here, you HAVE to...

You think so, eh? :D

Alana65
08-15-2009, 10:00 AM
My sincerest wishes for a speedy recovery, Trey. I've never broken a toe, but I have broken a collarbone & a couple ribs before. If your toe feels anything like those, I REALLY feel for you. :bighug:

btw......I hope this didn't dampen your "high" from yesterday's scheduling of your surgery ?

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Nah, Alana.....Hasn't dampened My surgery enthusiasm at all....It hurts, yeah, but it's just a toe....I don't think there is anything that will put a damper on that....I've waited a long time for that chest surgery...and the toe will be fine by surgery time....so no problem....Oh, and Ze...if I tell you to come here, you will because you know I won't be laid up for long....:D

Alaceann
08-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Been there done that more than once so don't feel to bad about yourself.:o

Shikyo
08-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Yep, it's the little one that I broke, too....And, thanks, ladies, for the sympathy....That's the only reason a guy even bothers to get hurt....just so girls will say "awwwww" and feel all sorry for you.....:love::hugs:

I never thought about it like that....I'll take my words back!

Just kidding, but there is some truth in your words. *hugs* You're too cute not to feel sorry for you. *hugs again and again*

Just remembered how it felt when I hit my toenail hard enough that it started moving when I was playing some volleyball with friends, that hurt like hell. And that was probably nothing compared to what you're going through.

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm cute?? Wow....Okay, this was totally worth it just to get the compliment and the hugs.....:hugs:

Shikyo
08-15-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm cute?? Wow....Okay, this was totally worth it just to get the compliment and the hugs.....:hugs:

I see, I see. Now you're playing the "I don't know what she's talking about" trick. *giggles* But yes, you're cute, nyaa...*hugs him again*

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 10:34 AM
LOL....It's not a trick....:eek: Oh, and those hugs are definitely helping....Is hurting less already....:D

Shikyo
08-15-2009, 10:39 AM
LOL....It's not a trick....:eek: Oh, and those hugs are definitely helping....Is hurting less already....:D

Guys always say that...*giggles* But I guess they're just too embarrassed to admit they're cute.

They are? Then more to come...*hugs and kisses on SirTreys cheeks* Just don't my wife about the kisses, nyaa. Feeling better again?

EDIT: Oo...the kitten brought up your cuteness by a lot!

Ze
08-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Hot damn! I've gotta take more notes on your tactics, Trey!

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 10:41 AM
I actually AM feeling better....and I promise not to tell....I never kiss and tell (or, in this case, HUG and tell)......:D

Shikyo
08-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Hot damn! I've gotta take more notes on your tactics, Trey!

Ze, don't worry. You're cute too. *hugs Ze*

I actually AM feeling better....and I promise not to tell....I never kiss and tell (or, in this case, HUG and tell)......:D

I'm glad you're feeling much better already.

See it wasn't that bad to hurt your toe, was it?

Ze
08-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Ze, don't worry. You're cute too. *hugs Ze*

Yay! Cute by association! :GD:

Edit: I'd give you a kiss to make you feel better, too, Trey, but I think you'll just be all, "Ew! Get off me, you midget!"

Shikyo
08-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Yay! Cute by association! :GD:

Edit: I'd give you a kiss to make you feel better, too, Trey, but I think you'll just be all, "Ew! Get off me, you midget!"

*blushes a little* Actually no, I always thought you were cute. *giggles*

Ze
08-15-2009, 10:48 AM
*blushes a little* Actually no, I always thought you were cute. *giggles*

*swoons* You know just how to make a guy feel good about himself. :D :hugs:

Shikyo
08-15-2009, 10:50 AM
*swoons* You know just how to make a guy feel good about himself. :D :hugs:

It's not my fault if telling the truth has an effect like this...*purrs and rolls around the floor*

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah, she sure does, doesn't she, Ze? :) Number one girl skill...inflating a guy's ego...A girl who can do that will ALWAYS have admirers....:love:

Ze
08-15-2009, 10:54 AM
It's not my fault if telling the truth has an effect like this...*purrs and rolls around the floor*

*falls over* It's so mean to be a tease...

(How am I doing so far, Trey? :heehee: )

A girl who can do that will ALWAYS have admirers...

Got that right! :D

Shikyo
08-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah, she sure does, doesn't she, Ze? :) Number one girl skill...inflating a guy's ego...A girl who can do that will ALWAYS have admirers....:love:

Hmm...maybe it's something inside my brain that does it, as I'm not doing anything. I swear by my little kitty heart!

By the way, how's your toe? Still feeling pain there?

*falls over* It's so mean to be a tease...

But but...I'm bot being tease, am I? *looks at Ze with her innocent little kitty eyes*

Ze
08-15-2009, 11:01 AM
But but...I'm bot being tease, am I? *looks at Ze with her innocent little kitty eyes*

Ack! :hypnotized: Can't...look...away...

jennCD
08-15-2009, 11:02 AM
I did that plenty of times as a teen, dude... can't say I ever considered it stupid tho, I was simply extremely clumsy.

:)
jenn

Shikyo
08-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Ack! :hypnotized: Can't...look...away...

Good, good....*purrs against his legs*

Ze
08-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Good, good....*purrs against his legs*

Have...sudden urge to...buy...milk and...catnip...!

Lorileah
08-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Pssst Trey, no beer with that medication. You will start to act like that horse always gorked in the yard. Besides you can't go pee very well remember?

Hope you feel better soon, maybe get one of those funny combat sandals is a week or so.

I'd hold Ze down but last time i tried that he bit me :)

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Wow, this thread alone was worth the pain....God, I love it when a lady purrs.....:D:love: (and rolling around on the floor? yeah....that's good, too) :daydreaming:

Lorileah
08-15-2009, 11:20 AM
You guys! Sheesh! I thought all it took was a short enough skirt and thong panties to get Ze's attention. I didn't know I had to stroke his ego too. Maybe I should be jealous

Shikyo
08-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Wow, this thread alone was worth the pain....God, I love it when a lady purrs.....:D:love: (and rolling around on the floor? yeah....that's good, too) :daydreaming:

*is shocked* You still remember the pain? I thought I managed to draw the attention out of it.

Hmm...don't know anything about purring ladies, but I know something about purring kitty. *purrs* I'm a kitty, you know....And as a kitty, you gotta love purring around when you roll on the floor...*jumps on SirTrey's lap and purrs*

You guys! Sheesh! I thought all it took was a short enough skirt and thong panties to get Ze's attention. I didn't know I had to stroke his ego too. Maybe I should be jealous

Wait...I think there's a upskirt picture of me somewhere...*goes looking around* Though it's not in thong panties.

No need to be jealous, though. I'm a married kitty, you know.

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Okay, the pain is DEFINITELY gone now....Kitty on My lap is just what I needed to make it all better....:) I actually forgot I even HAVE a broken toe....:thumbsup: Oh, one more thing about last night....They put the paper bracelet on you (and I am going to KEEP Mine)....As I was laying there waiting for him to set the toe, I looked at it (I was bored)....and next to My name it said M NON....That means Male, Non-Organ Donor....:D Even though the lady saw My ID when I checked in, she never looked at the F on My license apparently...She just marked what she saw....:) That also made it worth the trip to the ER.

Shikyo
08-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Okay, the pain is DEFINITELY gone now....Kitty on My lap is just what I needed to make it all better....:) I actually forgot I even HAVE a broken toe....:thumbsup: Oh, one more thing about last night....They put the paper bracelet on you (and I am going to KEEP Mine)....As I was laying there waiting for him to set the toe, I looked at it (I was bored)....and next to My name it said M NON....That means Male, Non-Organ Donor....:D Even though the lady saw My ID when I checked in, she never looked at the F on My license apparently...She just marked what she saw....:) That also made it worth the trip to the ER.

