PDA

View Full Version : Positive coming out stories

vanphair
08-19-2009, 09:49 AM
I've read some of the posts on coming out, and I would love to see a collection of experiences on people who came out with positive results. It is comforting and empowering to hear stories about wives, girlfriends, moms or sisters where the response was not only "not negative" but was positive and supportive. I've read a few stories about moms/wives who took sons lingerie and dress shopping or provided them with items, and would love to hear a lot more. And I wish I had a good story to tell, but not yet!

Gabrielle Hermosa
08-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Coming out to my wife was a difficult thing to do, and something I took great care in doing right. I actually came out to her over the course of a year (2008) - slow and steady, painting more of the picture a little at a time. An in-depth account of coming out to my wife (http://www.mycdlife.com/2009/03/how-i-came-out-to-my-wife) is documented in the link.

In our case, it strengthened the marriage and opened up new doors. We've got our share of marital problems, don't get me wrong, but crossdressing is not one of them. It is something we've been able to share together and really enjoy. My wife has been very supportive with everything - from helping me shop for clothes and makeup, to simply being there for me, loving me, and enjoying the man (and t-girl) that she married - no matter what my gender expression.

Not all women/wives will enjoy being with a crossdresser, and that is to be expected. Different strokes. I'm very happy that things turned out well for me and my wife. It could have gone terribly wrong as it does for so many others.