PDA

View Full Version : Heels to the Wind

Magickman
08-20-2009, 11:41 AM
It was like this,

After nearly a week up at the cabin, shoveling dirt, digging out rocks, and doing landscaping work, I was back in town.

Yesterday, then, came time for grocery shopping and a haircut.

Naturally, after getting a cut and style, I had to venture out in the wind and rain. There were tornadic storms jumping around town, though luckily the tornados skirted my area, but there I was, heels to the wind, in the storm. It wasn't really so bad. The wind did not blew me over, nor pick me up and toss me in the air.

Out in the thunderstorm I was, in 4" heels and a denim skirt! The emergency sirens were blaring a warning to take cover. It was a briefly frightening moment.

What would you do, if a sudden and unexpected weather emergency found you out in public in a skirt and high heels?

Would you dash for the safety of home, or would you join the huddled masses in a public shelter?

Mandyflcd
08-20-2009, 12:07 PM
For me it would depend on the severity of the wx event. I'd avoid the shelter if possible but then I would avoid it even in guy mode so my answer really isn't based on being dressed at all. As it is I tend to chase significant wx with my camera so that is probably what I'd be doing. :)

5150 Girl
08-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Yea, me to. when I was in TV news, I was the best storm chaser my station has ever seen! (or likely ever will see again)
But seriously I think it would be best to seek shelter. If you get read have a sence of humor about it and all should be fine.
It beats risking your life to a tornado!

Sondra Rhonda
08-20-2009, 12:31 PM
LOL, If it was bad and I felt in danger I would head for cover no matter where it was or who was there. Best to be dressed and safe than dead and dressed. Someone is going to find you out no matter what happens. :)

AllieSF
08-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Anything near tornado winds should be taken very seriously. A my daughter's friend and her husband got caught in a mini-twister in Minnesota a couple of days after her wedding and before her honeymoon. Both were lifted off the ground and slammed back down. The wife was lifted up again and ended up with some severe broken bones, thus canceling her honeymoon. My vote is head to the shelter sooner rather than later and grin and bear it while there.

erickka
08-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Living in Tn., and with the tornadic destruction that has occured the last couple of years, my reply is a no-brainer...Run for cover and hit the deck!!
To hell with what anyone else thinks.

sherri52
08-21-2009, 07:00 AM
I would head home. Doesn't matter if your dresses or not. You can't beat the comforts of home, You don't have any comforts in a shelter