PDA

View Full Version : other side

slamddoger
08-17-2009, 02:04 PM
how do you feel when your female side come out . and when you go back to your male side. do /?

Kathi Lake
08-17-2009, 02:29 PM
When my female side, such as it is, comes out, I feel normal. I do get a bit bummed when I have to put "Kathi" back in the box. I feel sad because I can't dress when and where I would like. There are times when I feel that I would like to dress feminine more often, but social stigma kind of puts a damper on that.

That's my answer to your question, as much of it as I understood.

Kathi

Granny Gray
08-17-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm an "old hand", so I've long ago resolved most issues which bother so many others, in that I have come to KNOW I am the SAME PERSON regardless of how I'm dressed or naked. I dress 24-7 with but occasional reversions for the benefit of family comfort. On those occasions, though I'd much prefer dressing in a skirt etc. I am just ME. I long ago gave up social pretenses, stereotype images, and trying to please others, though I do behave as pleasing to my family as I can. To answer your question directly: Two words: NO DIFFERENT.
Outward appearance is immaterial to my inner comfort with who, how, and what I am. I dress, as I said, 24-7 to please ME because I like it. I like being treated as a lady at the bank, at stores, at the auto shop, wherever in the normal course of daily life I happen to need to go... In some cases it's a real advantage too. My code: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. " (A quote from FDR in WWII) I'm "Granny Gray"

Jennifer N J
08-22-2009, 10:44 PM
I believe that both sides are part of me all of the time. I do like to dress, but because of my work I find it difficult to do it as often as I would like. I do live a male life but my female side does come out at times. My few friends make little jokes about how I may phrase something unconciously. I don't have problems hugging someone male or female if the need is there, especially if the person is hurting about something. I have been a little more on the sensitive side that most expect from a male. But that doesnt bother me, as Granny Gray said I too believe it is a gift, I love that part of me.

Christa001
08-22-2009, 11:15 PM
I feel that when I am dressed that that is how its supposed to be.When I am dressed, that is the real me...When I go back to drab,it is very depressing,as hiding who I am is like living in a box.

Cheshire Gummi
08-22-2009, 11:18 PM
There is no he and she. They are "both" me and there isn't two of them. She's me right here and now. The mask I wear when I pretend for the rest of the world, if you absolutely must, could potentially be described as "him," but that is just a construct and a protection protocol to keep the field level.

They're both just boring old me, nothing more romantic. When I'm being honest, I'm happier. When I'm lying, I feel like a part of me is suffocating. However, I don't want those states to become different personae. I couldn't live with that. That would just mean that the schism between who I am and who I want to be is complete and that bigotry made me cozy in the corner it wedged me into. That won't happen.

You want a her, you're talking to her. You want a him, that's me too. You want to see my on/off switches, I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for something like that.

Joanne f
08-23-2009, 04:35 AM
Within myself i have no two sides , i am just me but like everyone else i will act slightly different depending on how i am dressed or what i am doing .

JiveTurkeyOnRye
08-23-2009, 09:27 AM
I have to agree with the others in this thread who say they don't have an "other side" when dressed. I'm really Ryan regardless of if I have a wig on. The only changes to my personality when dressed are on the same level as one behaving differently when at work as opposed to out with friends or something.

I think allowing your female persona to be treated as a different person, always referring to her in the third person and acting like you stop being yourself and become her when you dress is a road to psychological upheaval, and also, in some cases I think some girls do it to justify their behavior when dressed if it is less than ladylike, like "Oh that wasn't me, that was <girl name>"

TxCassie
08-23-2009, 11:38 AM
I can understand a gurl having a time between the two sides of her personality. However, I think over time, we learn to merge and co-mingle and find that we are really the same person, maybe different verisons of the same person, if you will.

I have often been told by more than a few men that I hold a woman's point of view, and that's when I was in boy mode. When I'm dressed, I may be a bit more soft, a lot more comfortable, and relaxed. when I put my clothes away, I am sad to a degree, but I now know, it won't be long till I'm back in them.

I enjoy being male in a sense, but I adore being transgender and having my feminine side be so prominent in me. While I do tire at times having to have my masculine side "on" most of the time, especially in public, I can't say the same for my feminine side. But then again, I've never have gone en femme for a long period of time.

I am a person who dislikes excess of anything and need balance in my life. I think this is one of the reason I found to myself open to dressing but also allowing myself to be the man I need to be as well.

Cassie