PDA

View Full Version : Pierced Ears

Brianna in Hose
08-27-2009, 03:14 PM
I was wondering how many of you girls have your ears pierced. And if so did you have them professionally done? I have pierced my ears about three different times myself. Each time I let them grow back closed because I am still in the closet to everyone. I just pierced them again today but this time I think I am going to make sure they stay. This could be hard because of my job.

Joanne f
08-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes i have mine pierced, 3 studs in each ear and like you done them all myself :D

michelle_tx
08-27-2009, 03:28 PM
I've tried once so far but one got infected (Claires not the cleanest place apparently) so I had to take the earrings out and let them close up. I figure once it's been a year I'll try again at a cleaner place. I've been dying for years to wear hoop earrings.

Trish
08-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Mine were originaly pierced in 1970, and the second set of holes in 1990. It's very rare when I wear two pair of earrings.

BritneyLynn
08-27-2009, 05:21 PM
There's at least two categories of "professional" ear piercing (the conventional piercing in the lower lobe and the edge of the ears). Piercing salons use hollow needles resembling those used for hypodermic syringes then simultaneously extract the piercing needle as they insert the jewelry. Jewelry retailers use post earrings with sharp points that are distributed sterile in sterile adapters for a plier like piercing tool. Operating the tool presses against the ornamental portion of the post, forcing the point through the earlobe. Some think the tapered point is more tramautic to the ear lobe than the angled hollow tip of the needles used by the piercing salons. I don't see where any reusable component of the tool is getting close enough to be a contamination risk. I think there might be more issues concerning the markers used to get customer approval of the piercing locations and the sterility of the operator's gloves.

I got both ears pierced at a jewelry retailer about nine years ago. For most of that time I was switching to small hoops or posts with small decorations (faux pearls, little chrome squares or balls etc) when I left the house. Very early one person remarked that they noticed, without any criticism or inquiry about my motives. I've recently started going out wearing 3/4 inch long drop earrings without anyone making remarks within earshot.

Missy
08-27-2009, 06:20 PM
ok I have both ears with double earrings in them wear posts while at work and loop or dangly earrings while at home work dress codes saids no hanging ear rings

Glenda58
08-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Did mine 3 yrs ago told everyone that I did it on a bet that if I kept them in for a month that I would get $50 and that I got $50 to do it. And I haven't regretted it. I have some many to choose from.

KristinSkye
08-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Have you considered the professional piercing job (at a professional piercing/tattoo parlor) that would use the hallowed needles that Britney mentioned?

They will pierce you for numerically lower (therefore larger) jewelry, usually 16-18 guage that might have some benefits for you:

First, after they heal the larger gauge will keep the hole open for much longer after the jewelry is removed, and second you should be able to find body jewelry in these 16-18 gauge sizes that look more masculine, and you could wear daily.

Sammy777
08-27-2009, 08:34 PM
I think this subject should be a sticky.....
Right under the mega panty and bathroom threads, :lol2:

Anyway...................
Like others have said or will say.
No one really notices, and if they do , they really don't care.

I have 3 in each ear [2 lower, 1 mid ear].
3 by pro [gun], 3 by myself [needle].

I wear one set up to all 3 sets everyday.

None of them ever got infected and I never used the cleaning solution given to me, Just turn them and wash with water.

Pink Person
08-27-2009, 08:36 PM
I had my ears pierced at the mall about six years ago. Wearing earrings is a huge pleasure for me. I highly recommend it to everyone. I wish I had done it sooner.

sherri52
08-27-2009, 08:40 PM
I have three in my left ear and two in my right. Next time go to Walmart. Ten dollars will give two piercings and a set of earings (studs). Almost everyone has thier ears pierced now. One of my sons has 13 piercings (ears and body). He hates my cd'ing

SweetCaroline
08-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Mine were done almost exactly one year ago at Clarie's. I have had no problem at all with them in that time. Hard to believe I was ever nervous about getting 'em done.

wendy68
08-27-2009, 11:00 PM
I would love to get my ears done but my wife wont let me. She feels that since I work as a professional in my job it wouldnt look right. I think she really doesnt want me to for her own reasons as well but she wont say it

NaughtyMichelle
08-27-2009, 11:33 PM
I have a single piercing in each earlobe, and I'm glad I did it. I love earrings, especially dangly and dramatic. I took a little razzing from friends when I first did it (they don't know about my CD'ing), but it's pretty much a non-issue now.

Angie G
08-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Yes my ears are pierced and have had very little flack about it. It;s just so common now days. Just don't wear big girly earring out and about. And I had mine done by a pro. When I'm out I just wear some wires works for me.:hugs:
Angie

bumblebee
08-28-2009, 12:04 AM
No one cares if yours ears are pierced anymore.

Remember when a guy only got one ear pierced? Now days people look at you weird if you only had one pierced!

dragdoll
08-28-2009, 12:07 AM
4 piercings in my ears, did most of them myself with piercing studs and those little plastic do-it-yourself piercers.

kimkat
08-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Got mine pierced three months ago at a tattoo parlor. Not sure what your job requirements are but I work as a pharmacist and after the initial shock in the department, nobody looks at me twice now. I switch back and forth between hoops and studs.
A couple of days ago I was off. I left the house and didnt put any earrings on. I felt naked the whole time. As soon as I got home, I quickly put my studs in before going back out the door. :)

Lisa Golightly
08-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Yes I have mine pierced... Guess most TS's view it as an essential part of the new uniform... I kind of just couldn't wear clip-ons, was like pinching your ears, and grew increasingly frustrated that the best earrings were always either only in post or hook form.

I got them done when I was a 24/7 CD... ooo a few years back now in a piercing parlour. Had them done with hollow needles on the advice of a friend who is into piercings. I was absolutely fine until the girl mentioned the right one was bleeding heavily and I caught sight of the sodden swab... *click*... I was gone... spark out on the deck.

When I did come round it was to the rather surreal sight of a grizzled man patting my hand with a mauled hand of his own that had only two fingers left upon it muttering in a voice akin to a pirate 'There, there me darlin'... ye be all right' and the girl behind him muttering 'You do know that's a geezer don't cha?'.

:)

Joanne f
08-28-2009, 12:42 AM
When I did come round it was to the rather surreal sight of a grizzled man patting my hand with a mauled hand of his own that had only two fingers left upon it muttering in a voice akin to a pirate 'There, there me darlin'... ye be all right' and the girl behind him muttering 'You do know that's a geezer don't cha?'.

:)

I guess that you don`t like the sight of your blood, but you did not say whether he stopped patting your back after what the girl said :lol:

Carrie R
08-28-2009, 12:43 AM
I just let people know I was a crossdresser, then I wouldn't be embarrassed to leave mine in all the time.
Kinda helps that I'm between jobs at the moment.

Michelle_cd65
08-28-2009, 12:52 AM
Yes my ears are pierced and have had very little flack about it. It;s just so common now days. Just don't wear big girly earring out and about. And I had mine done by a pro. When I'm out I just wear some wires works for me.:hugs:
Angie

I had mine done at walmart and my now exfiance hated it because of my dressing and took very little razzing at work for it. I wear studs when at work but buy quality studs as walmart got mine infected.

Diane Smith
08-28-2009, 01:55 AM
I had my ears pierced when I was 9, in 1966, by a family friend with a sewing needle ... so unsanitary by today's standards, but that was probably the way most girls did it back then. I never had any problems at all with them healing, though.

I'm now up to 17 in each ear. Most were done in a professional piercing shop with a hollow needle. I have one on each side that tend to be a bit "cranky" (seeping and crusty, and sore when I sleep on them) from time to time, but in general they have all done well.

- Diane

Samantha Kelsey
08-28-2009, 01:55 AM
I had two sets in each ear and all done in the local jewellers. Quick, clean and healed up in a few days. Cost about 7 euros a pair. I think it's the best Cd thing I ever did. I always wear at least on set of studs and most times two. In male mode one st is usually just small ball stud and the other is a small diamond effect stud. I never feel embarrased even if people look at me (no one ever really does anyway). It's so common now to see even the most hardened males with earrings.

Andy66
08-28-2009, 06:17 AM
I'm surprised you can't wear earrings at work. It"s pretty much generally accepted now for a man to wear something small like diamond studs or tiny hoops.

I pierced my own ears with a needle when I was a teenager. The plan was to have two in each ear, so I started with the left ear. Then I made one hole in the right ear. On the second hole I must have hit a vein -- a stream of blood shot out. Yuk! It freaked me out so much that I stopped and it took 25 years for me to finish the job. Just recently the jewelry lady at WalMart talked me into getting that last hole done. (I really wanted it done, but I was a chicken.) She used the gun with a pointy stud in it. Then she told me the important part:
Don't take the earring out for six weeks, and put rubbing alcohol on the area every day to minimize the risk of infection. Seems fine now and never got infected.

Misty G
08-28-2009, 06:21 AM
I have one set of studs and a set of hoops each ear

Angie F
08-28-2009, 06:45 AM
double peircing in each ear, usealy wear studs in the top holes, and hoops in the lower holes :) did my peircings myself with no problems

ringedjohn
08-28-2009, 08:44 AM
I have three piercings in each ear - did the first one myself way back in 1960. In public I only wear one stud in my left ear. At home I love wearing dangling earrings.

carolinebrookes
08-28-2009, 09:15 AM
I had both ears professionally done in my teens (many years ago now!)
Ironically it wasn't done with cding in mind, just that I wanted to look cool like some of the new romantic bands around at the time. :D

When I started cding more seriously, the fact that my ears were pierced was an added bonus.

Charleen
08-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Had mine done at a "Piercing R Us" at the mall over 3 years ago. Very professional. I chose gold ball studs the where put in with plier thingy. Everything was wrapped. She asked where I wanted them in my lobe and I said in the middle. "Oh, like a woman would! Why?" she said. I just smiled. I received a bottle of ear cleaner and wastold to clean them once a day, keep the studs in for 6 weeks, and rotate the studs at least once a day.
I wear hoopsand have absolutely no trouble any where let alone work.

MichelleP
08-28-2009, 09:41 AM
I had both ears pierced 'cause the clip-ons just pinch the crap outta me. I don't get how GGs can wear clip-on for very long. Interestingly many of the jocks I tend to run into or around have both ears pierced though they are sporting big diamond studs and I'm not on a multi-million dollar contract:heehee:

Michelle

AndreaCD1963
08-28-2009, 09:42 AM
I had both ears piered at a Jewellery store about 4 years ago. Wish I'd done it years ago (hate the clip ons). No one has ever really said anything - got the odd "oh, you got your ears pierced" at first, but now nothing at all. I wear studs or small hoops when I'm at work (professional work environment and career), and pretty much whatever I want the rest of the time (regardless of whether I'm dressed or in drab).

Alice B
08-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Mine were done by a pro over 12 years ago. Have a large selection of ear rings and have never had a problem. Feel naked with out ear rings on.

Sherry-Stephanie
08-28-2009, 02:12 PM
My first ear piercing was this past March and then I had a second one done a week ago...both at Claire's and no problem so far....will wear a ball stud in the lower piercing and a diamond stud in the upper one in guy mode and put the girl earrings in the lower one when I dress....

Love wearing the earrings reguardless what mode I'm in....highly recommend it it if you can do it w/o any problems wife or work....

Erica K.
08-28-2009, 03:04 PM
I have 2 in each ear. My 1st hole is stretched to 1/2", & my second hole is at a 2gge. Thinking about getting my 3rd hole done. The cool thing is I can still wear hoops, just under the plugs.