One can find something nice even in the worst possible event, nyaa.I'm also glad that your pain is finally gone...*still on his lap purring*

Ze
08-15-2009, 12:01 PM

Better late than never, Miss Maid. :battingeyelashes:

I'd hold Ze down but last time i tried that he bit me :)

:devil:

*jumps on SirTrey's lap and purrs*

Why do I get the feeling Trey's going to, like, explode soon? :lol:

and next to My name it said M NON....That means Male, Non-Organ Donor....:D Even though the lady saw My ID when I checked in, she never looked at the F on My license apparently...She just marked what she saw....:) That also made it worth the trip to the ER.

That is soooooo cool! Of course, I'm not surprised in the least. I mean it when I say you're 100% passable in your pictures. :) Yeah, if you don't keep that bracelet, I'll go after you with the belt!

GypsyKaren
08-15-2009, 02:10 PM
I think both you and me should start wearing Stay Puft Marshmallow Man costumes, we've more than proved to anyone's satisfaction that we're both klutzes...BTW, I'm now enjoying a Belgian Pale White Ale with my Vicodins, a truly superior combination.

Karen :g1:

SirTrey
08-15-2009, 05:10 PM
LOL....Just woke up from a three hour "pain pill coma".....I like your idea for the Staypuff costumes...Will cushion and protect us....AND....It will be just the ticket when we get the munchies...oh, wait, it's not Vicodin that GIVES you the munchies....:D Never mind. Think I will have some Bud Light and Vicodin tonight when I watch the Browns game, though....:thumbsup::hugs:

MJ
08-15-2009, 06:02 PM
get well soon bro . Bud Light and Vicodin ... have fun :D

Noxvictum
08-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Learned from my parents that it's not even worth the trip to a doctor for a broken toe. There are dumber injuries. Got a nifty scar across the back of my right hand because I lost my temper and punched a concrete slab. I forget I'm no fighter, so I threw the punch wrong. The plus side is I did it so fast I didn't feel a thing. Setting it however stung. Good times. Mom still makes fun of me for it, as do the rest of the witnesses...

Tamara Croft
08-16-2009, 07:51 AM
See this is what happens when you drink wayyyyyyy too much... I did warn you and don't think me or the kids are gonna wait on you hand and foot (lol).. :raspp:

Sheila
08-16-2009, 08:21 AM

Fights my way in with beer and Sympathy for my son ....(through all the adoring females come to stroke his fevered brow)...... and hands Lori a very skimpy[-] naughty[/-] Nurses outfit :) and whip to control the remaining females surrounding my adored son :hugs: (Lori if you manage to get Tamara (the DIL) a few times there be a case or two of wine in it for you) :heehee::heehee:

SirTrey
08-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Isn't that why we have a maid?? (And even if you and the kids don't, I bet Mom does).......At least someone in this house cares!!!! :tongueout:D
<<SEE, had to edit because Mom is already on the job....This is why Moms are easier to get along with than wives!!>>

Ze
08-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Whocaresaboutwhatnow?

Sorry, I've been distracted by ladies. :daydreaming:

Gee, Papa, when'd you do that to your toe? :eek: :heehee:

Lorileah
08-16-2009, 10:50 AM
hands Lori a very skimpy[-] naughty[/-] Nurses outfit :) and whip to control the remaining females surrounding my adored son :hugs: ](Lori if you manage to get Tamara (the DIL) a few times there be a case or two of wine in it for you) :heehee::heehee:

I am not very adept at wielding a whip (stifles laugh) so accidents can happen.

