PDA

View Full Version : About Your SO

BarbaraAnn
08-18-2009, 10:13 PM
For those of you that have SO that accept you and do things with you do you find they are the feminine type or are they tomboys. As most of you know my wife semi-accepts my being a girl but wants nothing to do with being feminine she is without a doubt a very big tomboy and dresses in nothing but men's T-shirts and woman blue jeans. She wears the same pair of shoes for days on end and uses no make-up at all. She wears nothing but socks never ever nylons or anything feminine.

Rachel Morley
08-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Well since you ask, my wife is not a tomboy type. (see my profile pic and albums) In fact, she's told me that she's thinks she's become even more girly since I started dressing and we started going out. Anyway, I'd still love her just as much no matter how she wants to dress .... rather like she thinks of me, I guess. :)

Hope
08-19-2009, 12:29 AM
My wife is as femme as can be (rarely goes out in pants, or flats) she is the epitome of what many here mock as "fake" femme.

She is also the biggest misogynist I have ever met. It's pretty funny actually. I try not to spend too much time trying to figure it out.

Cathytg
08-19-2009, 01:04 AM
My wife is completely feminine. She can do stuff that men do, but she is always a lady all the time. That's quite a talent and I admire her just as I love her.

Kerigirl2009
08-19-2009, 01:11 AM
My wife is definately not a tomboy, however she does prefer to wear slacks instead of skirts, and rarely wears dresses. More for me I guess. But I love her anyways, Thats the way love is suppose to work. Since I told her though she has been wearing more jewelry and we have gone shopping more together.

Sheila
08-19-2009, 03:13 AM
As most of you know my wife semi-accepts my being a girl but wants nothing to do with being feminine she is without a doubt a very big tomboy and dresses in nothing but men's T-shirts and woman blue jeans. She wears the same pair of shoes for days on end and uses no make-up at all. She wears nothing but socks never ever nylons or anything feminine.

Sweetie firstly congrats to your wife for being able to accept you for who you are, especially as you feel compelled to to be-cry her right to be who she is and her wish to express herself in any type of clothing she chooses ........ just does seem a bit ironic though.

Secondly hun ............ I and (I am sure your wife does) dress to please me and for my comfort level ........... guess we are lucky cos at the end of the day we are as feminine as we can be thanks to nature.

Thirdly She wears nothing but socks never ever nylons or anything feminine.

thirdly I am as feminine in the clothes god gave me on the day I was born, wearing heels and chatting at a party, or in jeans and t-shirt deep in the depths of a car engine , we (all) carry our masculinity and femininity deep within us, using either/both as circumatances dictate usually totally unaware of using either :):hugs:

Cheshire Gummi
08-19-2009, 03:24 AM
If you squeezed all the gender out of the two of us, you'd have -

130% female

50% male

19% androgyne

That last 1% is none of your business. Doesn't exist. What're you lookin' at? Get lost.

Stitch
08-19-2009, 09:27 AM
That was a great post Sheila. I'm another accepting SO and I wear whatever I feel like. I wear my clothes to express myself, the same way everyone else here does. My boyfriend who presents as a Gothic lady, expresses herself in the same manner, by choosing clothes that make her feel like her. I'd never ask her to change herself, and I know she feels exactly the same way about me.

I don't understand why people make it seem like being a Tom Boy is a bad thing. It doesn't mean that the women is unkept or not fun. When Tom Boys are mentioned here it makes me wonder exactly what it means. Is it a women who wears more trousers than skirts? Perhaps a women who has more "stereotypical Masculine" hobbies? Or is it the look that middle aged women seem to get once they have had children and their lives become so busy and overwhelmed?

I consider myself a Tomboy, but since I'm unsure of whatever one considers to be the true definition I'm sure others would disagree with me. For a start I really hate clothes shopping (STOP THE PRESSES! GET YER PITCH FORK) I find wondering around clothes stores to be mind numming as there is rarely anything in stock that takes my fancy.
I wear a lot of trousers, (they look fantastic on me as they hug my bottom and hips) and I really love Boyshort panties (which are extremly comfortable on wide hips) I have a lot of male hobbies, and most of my friends are male. I also can't walk in heels over 2 Inches.