Cheryl T
08-28-2009, 03:11 PM
I got mine done about 5 years ago.
I have 2 in each ear and except for work (not permitted) I wear studs in the uppers and small hoops in the lowers.

I love having my ears pierced and wish I had done it so much sooner.
You can have small, almost invisible studs put in while they heal and then if work is an issue you can leave them out during work hours and enjoy them other times.

I had mine done at the local mall at the Piercing Pagoda.
They do it very nicely, professionally and with all due diligence with regard to being sanitary.

And they were very reasonable.

paulaN
08-28-2009, 03:22 PM
I have one hole in each lobe. I have gotten some crap from people at work. I work in a paper mill so there are lots of rednecks. Come to think of there are lots of rednecks in Maine. LOL. Very few negative comments though. I wear lots of goofy earrings I am having a blast with them. I feel naked with out earrings in. The funny thing is the most negative person on my earrings is my daughter. She is 23yo and hates them. Go figure.She also hates my cding. But that's another story.

Michelia
08-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Until I found these adapter clips. I have now, little by little, made all my earrings clip ons. I also added silicone dots to the clips and it makes them quite comfortable. Now I just get whatever earrings I want. The only type I can't really use are studs. But then , I don't like them - and have none.

No piercing necessary for this girl anymore.

NathalieX66
08-28-2009, 03:48 PM
I had my left ear professionally pierced when I was a teenager, and I pierced my right ear myself five years later.....guess what? I did a better job than the professional with the ear gun.
My theory is that sewing needles & an ice cube are are far more superior than the temporary studs from the ear piercing gun because they have a much sharper point.
I was part of the culture of Judd Nelson (Breakfast Club) & Jason Patric (Lost Boys) when male ear piercing started to become mainstream...Oh, and I was not done yet. Funny how these two movies made ear piercing such a big deal.
But seroiusly, as a kid, I was envious of the choices that women had. There was a local department store near me in the late 1970's that always had sales of ear-piercing combinations of right/left: 1:1, 2:2, 2:3...so on & so forth. I could not tell you how envious I was. My parents would have never approved if I ever even got one ear pierced. They freaked out when I actually went and did it. I am glad that times today are different.
Though i'm not big on major piercings and ink.

Rikkicn
08-28-2009, 07:06 PM
I did it at Clairs and i was surprised at how few noticed. I was in a conservative work place at the time

Jenny Gurl
09-01-2009, 09:39 PM
I have considered this for a long time. I think it would be so nice to be able to wear normal earrings. I think they are another form of expression. If I retire I will probably get them pierced at least one in each lobe.

Rachel Morley
09-01-2009, 10:04 PM
I've had my left one pierced since I was 16. I wore just one small gold stud for quite a few years, then for another significant length of time I took it out and had nothing. Then in my mid 30's I decided to start wearing a small hoop in my left ear and not only that but I thought I'd get the other one pierced too (for girly reasons :D). It was one of the best things I've ever done. I now have one piercing in each ear.

I don't usually wear earrings to work, but once a woman co-worker commented that she could see that I have "holes" in both of my lobes and do I wear earrings? However, out of work I always wear both earrings all the time. Sometimes just plain gold studs, other times colored diamante studs and sometimes small hoops, all in boy of course. When en femme.....the sky's the limit!

rachael j.
09-02-2009, 12:56 PM
I have 2 piercings in each ear. The first piercings I did myself with a sewing needle. This was while I was in the military (they frown on guys wearing earrings). I had to remove my studs while at work and re-insert after. They took forever to heal!!! That was over 20 years ago. The second piercings were done a a jewelry store (I think it was Claire's). The studs I wear in the first piercing are 24/7 and have been in for about 2 years straight. The second piercings I prefer to wear french hooks which I wear nearly daily. I love the way they feel when they swing when I move my head.

tricia_uktv
09-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Its so easy. You get a few comments to start off with (because you have to wear studs) but youy can shrug them off. They'll think your going through the menopause, not realising which one of course :) Definately get it done professionally, follow their advice and keep turning and disinfecting.