Ze how do you like what what your gramma brought me? (twirls and almost falls over)

Ze
08-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Ze how do you like what what your gramma brought me? (twirls and almost falls over)

Gramma's the best! A horse and a lady in a naughty nurse's outfit? :hypnotized:

Felix
08-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Sorry to hear this dude hope it gets sorted soon xx Felix :hugs:

Tamara Croft
08-16-2009, 09:54 PM
This is why Moms are easier to get along with than wives!!>>Uhm... we're married now? wow... that's news to me... was I drunk or something? :lol:

Lorileah
08-16-2009, 11:22 PM
OMG you had 3 boys out of wedlock?

Yay! Tamara!!!!!!

Sheila
08-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Uhm... we're married now? wow... that's news to me... was I drunk or something? :lol:

well that be your normal state yes/[-]no [/-] ........... okay dokey ..... I now goes into :hiding:

SirTrey
08-17-2009, 01:15 AM
LOL....No, Tam, you weren't drunk....but I was.....:tongueout:D:drink::drink::drink:

Tamara Croft
08-17-2009, 10:51 AM
LOL....No, Tam, you weren't drunk....but I was.....:tongueout:D:drink::drink::drink:That was mean :slap:

NiCo
08-17-2009, 11:02 AM
*cringes*

oh...my...god...no!

Agony! :(

SirTrey
08-17-2009, 11:03 AM
I was teasing....LOL I could never be mean to you.....:koc::rose2::yrtw:

amanda w
08-17-2009, 12:26 PM
I hope you have panted your toes so everyone can see them and not hurt them more

Carole Cross
08-17-2009, 12:36 PM
I thought this thread was about Trey's broken toe, not about how cute the guys were.

Back on topic, hope it's not too painful Trey and it heals OK. :hugs:

Tamara Croft
08-17-2009, 12:56 PM
I hope you have panted your toes so everyone can see them and not hurt them moreWhy would Trey paint his toe nails? :strugglin

And yes, back on topic 'mom'... how is the toe today??

SirTrey
08-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Yeah....Hell would freeze over solid and Trey STILL wouldn't paint his toe nails....LOL As to how it is today, it's not hurting as much as it was, and I can walk on it a lot better....It has to stay taped for weeks and I still can't put a shoe on that foot, but I hope to be able to soon....He said I can wear a shoe as long as soon as it stops hurting to do so.....which, I hope is soon....because the blue velcro shoe they gave Me is not something I am particularly fond of wearing.....:thumbsdn::drink::drink::drink:

Kieron Andrew
08-17-2009, 03:07 PM
because the blue velcro shoe they gave Me is not something I am particularly fond of wearing.....:thumbsdn::drink::drink::drink:

ruining the image is it dude?:heehee:

Moe GG
08-18-2009, 08:00 AM
It's too bad I can't say something insensitive and a bit misplaced like..
Take it like a man. :tongueout

Tamara Croft
08-18-2009, 08:06 AM
It's too bad I can't say something insensitive and a bit misplaced like..
Take it like a man. :tongueoutOh I'm sure you can say that.. besides, he is a man so he can just suck it up and take it :lol: although, men do tend to take their woes totally over the top... I'm sure Trey is doing the woe is me I'm dying act lol :violin:

.... right now, the :hiding: smilie would go up... so not doing it :raspp:

Moe GG
08-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Better pray he doesn't catch the flu!

SirTrey
08-18-2009, 08:30 AM
LOL.....Funny you should bring that up (the whining) because I actually have not been whining....until today....For whatever reason, it started hurting like hell this morning, so I looked at it....and realized that the majority of the top and side of My foot is really bruised....and the toe itself is, too...and really swollen...The bruising extends from the side of My foot all the way almost to the big toe in one direction and halfway up My foot toward My ankle in the other direction....what the hell?? It's a freaking toe....granted, he said it was a complete break, which is apparently a bad one (??), but geez....it's still a toe.....I'm getting pissed now. I wanted to go swimming today....:Angry3:

Saika
08-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Ouchies Trey :eek:

