PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on coming out to a friend

LeotardMan
08-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I’ve been actively CD when I exercise for about 20 years now and I have a friend Lucy that I’ve known for over eight years. We met on an exercise forum and for a while we worked together. Anyway, lately I’ve been wanting to come out to her but I’m not sure how too. Were just friends nothing more (However, I do keep asking her when she’ll leaver her Husband for me! HeHe) But I need some advice on how I should maybe come out. She is religious so I’m really not sure how she would take it. She lives in GA while I now live in FL so it would either be via email or over the phone. Any advice is appreciated.

Geoff

sherri52
08-24-2009, 07:29 PM
She knows the inner you it may go over easier than you think. Of course she knows you as a girl. In any case You should wait and make the trip to Ga. and tell her in person after the workout

Christina Horton
08-24-2009, 08:16 PM
just tell her. Nuf said!!!!

Ras
08-24-2009, 09:17 PM
you may want to bring up the subject of cross dressing that you saw or read about and see her reaction and then based upon that decide if you wish to proceed

Midnight Skye
08-24-2009, 11:07 PM
0) I must forefront my recommendations... with don't mess with a married woman! Unless she's miserable with the other guy and desperately in love with you...

1) One cheesy way is to see if she wants to dork around on Halloween... with you going out with a slightly more creative outfit than usual

2) Ask her out shopping and drop clues on stuff you like... possibly as far enough to ask if this or that would look good on you.

3) Sit down to a movie which includes some crossdressing (there are ALOT) and during or at the end ask her what she thinks of people who actually do that on their own private time.

4) Find a news article on something stupid/silly a cross dresser did recently... and ask her what she thinks about it.

5) Tell her you cross dress with a smile, and that you just wanted to share an odd part of yourself with her, because you feel you can trust her.

6) Realize... she might freak out and totally reject you... most people don't, but the reality is not everyone is accepting.

Cindy09
08-25-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm going to agree and say that you should NOT be messing with a married woman. No matter how unhappy she may be...

My solution for introducing people to me was to create a simple website. It started a dialogue and made the chatting in a bar thing trying to explain conversation MUCH easier.

If you really think this girl is going to accept you, then tell her. Your TG side is strong, and is a part of who you are. To hide it before entering any sort of relationship is disingenuous to you and to her.

You are only looking for misery if you hide who you are.

Just tell her, but wait until there are divorce papers signed!

LeotardMan
08-25-2009, 01:49 AM
WERE JUST FRIENDS..NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS. I Live in FL she lives in GA.

Mirani
08-25-2009, 02:03 AM
I wanted to tell people (friends) so they knew the "real" me. It was a need to have acceptance - or a hope of it anyway.

In dont believe in "games" or working up to it.

Be open and honest.
Dear ******

We have been friends for a while now and we seem to have got on well. I enjoy chatting with you and over the eight years have shared a few thoughts together.
As a valued friend, I would like to share something important to me.
It is as if you dont really know "me" and I would like you to.
It's not bad! :)

(Deep breath; here goes!)
As labels came sometimes help, I'll start with the label.
I am a part-time crossdresser. I'll explain . . . . . . . .

Thank you for reading this. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.
I am grateful to have a friend I can share with.
Well, thats roughly how I came out to friends in the past.

Good luck.

sarahNZ
08-25-2009, 02:29 AM
when I cme out to one of my GG friends we were both at another friends house (other friend knows and suports my dressing) and I started a comversation with I saw the perfect heels the other day... Pissed me off cause they were too small! my friend asked if she should fall down the satirs laughing now or what? My reply... Oh sorry I'm a tranny, thought you knew!
All went well and we are still friends.

Cant hurt to give it a go eh?

Miranda09
08-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Well, if you really have a desire to tell her, and you are friends, and you think she can handle your secret without telling everyone else about it, then, yes, talk to her about it. But trust is the key here. When I told my gg friend about my CDing, I knew I could trust her with this type of personal exposure, and she has been very supportive. Her philosophy on this is quite simple..."Everyone should be allowed to live as the person they want to be..." If your gg friend has a similar philosophy, then she would be a good person to open up to. :)

docrobbysherry
08-25-2009, 07:51 PM
U must answer that question yourself, LM! We can't!:eek:

ifitfeelsgood
08-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Bring up a religious debate, about controversial things in the bible, drinking, smoking, using all of gods herbs (pot), abortion etc, eventually just pass over a man dressed as a woman, but also flip it and see how she feels about women dressed as men. It will give you clues, but will show you have interest in her interest which means: good friend

Alice B
08-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Simply be open and tel her. My gut feeling is that she may already suspect. Woman are very astute in these areas.

Fab Karen
08-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Get her views on various things & you can determine if she's one of those fundie bigots.