Also remember how much fun it is trying to find jewellery to match your outfits.

tvcdalex
09-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I pierce both ears myself 10 years before, don't have a problem

Angelofsomekind
09-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Two in the left and one in the right. No one really mentions anything about it, I wear earrings that are not very girly most of the time. I had them done at some store in a mall, nothing special.

Elvira
09-08-2009, 01:14 PM
I pierced my own ears when i left school , i have three holers in each ear, i havent got a problem wearing studs or sleepers while in guy mode because i'm very much into the rock scene, but when Elvira takes over i just love wearing the long dangly type earings whith sparkling stones or big hoops!

Joy Carter
09-08-2009, 01:46 PM
I have doubles, and I used to ware studs in each hole, until a customer and two employees gave mega crap over them. So now I ware two, only one one side at a time. If was indeed bad form on their part. But I have a responsibility to my employer to keep customers. So far I haven't been back there.....yet.

milliek
09-08-2009, 10:48 PM
you gals r very lucky to have pierced ears..

5150 Girl
09-09-2009, 09:38 PM
I've had my ears peirced for a long time. I can't remember low long it's been. Nobody seems to notice or care. I'm not sure what the big deal should be? it's just a pin sized hole.

NathalieX66
09-09-2009, 09:55 PM
OK, I have to correct myself.
This is information for those who have not yet had their ears pierced. When I first had an ear pierced abou 24 years ago , the "professional" who did it, said you can take out the stud, and change to other earrings in about two weeks....which led me to believe the healing process takes 2 weeks, which is quite incorrect. I discovered back then that the hole was very prone to close up, even if you change to other styles. so I always slept every night with at least a stud as far as I can remember. Many say it takes about 8 weeks to completely heal in spite of the fact that you can change whatever it is you're wearing. Just make sure it is two weeks or more before you decide to wear something else.....and rotate the stem....but you have to at least have something in your earlobes for a good few hours each day or night even if you don't wear anything at work.
Nowadays it seems that both my ears have never closed up even if I didn't wear earrings for several months. They will never close.
I will caution that wearing long dangly, or heavy stuff frequently will cause the holes to stretch, and cause creases over time. We all get old, and age is not a petty sight. You get the "grandma effect" of long droopy earlobes.

Jessi57
09-10-2009, 05:17 AM
I had my left ear pierced twice about 20 years ago and then about 10 years ago I added a third piercing in the left ear and a single piercing in the right ear. I wish I could add 2 more to the right ear but the wife said that is enough. There were a few questions as to why and we said we just re-pierced the ones already done. I said to a few who made a "gay" ear comment that the comment was old school and people are having piercings done whereever they like and having both done made sure I didn't look or walk lopsided (small joke but it got a few chuckles). I love being able to wear earings while dressed and normally wear 2 studs in the left ear full time.

PretzelGirl
09-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Hint for Cds over 40:
Get your ears pierced and if anyone asks why, say "Male menopause. I couldn't afford a Harley-Davidson."

LOL. I actually use that for my piercing and my long hair. It does work. No second questions.

jayme357
09-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Read every single post!!! I love earings and would give anything to have pierced ears. Unfortunately I have six adult children including four daughters none of whom know that their macho Daddy loves to play dress up. They would pick up on that in a heartbeat.

While on a ski trip a few years ago I decided to "test the waters" with my friends, both male and female, and wore some split hoops that look like the real thing to dinner one night. Jokingly I suggested that this might be something that I might do to "change my image a bit"

The response was quick and unanimous, and not what I had hoped to hear.

Thank goodness for Cliptomania!

LanaFairmaiden
09-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Thank goodness for Cliptomania!

Thank you for the referral!

I'm getting mine done very soon. But next weekend I have a social gathering and don't want to wear the simple studs I'll have for the first two weeks or even worse, have one get infected before the event. Cliptomania to the rescue!

babyamy
09-16-2009, 02:18 PM
had my ears done at Claires in the mall like it so much had to go back and have a second pierceing done, i like to wear plain gold studs,

Karen43
09-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Pierced my own with a kit I purchased at drug store, included a piercing gun. Have never regretted it, always feel sexier when I am wearing earrings. Will wear at night to keep piercings open.

karen68
10-05-2009, 02:29 PM
I haven't as of yet got my ears done but I have had my navel done for years and my favorite piercing is a dolphin ring that encircles my navel hung from a blue stoned stud, I had my nipples done about 9 months ago and haven't regreted it at all.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-05-2009, 05:16 PM
was a little nervous, but it's part of who I am now, a woman and it feels so normal now. I'd be naked without them. Kimberly Marie Kelly :battingeyelashes:

christinek
10-05-2009, 06:37 PM
I have both ears pierced and have done so for over a year. I pierced my left in 1990 and again a second and third hole in the left in 1991. I pierced my right in 2008 and I hold a very professional position, that requires a clearance higher than secret, and I cannot say more.

However my boss asked me on the monday after I did it if it was new, I explained it was and not one word has ever been made of it again.

I stand up in front of rooms full of people who hang on my every word and no one cares one bit about my studs. They care about do I actually know the material I am speaking on and how well I know it.

AKAMichelle
10-05-2009, 09:46 PM
I had professional pierced for my birthday. My family hates them, but I like them. I never take them out and I have had no problems with them. It does help to own your own business.

NathalieX66
10-05-2009, 09:57 PM
BTW, word of advice for those with pierced ears...STAY AWAY FROM SILVER PRODUCTS FROM CLAIRE'S!

I prefer silver jewelry, but I recently bought a variety of silver earrings from Clair'es , and even though the stuff is quite cheap, it has caused a weird reaction where it has made my ear holes black. I don't know the exact reason, I just know it does. Maybe it's the nickel content, or the grade of silver that is prone to tarnish and turn black. Mybe it's a low grade silver plating , but it is noticeable. I have never had this problem with silver earrings from anywhere else. I have a variety of good silver stuff too...never had a problem

BUT The silver earrings from Claires don't seem to turn black, but my earlobes from wearing Claire's do. This is definitely a chemical reaction.

Morford
10-05-2009, 10:04 PM
I had my ears pierced at a piercing/tattoo shop this past February. Had a little bit of a swelling problem with the right one, but they healed up just fine. I usually wear small studs in guy mode, but I've got a dozen pairs or so for around the apartment.

Joann0830
10-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Brianna when You do them or get them done buy the really small gold post and I mean small that they are not noticable and you will be fine, Dont be nervous , I can rememeber when men only wore one and now the men who wear them have two and three. You will be fine just make sure you turn them and keep them clean and cleansed. I really would recommend a professional doing them they also give you the cleansing agent. Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

Shayna2008
10-05-2009, 10:56 PM
A girl I was friends with in high school did my first one for me. My mom did one in my other ear. I added 1 more in each ear, so I have 4 total. I wear them when I can, but often go several months sometime without 'em. But the holes are still there! :)

Ann Thomas
10-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Had mine done at a mall a couple of years ago. Wear them off and on, in either mode. Found I don't like hoops, but like long swirly ones. I have alot of different types that are androgenous so I can wear them either way.

My wife has the most interesting story - hers were done by a nurse in Finland decades ago using a sterile surgical needle and a potato.

Honestly I'm so squeemish I'd faint trying to do them myself!

Ann

Emme
10-05-2009, 11:20 PM
My wife and I were riding the train to Seattle from the east coast. Went to DC Union Station...wife was in the lounge reading the paper. I said I'll be rt back. Went to Claires and had the very large man pierce my ears. Told him to do it like a girl, as I am a partime girl. The left ear was painless. Ouch on the rt. earlobe. He was nice. It was 2001 July.

Went back to the lounge and showed the wife. She was pleased...but didn't belive I did it.
Only one coment was from a waitperson on the train...."what you got in yo ears little boy!"
I laughed with her. NO ONE has ever mentioned my ears. I sometimes forget to take out the pearls at work and my nurse will says.....oh Doc ears!! Oops

Don't wear at work, but no one has ever said a word about the holes. As soon as I get home I put the pearls back in. Never had a hole close.

In the initial weeks I wore a piece of short broom straw in the holes to allow it to heal. I was told by my house keeper at age 8 that if I ever had my ears pierced ( I said Yeah!!LOL) ....broom straw was a safe hole keeper! She was correct! No one noticed the short piece of stra in my ear for those months. Pierced ears are great!

BTW I bought my first tract of ALASKA Land today. You can have nice breasts under a lot of cloths!! Now for the closet with cabin attached!

Love to all

Barbara Jo
10-06-2009, 01:58 AM
I got my ears pierced years ago. I just walked by Claires one day and thought, why not?

It really was/is a non issue at work. I usually wear 3mm zirconia studs as my "daily" earings.

Karen__Starr
10-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Had my ears and belly button done about 20 years ago at a tatto shop where I think the person doing me was a CD herself, we got along get hehe.

I think clip-on earrings hurt while pierced do not, at least for me. In December I am getting my upper ears done, one in each ear then may get two more in each after I see how the first ones work out.

JC
10-06-2009, 08:59 PM
i have had mine pieced for year or so. I did the left and the right a short time later.

I work in a male dominated wokplace. yes i got comments. these wer mainly from the women.

my brother questioned my manhood as i had both pierced. he has only teh left pierced.

what teh heck . i love to be able to wear, not wear and in a choice of 20 colors of studs. no one has ever commented about the studs matching my shirts?

it is great

jc

weekend woman
10-06-2009, 11:13 PM
I waited till I was 55,went to wally world had both ears done,6 mos later I had a second piercing done. Wear 2 3mm CZ studs in the upper holes and 3mm gold balls in the lower.On weekends in with diamond studs and hoops. My excuse "midlife crisis" it was cheaper than a red sports car!

Kathy4ever
10-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I had 4 in one ear and two in the other. Never really get to wear them anymore. When I can I still can wear them. The holes never closed all the way up. My wife has a fit when I put them in now.

tamarav
10-07-2009, 12:33 PM
I wear 5 earrings in the right ear and 4 in the right, since I am a little off center anyway..

Emily_lngstn
10-07-2009, 12:38 PM
I have 2 in each earlobe as well as my cartilage pierced on one side. When I first moved away from home when I was 18 i got into the heavy metal crowd and got all sorts of piercings and tattoos. I used to have 13 piercings in total, but only wear 3 anymore, 1 in each ear, and my tongue. But I can't wear those at work either, so only after hours.

Tiffgurl
10-09-2009, 01:07 AM
I did mine myself, had the same problem with work but I wore earrings on the way to work and on the way home and then all the time at home and had no problems, that was about two years ago and I still wear them while driving, usually hoops

BarbraAnne
10-09-2009, 05:25 AM
I had my ears pierced at a Merle Norman store while getting a Make-over back in the 1980's when George Michaels was popular. I've worn 1/2" loops everyday since, except when I'm dressed, then I go crazy.
TTFN, Barb

Michelle 51
10-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Had mine done 2 weeks ago.No big deal with most people but my 34 year old daughter was furious.I can't wait to take the studs out and put a nice set of dangly ones in.In private.In public i'll stay with the gold studs.Where i live 1 earring is still the style so getting both done raised a few eye brows but i so glad i did it.
justabit