PDA

View Full Version : After Class today....

Kim Grace
08-25-2009, 04:12 PM
I went shopping!!!!!!!! I took advice from a few of you and I went and tried on clothes in the changing rooms and evreything! I feel awsome and I love the outfit I bought!!! So thank you all for giving me the courage! I'll post some pis later. Now if I could just figure out to do makeup!!!!! -Kim

Just added Pics.

tricia_uktv
08-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Practice hon, practice - particularly eye-liner. Well done Kim and I'm so glad you had fun.

Tracey Corset
08-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Thats a huge step for you Kim, well done to you

Kathi Lake
08-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Kim, do you think that girls have knowledge of clothes, makeup and hair genetically programmed into them from the womb? Nope. It's something they take interest in and something they practice at. True, due to society, they are able to practice more often than us (normally), but with enough practice, you'll be slingin' paint with the best of them soon.

Don't forget to show us lots and lots of pictures. We're a nosy, but well-meaning lot.

Kathi

Angelofsomekind
08-25-2009, 04:59 PM
I started a page showing step by step how I do my eye makeup. It isn't the best, but it's something. Let me know what you think. The pictures on the main page are the finished products of each album. The albums are on the left.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm55/CDgroup/

If others would like to add how they do theirs Please let me know, I'd love to add more.

MichelleP
08-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi Kim,

I'm so glad you had a chance to get out and do some shopping - be careful it can be addictive! As for makeup, it just takes some practice and practice and practice...

Michelle

Bethany38
08-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Practice, Practice,Practice, Thats how you get better at makeup. Still struggling with this one myself. I cannot wait to see the outfit you bought. Post pic asap.:)

Kim Grace
08-25-2009, 05:22 PM
I started a page showing step by step how I do my eye makeup. It isn't the best, but it's something. Let me know what you think. The pictures on the main page are the finished products of each album. The albums are on the left.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm55/CDgroup/

If others would like to add how they do theirs Please let me know, I'd love to add more.
Thanks that will be very helpful next time I get a chance to put on my war paint:) Any advice on mascara and eyeshadow that won't leave evidence that it was there after you shower? I tried them both a little while before I graduated and it was obvious for a few days:( I had to convince everybody that I was the victim of a unfortunate napping accident involving cousins. -Kim

Kathi Lake
08-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Any advice on mascara and eyeshadow that won't leave evidence that it was there after you shower? I tried them both a little while before I graduated and it was obvious for a few days:( I had to convince everybody that I was the victim of a unfortunate napping accident involving cousins. -KimI like these (http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1011007&productId=prod350061&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat80034). They do a great job on eye makeup. Almay also makes some great makeup remover pads that I keep in my purse.

Kathi

Nicole Brown
08-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi Kim,

I am glad that you have discovered the joy of shopping and trying on clothes before buying them. I know how much I enjoy this activity, I do it way too often and spend way too much money doing it. :battingeyelashes:

While I was learning to do by makeup, someone recommended that I read a book titled 'Making Faces". I went to my local bookstore to look for it and after browsing through it for several minutes I couldn't help but buy it. This book has become like a bible to be and I go back over it just to pickup anything I might have missed.

Once I understood the basics, it was like everyone says, practice, practice and more practice. Remember, what we learn about makeup we learn in a much shorter time than a GG has to learn it. Be patient and all will turn out well.

Nicole

JiveTurkeyOnRye
08-26-2009, 12:35 AM
I agree with Nicole! "Making Faces" by Kevin Aucoin is a godsend! Also too, sometimes just ladies magazines will have some fantastic makeup tips in them, but the Aucoin book gives you different looks and diagram references. I highly recommend.