PDA

View Full Version : Legal Name Change

SandieAE
08-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Has anyone gone to the effort to have their name legally changed to their femme name so that it matches their appearance when en femme? What are the implications that I might face? I want to change my first name to be my femme name and my second name to be my en drab name. That way I have the best of both worlds - when en drab I can use my male name and when dressed I can use my femme name and have the appropriate id to match. I live in Canada so I would appreciate feedback from Canadians if any have done this.

Sandie

sometimes_miss
08-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Or you can pick one that is androgenous. I like Alexis myself; I can call myself Alex, Alexa, Lexi. There are plenty of male/female names you can choose. Lynn, Jan, Marion, Devon, Michele, Brook, the list is enormous. See:
http://www.yeahbaby.com/article.php?page=79
Or just google androgenous baby names and come up with a couple thousand. Then pick one.

SandieAE
08-29-2009, 04:52 PM
My first and middle names are currently "John Alan" so I thought I would have them changed to "Sandra John" instead. That way I can use either one depending on how I am dressed.

Sandie

Nicole Brown
08-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi Lexi,

I asked myself the same question not too long ago and I believe I came up with an acceptable solution, well at least for me.

I contacted both of my charge card companies, my state's motor vehicle agency, and all of the companies that I do business with and had all of them change my records to my initials. More and more people are doing this for security reasons so the request is not unusual and this way you can use which ever name agrees with your appearance.

Nicole

jennygirl XOXO
08-30-2009, 08:06 PM
i just started 2 cd/tgirl and i wondered when i need to get a name change the pros/cons all da fyi's

jenny XOXO

gender_blender
08-31-2009, 12:05 PM
I legally changed my name about a year ago to a more androgynous version of my first and middle birth name, which was also one of my nicknames and commonly used. It's an easy process, just appearing before a judge to explain why you want to change it. Check the regulations in your state.