PDA

View Full Version : Asking a GG where she got her nails done

Hinata
08-21-2009, 11:06 PM
So, today I saw the most beautifully done finger nails on a GG, and I wanted to say so to her. My question is this, would it come across as weird, or strange? The thing is I would like to have nails like hers, although it would have to be on my toes. They had a white background with what looked like cherry tree limbs with blossoms. ( Japanese fan, can't be helped :D)

I would be oh so grateful for any comments helping with this. :love:

sissystephanie
08-21-2009, 11:33 PM
You could tell her that her nails were beautiful (all women like compliments, even CD's) and that you would like to tell your girl friend where to get them done like that! Since I do get my own nails (fingers and toes) done professionally, I can tell you that getting artwork like that is expensive! I have had it done a few times, but it costs too much to do every time.

Since I go out as a guy in a skirt, I would just tell the lady I wanted to get a design like that on my nails. But not everyone will do that!

Nicole Erin
08-21-2009, 11:55 PM
It is not uncommon to ask someone where they got or did something, as part of a compliment.

Only later would the thought of "why did they ask?" even cross their mind and that would be but for a second.

Just don't be like, "Uhh, my girlfriend wants..." cause that is a dead giveaway that it is for you.

Diane Smith
08-22-2009, 02:33 AM
Both men and women ask me all the time where I get my nails done. I think most of them don't really care about the specific answer, but it's a polite way to initiate conversation about my (long for a guy, acrylic-covered) nails. I suspect a woman with nice nails has already heard the question before from both genders, and wouldn't think there was anything unusual in your asking, as long as you're polite about it and seem genuinely interested.

- Diane

LizCD
08-22-2009, 06:10 AM
One think I have never been backward in coming forward when it come to telling GG's that they have nice nails or asking them were they got them done or if they did them themselvfs i've even been know to ask if their toes matched their fingers after all it's the only way you are going to find out these things

BeckiB
08-22-2009, 09:15 AM
I always compliment someone that look nice. One I appreciate the effort that they took and I think it is important to let them know that someone is noticing. get a thank you and a smile.

Jamie001
08-24-2009, 06:06 PM
I agree with sissy. That is exactly what I do since I am usually wearing open-toe sandals with bright red toenails, I just tell her that I get pedicures and was wondering where she got the beautiful nails design. I have done this several times and in all cases had a really good conversation about nails with the women that I approached. It really best if you have your finger to toe nails polished and exposed when you approached the women about their manicure/pedicure. This will allow them to accept you rather than thinking that you are some kind of pervert. Forget about asking for your girlfriend as it will not work.

You could tell her that her nails were beautiful (all women like compliments, even CD's) and that you would like to tell your girl friend where to get them done like that! Since I do get my own nails (fingers and toes) done professionally, I can tell you that getting artwork like that is expensive! I have had it done a few times, but it costs too much to do every time.

Since I go out as a guy in a skirt, I would just tell the lady I wanted to get a design like that on my nails. But not everyone will do that!

Ras
08-24-2009, 09:22 PM
go ahead and ask away..let her decide if they are for you or not. You never know if she will ask...if she does..you can be a bit coy

sherri52
08-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Admire the nailsand without hesitation say were would you have to go to get your nails done like that. Don't be specific and don't lie. Hope for the answer

Magickman
08-24-2009, 11:42 PM
I have the opposite perspective for this one. It is always the women who are asking me where I had my nails done.

In answer to their queries, I tell them the name and location of my nail salon.

dragdoll
08-25-2009, 12:07 AM
i had a similar experience when i asked a girl where she got her shoes (they were an amazingly hot pair of flat strappy sandals, kind of gladiator style but nicer, so i had to ask) and she answered me without hesitation. maybe she thought it was strange afterwards but like i said, i had to find out.

carhill2mn
08-25-2009, 12:11 AM
I see nothing wrong with complimenting her on her nails and it would seem to be natural to ask where she had them done; no explanation needed as to why you asked.

Jennifer Marie P.
08-25-2009, 08:22 AM
There is nothing wrong with asking someone where they got there nails done its a good compliment and I always ask .

JenetGG
08-30-2009, 02:58 PM
I think in general when someone (anyone) gets a compliment, they love it so much that they'll be happy to answer. Most likely won't even begin to suspect it's for you. If she asks just say you want to get a gift certificate for a gal in your life. In the future, Go for it..even just for the sheer pleasure of striking up a conversation with a stranger.

michelle_tx
08-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Like others have said, it's not weird, it's a compliment. I've actually had the reverse happen, gg's asking me where my nails were done. I'm always happy to chat about it. :)

Jenny Gurl
09-01-2009, 09:18 PM
A girl I work with has to suspect something because I always complement her earings and her outfits. She is a real girly girl and takes a lot of time dressing in the morning. I will tell her I like the way her earings match her outfit and she will give me the history of where she got them, why she chose them and the top, shoes etc. It is obvious she appreciates being appreciated for the time she takes to look nice.

I always compliment someone that look nice. One I appreciate the effort that they took and I think it is important to let them know that someone is noticing. get a thank you and a smile.