PDA

View Full Version : shyness is passing fast

Ruby M
07-17-2005, 07:44 AM
I used to go and buy things saying that they were for my wife not now. I shop where I want to when dressed but do whisper never a problem.

MAC cosmetics have just opened a store nearby its really upmarket with fantastic ranges and diplays. I was after this metallic eye shadow, a young female asked if I needed help? Note I was not dressed, just in my male work clothes. She showed me some and I bought it at the checkout they had ads for makeovers and make up instruction. So I was upfront and said "Are you CD friendly here?" Reply CD? I told her what CD meant. she then replied here regardless of race, color, preferences, gender etc we are friendly to all.And you are most welcome to come for a session and dont worry our facilities are most private.

I wil try them soon.

But 4 months ago, I would never been able to talk openly like that.

Stephanie Mancini
07-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Same over here Ruby, Mac are very cd friendly all you need do is ask, we also have quite a few guys here who work the cosmetic counters and they are better makeup artists than the girls

Steph

tifftg
07-17-2005, 01:22 PM
I have shopped at probably a dozen or so MAC stores and department store counters in at least a half dozen cities. They are wonderfully helpful, some are more knowledgeable then others. I stay in touch with a couple of the girls who have helped me and make sure I go back to them when I travel to their city. A couple of my favorites are in chicago although I recently met this wonderful saleswoman in Washington. So much help and advice. On a recent trip to Chicago, I sat in the chair as she tried different things. Since I wasn't in my hometown and no one knew I didn't care what people thought and it was just heavenly. I bought some new lipstick, blusher and eye shadow but after trying each item. I was in drab (ok more androgynous-turtle neck, femme pants, but no makeup or wig). Girls go to MAC you will love it.

Tiff