PDA

View Full Version : First email from colleague

Nicole_P
08-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Well, the letter went out, and everyone got it today. I just got my first reply- I work with some amazing people!

Hi Nicole,
I just want to let you know that I, for one applaud you and your strength. You have always been a thoughtful, inquisitive and caring person. I know that people will be thoughtful, caring and likely curious about your life's path but I'll bet they will all admire your courage, and support you, like I do. You have my total support (not like you need it, but just so you know!)
You're one person I've felt totally comfortable with talking about less 'traditional' things in this incredible world! I haven't taken that lightly!
All the Best,
Lynn

LisaM
08-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Nicole,

That letter is a wonderful testimonial to you as a person---Congrats!

Mariah
08-19-2009, 12:58 PM
yay!

Carole Cross
08-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Congrats Nicole, I hope every one of your colleauges is as accepting. :hugs:

Margot
08-19-2009, 03:17 PM
An incredible note to you. I'm sure your life is going to flower even further with people as supportive as that.
:hugs:
Margot

Sheila
08-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Nicole, that is a fantastic start ............. I hope you get many more replies like that :hugs:

pamela_a
08-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Nicole, This is a great start and I'm sure you will find there are more people out there supporting you than you could have imagined.

You go girl.

-Pam-

Nicole_P
08-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks Gals! I still have a week and a half to go, but the stomach is starting to churn a little~ It is wonderful to know that I have the support of all of you along with the hopefuls at work. Lynn is very special- we'll see if there are more- I hope so!

Nicole

Saika
08-19-2009, 08:50 PM
That is a lovely email to receive :)

Nicole_P
08-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Hey Gals-

Well, I just got an email from the local newspaper, and they want an interview- :eek: I guess I could have guessed as much, but I don't think I'm ready for that one- Stay tuned for updates...

Nicole

SirTrey
08-20-2009, 09:26 AM
If you do decide to do the interview, it is a rare and golden opportunity to educate some people about transsexuals....We are a very misunderstood group of people and when we do get the chance to set the record straight, it helps us advance as a group...but, only if you are ready for it....and if you're not, there is nothing wrong with that....We each deal with our own transitions our own way, and to go public like that is not for everyone, that's for sure....Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck...and congratulations on getting a good reaction to your news....:thumbsup: **Trey**

joanlynn28
08-20-2009, 03:26 PM
That is so nice Nicole about having a coworker emailing you there support. It reminds me of my first day back to work when I officially announced my transition. Sure there was a lot of negative feedback about it but also found out that I had friends at work I didn't realized I had. The women in the recieving inspection department all signed a card congradulating me on my courage to transition. I still have that card and am going to charess it for the rest of my days.

Teri Jean
08-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Nicole, congratulations and I hope you do the interview. If you do make sure they let you read it before release, in do that it will give you a last time look to be sure that the information is correct. The reporter will understand as this is a subject that is not reported on and they to will want it to be correct.

What ever your next step is have fun and be careful.

Huggs Teri

sherri52
08-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Nicole great beggining. I hope the others are even half as good

Nicole_P
08-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Hello everyone~

I got a call from the HR person yesterday saying she wants to meet again with the principal and me today to work out a 'game plan' for students and parents. I'll let you know more after the meeting, but the other thing she said was that she had already received an email from one of the parents in the district. The email said that secrets are hard to keep in that little community and that the 'word was out' about the transitioning teacher. What she went on to say much to the surprise of the HR person, was 'kuddos' to the district and the principal for having the courage to take the step with me that they did, and that she for one was fully supportive of their decision! :eek: Needless to say, it took her totally by surprise, and even said she started crying after she read it! So, I guess there are definitely people out there who care. I'll keep you posted on any future emails and such~ people can truly amaze you at times...

Nicole