PDA

View Full Version : In addition to being a lady!

Emme
08-17-2009, 12:03 PM
THIS IS FOR FUN ONLY: in addition to being a lady!

I wonder how many of us have any of the following traits or like the same things as I am about to list:

1: Love electric trains as a kid and even now.
Especially like live steam model trains.

2: Enjoy Ham radio operating.

3: Crazy about boats, both sail and power boats.

4. Wanted a pilots license.

5: Worked hard bought plane and became a pilot. (took me 20 years but I did it!)

6: Enjoy model building, boats cars and planes.

7: Radio Control for models.

8: Really enjoy camping, winter in cold weather in tents. Summer in A camper with the AC going.

9: Have a never give up attitude. Went much farther in school than predicted.

10: I hope you get the idea. I’ll bet we a very similar group.

11: Can't own enough womens shoes!

12: Like to ride motorcycles

13: Please add to the list

Kathi Lake
08-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Hmmmm, I guess there's always one in a bunch that is the outcast. That'd be me.

#1 through #6 - no.

#7 Yes. Still do a bit of it.

#8 I hate camping. Unless by "camping" you mean "a hotel off the beaten path with substandard room service." :)

#9 was the opposite with me. Had an IQ off the charts, but just didn't care too much about school. I finally ended up with just a couple of Bachelor's degrees.

On the rest, I can own enough women's shoes. It depends on which outfits I want to match. I have done it backwards at times though, and found a cute pair of shoes and then had to find an outfit to match. I did own a motorcycle - at least until I married a nurse. :)

Kathi

TGMarla
08-17-2009, 12:16 PM
I like model railroading, too. I don't have an active setup, but I plan to put one together one day, and I still have all the trains from my teen years. Like my wardrobe, it's vintage stuff.

I also like golfing, motorcycle riding, football, baseball, and lots of other "guy" stuff.

And the shoes....well, you're right on about that.

TJ Tresa
08-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Let me see, I am guilty of 1,3,4,6,7,8(but not in the cold), 9(I can do anything I set my mind to do), 12(I own and ride a full dressed Yamaha),
14: Belong to an all male orginization.
15: Hunting and fishing - mostly fishing as I am not very good at hunting, LOL
16: water sking, tennis, and golf

That is my list

Emme
08-17-2009, 12:29 PM
The list was not intended to mean we do ALL those thing.

But when I stop by a radio control field or happen to go to a Ham Fest........I often wonder how many of my sisters are there Too!

JUST FOR FUN!

JoAnne Wheeler
08-17-2009, 12:43 PM
A) also enjoy model trains - have a huge collection of trains in the closet next to JoAnne's clothes - would love to get them out and run them if I had a place to do so - our house is not set up for trains - but I still love them
B) collect tractors, farm impliments, skid steers, etc - operate them on our land for fun and necessity
C) collect women's shoes; dresses; wigs; makeup, lingerie; jewelry; other clothing (hey, they are my mine - not womens - I'm the woman !!!)
D) read -> a lot - mainly theology
E) read and look at women's clothing catalogs - love that
F) love cars & trucks - Mustangs & Ford trucks - never had a Mustang, but have always wanted one - now I don't know if I can bend over far enough to get in and out of one
G) love to build, repair and create things with my hands - love to do intricate work - can modify pierced earrings to clip on and other such things - am really good with small tools
H) digital photography
I) Main activity is collecting JoAnne's wardrobe !!!

JoAnne Wheeler

Persephone
08-17-2009, 03:03 PM

Some of this is really fascinating! And it does seem to add some interesting information to the crossdressing "profile." Still, I wonder how many of these, such as hunting and car collecting, are merely common activities rather than part of a cluster that might, or might not, be related to crossdressing.

But . . . while more men than women practice some of the things on this list, there are women who do all of these things as well as "bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan," so I wonder if some of this is really "in addition to being a lady."

I wonder how many of us have any of the following traits or like the same things as I am about to list:

Did as a kid, not really involved now.