Does it mean I look bad? No, I put a lot of care into my appearance. I take amazing care of my hair, always wear jewellery, make sure I'm always wearing vibrant colours. There are also days on end where I go without make up. I was blessed with clear skin and a cute face. So I don't need it all the time. I hate to think that I was worth less as a women if I don't wear it.

I'm currently wearing jeans, a pink tank top which I've customised by sewing on some stuff I made. Bright stripy socks, 7 rings, my earrings, a bangle and a handmade rainbow necklace and I feel fabulous, because this is me.

Do I have skirts and dresses? Yes and I enjoy wearing them occasionally, but trousers suit me far much more.

BarbaraAnn
08-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Please understand all of you I am not condemning my wife for being a tomboy and not wearing feminine things. What I was trying to get across was do you think that woman who are more into being feminine are more accepting of our crossdressing then those that prefer to be more of a tomboy image. I do not condemn anyone in anyway with what they want to wear or dress in. My wife has no interest in clothes or shoes what so ever so she finds it hard to understand why they are so important to me. That is all I was trying to get across.

Karen Born
08-19-2009, 12:32 PM
My wife, if anything, tries to keep both of us as feminine as possible. She commented that I have prettier undies than she does, so I told her to go and get what she wanted to remedy the situation. I'm so very fortunate that I have her for my life partner.

Mandyflcd
08-19-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't think a woman being feminine or masculine has anything to do with how they would accept a persons cross-dressing. It's like trying to figure out how the weight of an orange affects its color. There is no way to infer how a person is going to accept cross-dressing based on the type of clothes they wear (unless of course it is a fellow cross-dresser :D).

Now I think that you could include clothing preference in a much much much larger inference model that would predict how that person is going to accept it... but that inference model would be huge and would span everything from religion, what their parents were like, morals, and so on... basically way too in-depth for the value that it would hold. :)

kasha
08-19-2009, 02:20 PM
My girl has a masters in International Relations with in emphasis in Transnational and national feminism. She puts together furniture and lifts weights a few times a week. She also cooks tasty healthy meals, cleans and decorates our home, puts on make up everyday, wears skirts and pants, taught me make up and helps me shop. So is she a tomboy or feminine . . . neither she's simply an amazing woman.

5150 Girl
08-19-2009, 07:38 PM
My SO grew up bailing hay and breaking horses. I guess it would be fair to say she used to be a tomboy. Most of the time thease days she goes arround in sweat apnts and a wife beater. How ever, when the opritunity presents it's self, she does like to put on the dog, and dress up real nice.

AmandaM
08-19-2009, 09:41 PM
My wife is a former cheerleader, gymnast, track, etc. so she goes both ways I think.

mklinden2010
08-19-2009, 11:48 PM
My four SOs, over the past 35 years, only have me in common.

They've been tall, short, tom boy, girly, clothes crazy, clothes bored... You name it.

There has been no string of girly-girls or Tom Boys or anything... Random, except for their interest in me.

Which, I can tell you, seems like a great thing to me!

cocopuff's girl GG
08-20-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm not a Tom-boy and not super girly. I mostly wear jeans and blouse. I avoid heels when I can cause they hurt. I hate having to wear a bra all the time. I can't wait to get mine off and he can't wait to get his on..LOL Go figure, huh?? I wear mak-up most of the time but the last few days have been so humid here I say what's the use it just's gonna melt off. I love, love jewelry and shoes and handbags, that's my weakness. he hates handbags and don't like any jewerly. I can't understand but I don't question cause that means I get more.LOL:love:

Ballerina
08-20-2009, 03:09 AM
My GF is mainly tomboy, lol. She has few skirts, little make-up, and is generally never in the mood to be even a bit dressy, lol. But, she doesn't go as far as wearing any mens clothing, and she loves heeled boots. Actually, I think she more fits in the "farmgirl" category, lol.

urmilaaa2008
08-20-2009, 07:24 AM
My wife is a very femenine Typical South Idian woman. I have suggested quite a few times for her to wear men's dresses like pants and T shirts, which is quite common now a days, even in traditional indian homes, of course for younger girls. she has not accepted and prefers the Indian saree.
As for as behaviour is considered, she is too soft and I wish sometimes, that she can be little more agressive or little dominant. I do Love her as she is now and she is the loveliest person for me

Danielle Gee
08-20-2009, 04:28 PM
She has very little interest in "girlie" clothes........Knit shorts and top in the summer...Levi's and sweaters in the winter.

