PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Room Experience

lingerieLiz
08-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Today I had a meeting in town so I wore my women’s jeans and a guy’s Hawaiian shirt. I decided that I needed a couple of new women’s tops so I decided to hit a couple of discount stores afterwards. I used a restroom and slipped on a bra and forms so I definitely had projections.

The first one had a few tops that would be OK, but nothing to die for. Checked out the lingerie and not much there, but chose 4 bras that I wanted to try on and didn't need. As I was walking over to the fitting rooms they had a waiting line and the check-out line was worse so I chucked the cart and went to the other store in the same complex. I hate lines anywhere!

At the second store I found two tops that I really liked and 3 bras. One was a WonderBra another was a Felina and the last one was from Bali. So I headed to the fitting room to try everything on. As I walked in no one was visible so I just walked into the men’s side. Then an older woman attendant appeared and told me that I had to check in. That was fine with me and we walked out so I could set everything on the rack and she could count the items.

As she was counting them she grabs the bras and moves them to the other rack and hands me a ticket for 2 items. She then tells me that the bras will be waiting for when I’m finished. I looked at her and said I was going to try them on to see if they fit. She apologized and said she thought that I was holding them for someone. Anyway she handed them back to me saying sorry and giving me a ticket for 5 items.

One top fit and the WonderBra fit which surprised me as in the past they tend to be tight in the band. I was really disappointed in the Felina’s fit and decided to skip the Bali. So I go back up front and hand her the items that I didn’t want. She then grabs the two items to make sure they have price tags and hands them back to me and says have a great day. It was.

I’ve tried women’s clothes and lingerie on in both of these stores in the past. In the first one the fitting room attendant and I had a discussion about a bra that I told her was not marked for size correctly after I tried it on. She said, “Are you sure?” I told her I had one just like it in the same size different color at home. I’ve worn it a few times so the band is not stretched and this one I can’t hook the band.

docrobbysherry
08-18-2009, 11:15 PM
U neglected to mention what city all of the "trying on" occurred in.

I'm certainly curious, if no one else is!:)

lingerieLiz
08-18-2009, 11:38 PM
It doesn't really matter, I've tried on clothes and lingerie in Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Phoenix and about everyother city I've been in.

dawnmarrie1961
08-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Liz, you just ran into the problem that most women encounter when buying a bra. The size never seems to match the bra. That's why we always, always, always tak them in and try them on first. which you were smart enough to do. Kudos to you!

The only prolem I've ever had was when the attendant insists that I use the woman's fitting room.I've got no business in there. That's when I'll have them call up the manager. That usually takes care of it! I've never been acused of being meek!

Be safe. Be smart

Dawn Marrie