Absolutely! Attended the Southwest Division Convention & Hamfest this past weekend. (Anyone want to Elmer me through getting my D-Star up and running?)

Nope, not really. In the past few years have developed a fascination with navigation and navigation history, but not crazy about actually being on boats.

Yep! Definitely! Just about the only "life goal" left from high school that I didn't make.

5: Worked hard bought plane and became a pilot. (took me 20 years but I did it!)

Congratulations! I never made it.

Used to, have other similar interests now.

Interested, never really did much.

8: Really enjoy camping, winter in cold weather in tents. Summer in A camper with the AC going.

Love camping, hiking, and backpacking, along with any kind of "road trip." Not too big on cold weather camping, but have enjoyed it on ocassion.

While it isn't exactly what you're asking, like Kathy, blessed with "off the charts" I.Q. (3-4 sd's above the mean, depending upon the test). Went "all the way" with academia, even spending some time as a university faculty member.

It does look that way sometimes, but the "why" still seems elusive.

Yes! Yes! Yes! And it is true of many, many GG's too.

Nope, not me!

13: Please add to the list.

Guns and ammo! Sporting clays, targeting, collecting. Anyone else?

Yep!

15: Hunting and fishing - mostly fishing as I am not very good at hunting, LOL

Not really active.

Nope.

B) collect tractors, farm impliments, skid steers, etc - operate them on our land for fun and necessity

Interesting! Farm equipment and tractors may not be a common factor among CD's, but maybe collecting is? I, for one, tend to be a "packrat" and compulsive enough to need "sets" of stuff - so I don't just have a 4x5 Speed Graphic, I also have the 3¼x4¼ and the 2¼x3¼.

How many of us are collectors of one sort or another?

C) collect women's shoes; dresses; wigs; makeup, lingerie; jewelry; other clothing (hey, they are my mine - not womens - I'm the woman !!!)

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Wow! Interesting! I too read theology, along with philosophy and politics.

Others with these passions?

Used to, until I discovered stores!

F) love cars & trucks - Mustangs & Ford trucks - never had a Mustang, but have always wanted one - now I don't know if I can bend over far enough to get in and out of one

Not one of my stronger passions.

G) love to build, repair and create things with my hands - love to do intricate work - can modify pierced earrings to clip on and other such things - am really good with small tools

Yes! Yes! Yes!

H) digital photography

Do a lot, but only because film is getting harder and harder to find/use. :sad:

Well, I will be glad to come by and collect JoAnne's wardrobe if she doesn't want it anymore, but mostly collect and wear my own!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kathi Lake
08-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Ouch. What I threw out flippantly sounded kind of arrogant, I'm afraid (the "off the charts" comment." Sorry). :)

Kathi

Persephone
08-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Ouch. What I threw out flippantly sounded kind of arrogant, I'm afraid (the "off the charts" comment." Sorry). :)

Kathi

Absolutely sorry if I inadvertently handed you that "ouch," but why feel defensive? There is nothing wrong with excelling at something or other. People take pride in their sports prowess or their cooking or whatever.

Emme
08-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Don't feel bad, my oldest daughter was Off the charts.
She told me one day after winning a national science contest. "I am GD tired of being smart"
Her little sister had to work for grades and will soon take over my practice!

I think you may have been bored with school. Shuould have worn heels to class.LOL Please I am joking Smile Smile

Kathi Lake
08-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Well, as Emme's daughter would probably agree, being different - especially for being smart - makes you a target. Other kids seem to think that you think and act like you're smarter than them. To my knowledge, I didn't. Still although I was picked on for being feminine, I was picked on much more for being smart. Looking back on it though, I think it helped me. I learned early in life that other people would have very non-complimentary opinions of me. I learned to ignore those mouth-breathers. Now, when I go out dressed, I simply don't notice any negative attention as my early life has trained me to do.