I only have one word for her unmentionables BOOOOOOOOOOORING. She has been wearing more long dresses this summer, So maybe I'm influencing her just a bit???:hugs:

flickr_addict
08-20-2009, 08:05 PM
definitely feminine

Jocelyn Quivers
08-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Very feminine and very classy. :)

Crysten
08-21-2009, 09:22 PM
My SO - well, I firmly believe (she is the youngest of four sisters) that she was supposed to be the BOY in the family. Hence, she was sort of raised as such. Mostly stayed around her father, didn't get on with her mother or sisters AT ALL. Likes to play sports, work in the yard, etc. So not only is she a "tomboy" at heart, she really isn't comfortable in her femininity, even a little. Any occasion that she TRIES to dress it up she generally considers to be a failure, and she has NO taste in clothes, shoes, or anything like that.

I've asked her several times if she wished she was male. She denies this, but who knows. She likes to clothes shop - as long as she's getting jeans, t-shirts, and tennis shoes. Go figure.

Joan Merrie
08-21-2009, 09:37 PM
First I have to ask, What does cloths, have to do with being feminine, or not. Tam is like me, We get dressed up when we have to. Other wise we're in shorts and tees.
By the way she is feminine, and tomboyish, same as me. so we just complement each other.:hugs::love:

Amy Lynn3
08-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Stitch, I don't care what one might call you or you call yourself, I think you are a top drawer kind of lady. :love:

Samantha Kelsey
08-22-2009, 02:14 AM
My SO Katy is very feminine. She always looks very elegant really classy, even when she just wakes up.

Olivia
08-22-2009, 09:51 AM
My wife isn't a tomboy, nor is she a "glam-doll". She likes to be comfortable, but she rarely leaves home without being made-up. Our dressing styles at home are quite similar. The one big difference is in lingerie; I've told her that I wouldn't be caught dead in her's, lol. Did someone say 'boring'? Sheesh, that, and ugly too! :) But, her love and acceptance is so beautiful.
Olivia

DemonicDaughter
08-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Define "tomboy". Is it just clothing? Because I'm described as "gothic" some days because of my clothing. Other days I'm called a "hippy". Are either of those "tomboyish"?

If I wear jeans with an uber feminine top, does that make me half crossdressing? Half tomboy?

If I wear a man's shirt but a skirt, am I being masculine or feminine? Or just confused?

What if I wear heels with my jeans and tee-shirt?

Or what if I don't have on ANY shoes with my skirt?! :eek:

How does my attire change who I am? On days I need to get dirty and am not going to ruin an evening gown just so someone doesn't mistake me for being masculine, am I suddenly manly just because I have jeans on?

Are you more accepting of your wife because you are a crossdresser? Do you accept someone being a bitch because you are more "feminine"?

Or is it simply that an individual, having their own experiences in life, come to their own individual conclusions not based on JUST their personality "type", nor attire, nor history, nor environment, nor culture, nor religion, nor any one single factor BUT ALL OF THEM?!

Reading these threads trying to pinpoint a single factor in someone accepting or not is ridiculous. I like Mandyflcd's answer with the weight of an orange determining its shade. Could a woman's level of "tomboyness" be a factor in her acceptance level? Sure but perhaps only for her or only on a minute scale.

I think we'd need a much larger scope than whether or not I, as an accepting GG, wears makeup every day or not.

JenetGG
08-29-2009, 09:32 AM
My dressing spans the spectrum from boyish to girlish. One of the most fun things over the last 2 yrs of being with my sweetie is that I have gotten even more feminine than ever. I am getting compliments from my friends that my style has improved immensely. Little do they know.....hehehe

Samantha43
08-29-2009, 10:30 PM
She's a girly girl.