PDA

View Full Version : Sunday afternoon fun with makeup

Marla GG
07-17-2005, 10:27 PM
In anticipation of our outing next weekend and many more to follow, Angel and I are in the process of trying to find that "Holy Grail" foundation that will provide flawless coverage yet still look natural. Happily, this is taking a long time and many, many experiments :D

Today we tested a camouflage foundation made by Colortration (http://www.colortration.com/) , which I had learned about on the Beauty Club board. Verdict?

The coverage was good, but we couldn't get a close color match for Angel's skin. We ordered the sample kit of six different colors, but the closest shade ended up being a bit too pink, while the others were either too light or too dark. This is not a criticism of the product...it just wasn't right for Angel.

My next mission will be to the cosmetics superstore Ulta, to look for a new product called CoverBlend. It's supposed to cover like DermaBlend but be less heavy. Maybe that, plus regular foundation, will do the trick.

It's a race against time! Will Marla and Angel find the magic potion they desperately need before their big outing? Stay tuned.......

Pip
07-17-2005, 10:35 PM
I'd have to say that Angel looks very happy having you experiment. You two look like you have a great time together.

My wife left town for awhile right after we started playing with crossdressing. I can't wait until she gets back so that we can have the same fun times!

Good luck on the race!

Pip

liz lesbow
07-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Marla: try mixing them togeather maybe you cn find the right blend. Please let me know it that works, I about about to get my samples.

Holly
07-17-2005, 10:53 PM
are just so cute together! Looking forward to next weekend's adventure (but probably not nearly as much as the two of you :D )

DanaJ
07-18-2005, 04:47 AM
I agree with liz, could you try mixing a couple of colors together? I know this might be a bit of hit-or-miss though..... and how far are the shades you got off? If they are off just a tiny bit, wouldn't that still work?

Anyway, also gotta agree with Holly - that pic is just precious! I love it! Good luck...

DanaJ

RachelDenise
07-18-2005, 04:50 AM
Both of you look like you are having so much fun!!! :D :cool:

DonnaT
07-18-2005, 07:59 AM
My wife and I went to to the Ulta store Saturday, but they didn't have the Coverblend in.

What I suggest, if you can't find thee coverblend, is to use the Dermablend as a concealer and cover it with a foundation of your choice.

ChristineRenee
07-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Love the pic Marla. Looks like you and Angel had a fun session there. Thanks for sharing this with us!:hugs:

okanaganheather GG
07-18-2005, 11:23 AM
:D

You both are my sweetness heros...
hope the mixing works.

I will always remember your kind words, your support, & your fantastic example - and Angel...I promise to treat Ashlyn with kindness!!!

Adore the lovely pic!

Wendy me
07-18-2005, 11:56 AM
so cute love that Angel your a lucky girl..............

Fallen Angel
07-18-2005, 01:26 PM
lokk like you both are having fun and i think its great you both share!! i used derablend for a long time and your right its very thick and you have to use a setting powder as well keep us informed on how the weekend goes xxx