Sheila
08-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Runs in ................. well as fast as my aging arthritic body and bad eyesight will let me to hug my poor son & give him a case of specially [-]brewed [/-]prepared medicine ............. hope it feels better tomorrow son ......... and I am sure Tamara is much more sympathetic than she is appearing to be to you ............. it's the worry about you that is making her appear a tad harsh and uncaring ............. truly I have seen her in the corner shoulders hunched and shaking :straightface:

SirTrey
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm sure you're right, Mom.....I thought I saw her peek in on Me once, but I wasn't sure if it was a hallucination.....Thank you for the medicine and your kind loving care....Don't know what I would do without you....I would hug you if I had the strength....**sigh** :hugs::love:

Sheila
08-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm sure you're right, Mom.....I thought I saw her peek in on Me once, but I wasn't sure if it was a hallucination.....Thank you for the medicine and your kind loving care....Don't know what I would do without you....I would hug you if I had the strength....**sigh** :hugs::love:

such a wonderful son :).......... gently strokes his brow, places carrot cake and Medicine within arms reach for when he awakens .. to help him regain his strength :) ............ ***GLARES*** at nursing staff salivating at goodies :D:D ........... hope your feeling better today son :hugs:

SirTrey
08-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Waking up....wincing as I roll over and see the goodies left for Me by My mom......thinking....what a wonderful woman.....just the kind you want to marry....oh, but I did get married....and I haven't seen her for DAYS!! **sigh** :drink::drink::drink: <<munching on the carrot cake....SO good>> :D

Sheila
08-21-2009, 05:03 AM
how's the foot son ................ nursing staff doing their job okay? ........... need any more medicine ;)

SirTrey
08-21-2009, 05:17 AM
It's getting better, Mom...The physical therapy is helping a LOT....I think I should continue it even after My toe heals....:D Just woke up with one hell of a sore throat, though....I hope I didn't catch anything from any of the "therapists".....:eek: :drink::drink::drink:

Lorileah
08-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Hmmm. Your toe is about 5'7" from your throat. The therapist is working on your toe....How could that cause a sore throat? Should I be concerned about how contagious this is?

Ze
08-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Dangit, Papa, you gotta teach me how to convince a therapist (or "therapist" :heehee: ) to go for your mouth instead of your toe. That's some extreme skill there! :eek:

Lorileah
08-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Actually I am concerned now that Trey has Athlete's tongue

SirTrey
08-21-2009, 12:22 PM
LOL....No, that's not it, it's not Athelete's Tongue...I suspect it's a virus that has been flying through My house that has thusfar avoided everyone but Me....woke up about five thirty this morning, felt like I had swallowed battery acid...In My throat, in My chest.....Just glad I am getting all of this out of the way before I get My chest done....What a month it's been so far....along with the crap going on with My daughter....oye.....Not a good day, guys....Good thing I have therapists.....:D :drink::drink::drink:

Sheila
08-28-2009, 05:18 PM
okay, time for a health update Son, u got a big date comming up soon and we need you fit and well for it :):hugs:

SirTrey
08-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Okay, update....I keep re-breaking the toe....Problem with a complete break like this is....they can only tape it, but tape doesn't really hold it....so, you can be doing something like going up or down steps, etc., and if you hit it just right, it snaps again, you get a sharp burning pain....it swells and bruises again....I assume it will eventually heal....The flu thing, still have a residual cough, but it's a lot better....Thank you so much for asking, Mom....Yet another reason I love you.....:love: And, I will be perfectly fine when the time for the surgery comes, broken toe or not....I don't really care one way or the other about that....It's only pain...and pain is relative. :hugs:

Sheila
08-28-2009, 06:22 PM
It's only pain...and pain is relative. :hugs:

but it hurts :cry: ................. mind they do say alchohol is good for pain relief :D :drink::drink::drink:

SirTrey
08-28-2009, 06:23 PM
It IS....I have been making sure to take My medicine as often as I need it (which is often)....So you can be proud of Me for trying very hard to take good care of My health.....:D :drink::drink::drink: