PDA

View Full Version : Firsts

delwyn
08-21-2009, 04:33 PM
This summer has been interesting. After twenty-eight years of marriage I told my wife of my desire to wear women's clothes. I had dressed secretly through my teen years but stopped when I entered college. While the desire never really went away, I suppressed it for fear of being caught. When I told my wife of my interest in cross-dressing, she was surprised, hurt and shocked. We've been working through the issues, and are at the stage of grudging tolerance.

I think I have been making up for lost time. I've been shopping -- in drab -- and have put together a couple of outfits. I generally have told the SA's that I'm buying a gift, but in a couple of instances have confessed that the clothes were for me. The SA's at Coldwater Creek and Catherine's in Rockford, IL have been terrific. I traveled to Transformations in Arlington Heights and bought a wig. Olivia made me feel very comfortable and helped me get started on my new journey.

I was off work this week and decided to take things a step further. I called Natural Beauty Salon in Dubuque and scheduled a manicure with Meldi and had her do my makeup. I went en femme, stopped to get gas on the way over and walked about a block to get to the studio's front door. The experience was overwhelming, and I look forward to going back.

Throwing caution to the winds, I stopped at a convenience store on the way home and went in to get a cup of coffee. The clerk took my money, made change, and commented on the weather without a second look. It was very satisfying.

It's been an interesting start to what a hope is a rewarding journey. Next step--shopping en femme. I hope I can work up the courage.

Shelly Preston
08-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi and welcome

I am happy for you that you can make such plans :)

You do seem to be moving along very quickly considering your wife only found out in the summer

I think you may want to slow down a little
Your wife however accepting she is will still need time to adjust to this new discovery :hugs:

sissystephanie
08-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Delwyn, you are on your way now!! Kind of exciting, isn't it?

It is too bad you didn't tell your wife early on in your marriage. I told my late wife even before we were married, and we enjoyed 49+ years not only as husband and wife but also as two girl friends. Yes, she was totally supportive. In fact, she arranged things so that we wore matching silk lingerie to our wedding!:)

Just take it slow with your wife, and don't push her to let you do things she is not comfortable with.

Good Luck!!

BTW, I love Coldwater Creek, Catherine's, and any ladies store! I almost always shop dressed, but I do not wear a wig or makeup. My late wife used to help with that, and I am not at all good at it. So I just go our as a guy in skirt! No one seems to care, and I know I don 't!

Sally1979ct
08-21-2009, 05:01 PM
The future is ahead now and im sure you will have a fantasic time shopping , I love shopping ,

Sally

Sandra
08-21-2009, 05:24 PM
You do seem to be moving along very quickly considering your wife only found out in the summer

Your wife however accepting she is will still need time to adjust to this new discovery :hugs:

Totally agree Shelly. :)

Have you thought about how your wife feels at the speed that you are going?
It could take months or even years for her to become really acepting of your dressing and you going this quick isn't going to help her.

Sheila
08-21-2009, 05:28 PM

I have to agree with Shelly and Sandra here

We do have a GG only section of the forum called FAB, where your wife if she would like can come and chat with us GG's ........... if she chooses to join the forum she can follow the link in Sandra's sig to discover how to apply to join FAB :)

Marcia Blue
08-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Hello Delwyn, Making up for lost time seems to suit you. Enjoy the adventure but, be aware of the "Pink Fog". I hope you can work things out with your Wife.

tinkerbell74
08-21-2009, 05:43 PM
kudors to you for telling your wife, but i'm wondering have you and your wife talked in detail. You seem (and you have reason to be) happy with this new freedom but is it scaring your wife is it too much too fast for her? You've been dealing with this for years but she hasnt. Now is the time for open minded discussions.:2c: