PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes kids are funny

Sally2005
08-16-2009, 01:07 AM
When yoou least expect it... We were eating dinner. My wife and 5 year old were girl talking. I was tuned out... they said something about girl guides and does she want her friend to go with her next year and her friends mommy will have to go too and maybe my wife could be a leader...because daddys can't. Then I hear from my kid, but daddy could get some balloons...and put them here (each hand covers each side of her chest area)...but then he needs a wig too! hahahaha ...all this from my daughter. My wife starts encouraging her and I'm just shaking my head. Oh boy! They have no idea...

now I just wonder what the kids joke about when I'm not around. I don't think I want to know...

Shari
08-16-2009, 06:36 AM
I take it that you're not out to anybody and that would explain your reaction to the conversation.
Because you do dress and nobody knows, those types of comments seem amplified and we tend to read into them much more than they are meant to be.
It's happened to me and I'm sure it's happened to most everybody here. Don't worry yourself over it.

Teri Jean
08-16-2009, 06:44 AM
Kids have a way of putting things in the simplest terms and do not see the problem. During last years Halloween I dressed as a wench and a young girl, 5-6yrs, asked if I was a girl that night. I said yes and she smiled and said okay. I wouldn't worry but then if the wife desides to dress you......................................have fun,(-:

Teri

Sally2005
08-17-2009, 12:14 AM
No worries, I comfortable with who I am even though I'm not officially out to anyone (mostly to avoid social issues with others who probably would not understand) and I can enjoy their joking around. Just thought it was funny out of the blue how she described it and it was the kids idea...and she really got a kick out if it.