By the way, I did wear heels to school one day - and a bikini. In junior high we had a "slave" day. I was purchased by three girls who really did a number on me. Sigh. Fun times. :)

Kathi

RADER
08-17-2009, 03:39 PM
On the list:
I built 2 large model train sets for others, One was over 1800 square feet.
All in "O" Gage, yes, the man was worth a lot of money and had about
one Million in Lionel train gear.
Other was much smaller in HO gage.
Always wanted to build one for myself: but no time or space to do it justice.
Have Cabnit shop in basement; With ALL the toys.
Always like to dress up with a Levi skirt and go down and "play"
My son is an Comercial Airline Pilot. So I leve the flying to the experts.
Now hat I am retired,(stair builder) I Can not find any free time to do all
the things I wanted to do when I was working:daydreaming:
I still like to "dress for bed" :) Rader.
Almost forgot; I have built several boats out of wood of corse
One sail, two run-a-bouts, one dingy, one hydro-plane.
Love sailing.

Persephone
08-17-2009, 03:39 PM
although I was picked on for being feminine, I was picked on much more for being smart. Looking back on it though, I think it helped me. I learned early in life that other people would have very non-complimentary opinions of me. I learned to ignore those mouth-breathers. Now, when I go out dressed, I simply don't notice any negative attention as my early life has trained me to do.

Agree! And, frankly, when I go back for occassional reunions and the like I'm always secretly pleased to find that, in the end, I seem to have had a great deal more of the "last laugh" than "they" ever did.

By the way, I did wear heels to school one day - and a bikini. In junior high we had a "slave" day. I was purchased by three girls who really did a number on me. Sigh. Fun times. :)

Kathi

I think you can easily add "courage" to your outstanding traits! There was never a way I would have had that degree of self-confidence.

Emme
08-17-2009, 05:45 PM
I still like to "dress for bed" :) Rader.

I dress for bed even if we have company. They don't come into our room and I have yet to meet anyone on the way to the toilet. So considering I am femme 9 hrs asleep and 5 hrs at home I am doing pretty good. My number 8's are sure a good snuggle.

SandyR
08-17-2009, 06:00 PM
I love and still build model RC Boats/Cars/Planes and now Helicopters. Camping is our love (Wifey who supports Sandy) along with the lake and a good Jet Ski run.

Plus:

1). can't stand my legs getting hairy

2). Love the look of nice painted toes peaking though the bubbles in a tub....

3). Oh and love working out with the guys at the gym....then a beer after.

Fun Thread!

Thanks for starting it!

Frédérique
08-17-2009, 09:02 PM

I had some when I was a boy, but I discovered girls one day. :daydreaming:
No, but radio telescopes (and space/time in general) fascinate me.
I get sea-sick very easily.
Again, I’d get dizzy – many video games make me dizzy. I’m a tender petal…
5: Worked hard bought plane and became a pilot.
I’m still interested in WWII aviation, mainly in the “what were they thinking” area…
See above.
No. See “I discovered girls one day” above…
8: Really enjoy camping, winter in cold weather in tents.
No. I like really nice hotel and motel rooms, thank you.
9: Have a never give up attitude.
It takes intelligence to be a cross-dresser, transvestite, or whatever definition you go by, wouldn't you say?
But, it couldn’t be more diverse, darling…
Well, I don’t need too many, do I? I have enough…
No. I hate noise and the noisy men that accompany it. CO, anyone?
13: Please add to the list.
I’ll think about it, but thanks for the list. I like filling out lists…

My list...

No. I don’t like the company of men (except here, silly!).
15: Hunting and fishing
No. I empathize with all animals, since I happen to be one myself.
No. See “I don’t like the company of men” above…

My list...

I read something very similar – science fiction. :heehee:
Yes. Always have, and continue to do so.
I love my Jeep, but I’m not a 4WD enthusiast – see “Like to ride motorcycles” above…
I do very intricate artwork, using two sets of magnifying glasses and very small brushes.
H) digital photography
Yes. (I love film, too, Persephone, but it’s time to join the party, dear…)
Freddy has a nice closet of goodies, expanding like a small universe.

Kimmie
08-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Com'on admit it. You are Todd Palin aren't you?

Andrea_1948
08-17-2009, 11:51 PM
These are a few of the things I love:
1. I love taking care of my pets - two alpaca, one llama, six donkeys, two sheep (one named Marley 'cause he's got dredlocks!), four dogs, a horse three cows and a bull that always wants to race me to the fence - fortunately I've always won... so far :) .
2. Occasional rehab of injured and abused horses
3. Sailing - Got invited to crew on a 65' sloop for the Trans-pac when I was 18, but Vietnam got in the way - drafted instead, dammit.
4. Fishing on the Columbia River and Dungeness crabbing on the Pacific.
5. Camping just about anywhere.
6. Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the high Sierra's.
7. Crossdressing - as far back as my memory goes.

My family says that since I've turned 60 I have to slow down a bit. Someday, maybe.

Kathi - I've never considered myself to be a particularly bright person and at times in my life have struggled with seemingly simple things, but I very much admire people who are intellectual. I don't find you arogant, I learn from people like you!

Kathi Lake
08-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Well thanks! Usually, my natural clumsiness more than makes up for any arrogance. It's pretty hard to look and act arrogant when you're picking bits of asphalt out of your knees or wiping the dip off of your hand after accidentally thrusting it into the bowl. :)

Kathi

docrobbysherry
08-18-2009, 12:20 AM

No Trains! But, when a kid, built many free flight planes, boats, and cars, from scratch!

No. But got HEAVILY into SKYPE 3 years ago!

Sail boats? TOO SLOW! Love FAST boats!:devil:

No.

Not anymore! Now, my "craft" projects involve masks, silicone suits, and modifying/repairing outfits for Sherry!:D

8: Really enjoy camping, winter in cold weather in tents.
Summer in A camper with the AC going.
Used to be a big camper. Then, my kids got too old for it.

Yes.

YES!:heehee:

Used to. Plan to again!:thumbsup:

13: Please add to the list

14: Not good at taking, or giving orders!:Angry3:
Better at getting out of the way!

15: Independent thinker. Like doing things my own way.:brolleyes:

16: Often seem to NOT care what others think of me!:tongueout

17: Wonder why I'm SO compelled to CD? As I do not have a addictive nature!:straightface:

jaleecd
08-18-2009, 01:50 AM
Some of my excessive interests were
Hand loading and developing hot handgun loads for long range shooting, (up to 200 meters with open sighted pistols) IHMSA . 10 inch and 14 inch barrels, w/7mm bullets.
building and racing minisprint race cars, powered by 1000 cc. motorcycle engines.
worked on both the Titan 1 and 2 missles. Site activation teams.
Loved and followed Americas cup and Unlimited hydroplane boat racing.
Ialso play at golf(under dress, but still use the white tees) hee hee.

I have over 100 schools and seminars, that were necessary for my work over the years, though I just barely got out of hi school .
Sounds like a brag session on my part, but I have had a very interesting 72 years, and am still discouvering about me. I am almost getting to place where I almost like me..lol:love:

shannonFL
08-18-2009, 06:11 AM
Ok, model building, r/c planes, boats...especially fast sailboats...used to race catamarans....professional pilot...owned and restored aircraft....love flying sailplanes....thanks for sharing !

Kristen-Gaye
08-18-2009, 06:49 AM
I built model planes, badly!
I have car licence!:straightface:
I've been in a plane!:battingeyelashes:
I camped through New Zealand 25 yrs ago. My back is still recovering!:sad:
I was the quintessential underachiever at school!:doh:
But I would like more shoes!:heehee:

Oh, & I don't take things too seriously these days.:)

DonnaG
08-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Way to many RC planes. N to G gauge trains. Flew gliders untill the eyes
got old. Flying field in the back yard but too many neighbors to fly in a skirt. Sold my 27' SF when I moved to NC. And I still have that VW project car...