PDA

View Full Version : Why do men cross dress?

Satin_Lover_13
08-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Thought you might like it:

http://www.crossdresserheaven.com/why-do-men-cross-dress/

happygirl
08-30-2009, 12:28 AM
I would have to say the thrill, is that ok?

JiveTurkeyOnRye
08-30-2009, 12:42 AM
Oh, here I thought this was just a set up to a joke. "Why do men cross dress?" "To get to the softer side?"

Andy66
08-30-2009, 12:53 AM
I would have to say the thrill, is that ok?

It's fine with me. ;)

Elizebeth
08-30-2009, 12:55 AM
i don't know just do it and will keep on doing it.

patricia 402
08-30-2009, 01:41 AM
because i have to it makes me happy and thats all that matters.:battingeyelashes:

Ralph
08-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Oh, here I thought this was just a set up to a joke. "Why do men cross dress?" "To get to the softer side?"

Well played! Gonna be laughing all night about that one.

Ballerina
08-30-2009, 02:09 AM
For so many reasons, lol. Mainly to feel like a comfortable woman.

Charla McBee
08-30-2009, 04:06 AM
That's a real nice little summary there, I think it touches on most of the possible reasons and combinations thereof.

The comments underneath are interesting as well.

emmicd
08-30-2009, 04:16 AM
Men crossdress for as many reasons as why women dress. I can't speak for others but I crossdress because I love womens clothes and I love the feminine look and I love the silky feel of the clothes and I love all the pretty colors and designs and I love the panties and the pantyhose and the bras and the bodybriefers and the swimsuits and the bikinis. I love the dresses and skirts and styles and the choices. I love the little black dress and I love the red dress and I love the pink dress and I love the floral print sundress and I love the feminine shape and I just love the feel of being a girl or a women and escaping the male world. I just feel so happy when I'm in a dress and womens lingerie. It is the most incredible feeling I ever had wearing clothes. I never ever got excited wearing a suit and tie but put me in a sexy dress and I am flying high in a crossdressers world! That is why I crossdress because it makes me feel fantastic!

emmi

Lucy Long Legs
08-30-2009, 04:19 AM
I wonder how many of us do it because we are physically feminine. It would be interesting to hear from someone who, like me, developed breasts at puberty and failed to develop down below normally. Everything is great when dressed as a girl but it is difficult to have sex satisfactorily. Any ideas?

Jenniferpl
08-30-2009, 04:49 AM
emmicd, you are right on girl.

Lisa Golightly
08-30-2009, 05:04 AM
I don't know but I am rather pleased they do :D x

Fab Karen
08-30-2009, 06:05 AM
Most re-posted topic on this site.
Why do some people like broccoli?
Why is the sky blue?

Deborah Jane
08-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Most re-posted topic on this site.
Why do some people like broccoli?
Why is the sky blue?

I,ve no idea why we crossdress, but we do and just have to accept it :)

Why do some people like Broccoli?....No idea there either :straightface:

But this explains why the sky is blue :D....http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/General/BlueSky/blue_sky.html

AmiFL
08-30-2009, 06:28 AM
When I was able to crossdress regularly many moons ago a big part of the thrill was a sexual thing of course..... then the guilt hit me and back to drab clothes.

However, then I found myself staying dressed longer and relishing in the feel of the clothes against my skin, after the sexual thing was over. I was never one to just don a pair of panties and bra. That did nothing for me. I needed to put on the entire outfit, makeup, wig, etc, to enjoy the moment.

One thing though I have no desire to be a woman...... just to dress like one and look as best as I possibly could.

Thanks for listening.......................

ps. I could never pass

JiveTurkeyOnRye
08-30-2009, 09:02 AM
I never ever got excited wearing a suit and tie

I really must be the weirdo on this site because I've seen this sentiment a couple of times on here, and I have to admit, I love a suit and tie! Maybe it's because I've grown up post Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction and stuff so when when I get kind of a "bad@$$" charge from it. I guess I also like moving along the spectrum, just because I do things that aren't traditionally masculine doesn't mean I don't like things that are. Mad Men is a great show for me because I find myself wanting to be dressed like all the characters. (aside from all the other reasons it's great.)

TGMarla
08-30-2009, 09:16 AM
I have to admit, I love a suit and tie!

Actually, I do, too. But if God had taken me aside and shown me my choices just before birth, I'd have chosen the pretty dresses over the suits and ties. I've often wondered why I crossdress. And time and time again I come back to the same answer: I absolutely love wearing dresses and all the stuff that goes with them. If life had been fair, I'd have been born female, and all this crossdressing would be unnecessary.

June Elenor
08-30-2009, 09:16 AM
For me it just feels right, I feel so much more relaxed when I'm dressed.:)

jessycd
08-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I crossdress because I love the feel, the color, the pattern, the shape, the style of women clothing.
I don't like men's clothing at all. If it is possible, I would be in dress 24/7.

ColleenW
08-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Men crossdress for as many reasons as why women dress. I can't speak for others but I crossdress because I love womens clothes and I love the feminine look and I love the silky feel of the clothes and I love all the pretty colors and designs and I love the panties and the pantyhose and the bras and the bodybriefers and the swimsuits and the bikinis. I love the dresses and skirts and styles and the choices. I love the little black dress and I love the red dress and I love the pink dress and I love the floral print sundress and I love the feminine shape and I just love the feel of being a girl or a women and escaping the male world. I just feel so happy when I'm in a dress and womens lingerie. It is the most incredible feeling I ever had wearing clothes. I never ever got excited wearing a suit and tie but put me in a sexy dress and I am flying high in a crossdressers world! That is why I crossdress because it makes me feel fantastic!

emmi

Well said emmi

I wonder though why society makes so much of men wearing women's clothes (even giving it names such as transvestite and cross dressing) and yet makes nothing of women wearing men's clothes.

BLUE ORCHID
08-30-2009, 07:46 PM
It's the thrill of victory. And The agnoy of de feet!
.................................................. .......thanks........ORCHID

Fab Karen
08-30-2009, 08:01 PM
But this explains why the sky is blue ....http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physic.../blue_sky.html

Explains how, but not why all that happens. :)

Angie G
08-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Why I don't really know.I do know it's a need and it makes me feel good.And my wife is OK with it and that's all the better.:hugs:
Angie

Alice B
08-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Some very good information in the site you listed. Will print and share with my wife.

Crysten
08-31-2009, 12:33 AM
I dress because it is in my nature - I've always done so, and always will. Searching for reasons beyond that is sorta pointless, I think.

I know, I'm shallow :)

VeronicaMoonlit
08-31-2009, 12:35 AM
Because they want to and they can.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Tasha McIntyre
08-31-2009, 04:44 AM
Because it feels great and is the more awesome fun out and about :)

Tash

LisaM
08-31-2009, 02:24 PM
I just remember looking at women and girls when I was very young and saying to myself that I wanted to be just like them. It made me feel normal.

suchacutie
08-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Until 4 years ago it wasn't even a passing thought.

Suddenly we found this feminine person who I didn't know I was carrying around. I need to know who she is. We like her. She has many unique characteristics and ideas.

How can she not be allowed to exist?

I must know who she is.

Cole
08-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Because we are preprogramed to be the way we are and there is nothing we can do about it. We can attempt to suppress the feeling/act, but in the end this will only make us unhappy and depressed. It just sux that ppl are "forced" to wear certain clothing and look a certain way. If I like thongs, stockings and dresses, then I wish/should be allowed to dress in such a fashion. Clothing is just on the outside, when we strip naked, we are still the same person we were when we were wearing whatever fashion of clothing we chose to wear. I find myself (as well as most like me) more compassionate than other men and every girlfriend tells me, "You are different than any other guy I have ever dated". Unforturnatly, some can't take the cause with the benefits. :sigh:

Tanya83
08-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Because it's fun and exciting to do things "You shouldn't do" oh and it feels real good too. :D

Georgia Rose
09-01-2009, 05:59 AM
I never ever got excited wearing a suit and tie but put me in a sexy dress and I am flying high in a crossdressers world! That is why I crossdress because it makes me feel fantastic!

emmi

When I'm in male mode especially going to work or at a formal function I love a suit and tie. But that's also the reason I love crossdressing. One is the complete opposite of the other. It's the ability to be able to change between the two that charges me up. Pity those poor male souls who are too hung up to put a dress on, make up, heels etc. They are the misguided ones.

I also like :drink:

carrie-ann
09-01-2009, 06:15 AM
I love all things about being a lady. I have always loved it. Never have I liked the male stigma for those that do its fine for you. I have never felt that at all and don't like it at all. I would preffer being a lady full time witch I am now I love it it feels so wright. I'm lucky I have a wife that supports me 100%. I'm also bi and have a boyfriend that is a cd too. My wife knows her and they realy like each other. So for me its all things female Its just natural for me.

susan fuller
09-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Because I love being a girl and feel pretty in dresses. I have felt I should have been a girl from an early age. I feel better and love life more as a girl.

Jenny Gurl
09-01-2009, 08:34 PM
I have read a lot of posts on the topic, and it seems we are born with this desire. Considering the world we live in is not very understanding of men dressing as women, we must be born with it. Many have purged their closets and tried to stop, but seem to get the urge back even stronger.

Lilith Moon
09-02-2009, 05:34 AM
After decades of beating myself up with "Why, oh why" questions that will never be answered I decided (with some input from my SO) to just get the hell on with it and enjoy this extra dimension to my person.

Nowadays I don't give a sh*t why I like to do it and life seems much kinder :D

Raychel
09-02-2009, 05:53 AM
Nowadays I don't give a sh*t why I like to do it and life seems much kinder :D

This pretty much says it for me too, Just because that is what I like to do.

Satin_Lover_13
09-18-2009, 07:30 PM
I like to see after I am in a dating relationship. My need is the emotional connection missing from a woman.

madison lee
09-18-2009, 07:54 PM
I posted this on another thread that asks the same question.

Why is water wet and the sky blue? It just is. My reasons are myriad. I enjoy pushing boundries. I enjoy the feel, the look, and the mindset of crossdressing. I like to emulate women. I like to think of myself as a woman when dressed like one. It makes me feel giddy inside. It makes me feel good. I also get sexual gratification from it. Why? I don't know. I may get slammed for the rest of this post but oh well...its what I believe and feel to be true.

I believe that all of humanity is slowly but surely headed to the place where a persons gender does not matter. Where what a person wears does not matter. We as crossdressers just got there a little bit before everyone else. I think that Crossdressers are what was originally intended when humanity was created.

I believe we are the best of both worlds. We have both male and female instincts, (or try to anyway) and feelings. We have a mind that trys to encompass both sides of humanity. Are we perfect at it? No. But we TRY. I believe that women have already achieved this state, where they are able to express both masculine and feminine traits. Women already wear what was once considered masculine clothing. Does that make them crossdressers? No. It makes them WHOLE people.

I think that crossdressers are just men that are trying to get in balance with our true selves the way we were meant to be. A whole person. Able to be feminine and masculine in one body (except for the obvious bodily differences). But I am talking about the mental aspects of this. Boys are programmed differently than girls are. Society says boys act this way and girls you act that way.

But what would happen if kids were raised without the restrictions on gender differences that society puts on everyone? What would happen if a little boy expressed the desire to wear a dress to school instead of pants and was allowed to do so without anyone making fun or punishing him because thats only for little girls? He might just grow up to be a well rounded individual. I think that our world would be a different, BETTER place. Would it solve all of the worlds problems? No. But it would possibly help to make it a more tolerant one.

My love, hugs and kisses to all my sisters and, just as importantly, to all the women and Significant Others who have shown us the way to be a whole person and support us. They are the embodiment of all that we struggle and strive to achieve and be.

So I say Thank you Ladies, for being a bright and shining example to us.

Madison

Rebecca Jayne
09-18-2009, 09:35 PM
I was told it was wrong
I liked it
They said I shouldn't
I did it anyway
You will be laughed at
I'm the one laughing now
You will be labels different

And?

What else is new.
I do it for me, that all.
I guess I'm selfish.

Kelly Greene
09-18-2009, 10:05 PM
because my high heels go better with a blouse and skirt than with my male tee shirt and jeans

Electra
09-19-2009, 04:15 AM
I crossdress simply because I like the feel, look and variety of feminine clothes. When I am completely in fem mode with makeup, wig and all that I want to pass as a female but I don't actually want to be a woman in this life.

Greymancd
09-19-2009, 07:58 AM
I want to look pretty

Paula Siemen
09-19-2009, 08:08 AM
What else would I do with all the dresses, lingerie and heels I've bought? They're too big for my wife. It's a tough job, but someone has to wear them!!!:D

Jilmac
09-19-2009, 08:11 AM
I crossdress simply because I love it!:love:

I bookmarked the page as well:)

Satin_Lover_13
10-14-2009, 08:00 PM
B-day this week. Alone so I am being held by satin. Slept a few times in a nite gown. I do anything for a soft, loving kiss from a woman.

BLUE ORCHID
10-14-2009, 08:24 PM
I didn't know I had a choice I thought it was something I had too do.
.................................................. ................thanks.......ORCHID

Rebecca Jayne
10-14-2009, 08:39 PM
I cross dress cause it the only gig right now. I wanted to be an astronaut but that pipe dream went down a black hole.

If men's fashions included Bras, panties , Petticoats, dresses, makeup, I'd be in like Flint.

kathleensatin
10-14-2009, 08:49 PM
I crossdress as a relief from stress. Once dressed, I find the clothing, especially the satin and nylon, envigorate and arrouse me. I usually relieve myself soon after, and then just wear the clothing until I have to remove it.

Kathleen

Aska
10-14-2009, 08:50 PM
It makes me feel sexy, and gets me away from my everyday role as the computer nerd that is seen as the one that can fix everything. It takes me to that place where my feelings can be released and I can be comfortable. I love to release my feminine side and allow myself to be who i am.

Satin_Lover_13
10-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I crossdress as a relief from stress. Once dressed, I find the clothing, especially the satin and nylon, envigorate and arrouse me. I usually relieve myself soon after, and then just wear the clothing until I have to remove it.

Kathleen

Satin makes me feel soft. Holds every part of my body in a tender way.

It makes me feel sexy, and gets me away from my everyday role as the computer nerd that is seen as the one that can fix everything. It takes me to that place where my feelings can be released and I can be comfortable. I love to release my feminine side and allow myself to be who i am.

Funny sometime at work I might say to myself (It feels like a soft night tonight because I need a cuddle)

sissystephanie
10-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Because I like to and can!! I could go into lengthy details like has already been done on this thread! But there is no need. My opening sentence says it all!!

Crissy Kay
10-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Its in our need to search for perfection!

Tina B.
10-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Because we can?
Tina

Shannoncder
10-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Can't say for sure why I do it. I don't mind a coat and tie sometimes
but I would love to go out in a dress other times.No matter what clothes the world sees
I know what's underneth.

kellycan27
10-15-2009, 12:15 AM
I really must be the weirdo on this site because I've seen this sentiment a couple of times on here, and I have to admit, I love a suit and tie! Maybe it's because I've grown up post Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction and stuff so when when I get kind of a "bad@$$" charge from it. I guess I also like moving along the spectrum, just because I do things that aren't traditionally masculine doesn't mean I don't like things that are. Mad Men is a great show for me because I find myself wanting to be dressed like all the characters. (aside from all the other reasons it's great.)

I love a suit and tie also.............on my big strong guy! :heehee:

Kiera79
10-15-2009, 12:48 AM
I wonder how many of us do it because we are physically feminine. It would be interesting to hear from someone who, like me, developed breasts at puberty and failed to develop down below normally. Everything is great when dressed as a girl but it is difficult to have sex satisfactorily. Any ideas?

I don't have problems i the sex or developmental areas but I think I grew breasts a little for some odd reason. I can fit a 34B pretty well. I do it because I feel free while doing it, and the material just feels awesome. It lets air through and everything.

äna
10-15-2009, 05:15 AM
well... i dont know cause it feel right i think. and makes us feel comfortable..

ArleneRaquel
10-15-2009, 05:44 AM
Because its the progressive thing to do. :battingeyelashes:

JoAnne Wheeler
10-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Why? Answer: "Because"

JoAnne Wheeler

mklinden2010
10-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Why do men crossdress?

Duh. Pleasure principle.

People tend to seek pleasure and avoid pain.

The only real pain in crossdressing is someone coming along to spoil the fun.

Meanwhile, no one mentions that women enjoy the look and feel of "their" clothes - often very much.

Is there some reason panties aren't made of carpet material? It can be sure absorbent. It can be super stain proof. It can be...

Well, never mind, it feels and looks awful to wear "carpet briefs." OK, I haven't tried it, but it seems like a bad idea.

Many women enjoy dressing up - either for work or play. Some get bored with it, or, never get much out of it (You can't hide a watermelon in a briefcase.), can't afford it, or, whatever. But, even so, some kinds of women's clothes are designed to appeal to the senses and to flatter the wearer in many ways.

Why do men crossdress? For many of the same reasons women wear the same clothes.

Does it have to be any more than that?

Can't we all just get along?

angpai30
10-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Its like asking why did the chicken cross the road? The obvious answer is to get to the other side, but who knows maybe he heard of a good thai resteraunt on the other side?

Hannah~~

victoriamwilliams1
10-15-2009, 01:37 PM
For me it is a couple of reasons an done is to remove myself from the stress in my life and the other reason is that at times I just feel more comfortable as a women even when I have to do research for work I at times will do it as a woman as well as I do most of my shopping or house errands as a woman.

Thats just my reasons.

terry29
10-15-2009, 03:00 PM
because stockings, panties and a skirt feel so much better that slacks and boxer briefs... the heels look better that loafers too... those, and sooooo many other reasons :)

SuzyZahn
10-15-2009, 03:01 PM
For the pure pleasure,and feelings of what sexy is all about!!

Rianna Humble
10-15-2009, 04:19 PM
I guess we're all different.

In the beginning, I did it because I thought I could shame myself out of wanting to dress in women's clothes.

Later I did it because I liked the feel of my new clothes.

Now I do it because I don't feel right unless I can cross-dress.

I am stil constrained by circumstances to appear in drab more often than not, but at least I can wear my clothes and my jewellery underneath.

There is nothing sexual about my desire to wear dresses, skirts etc. and the jury is still out on whether I really want to go the whole way and become transgendered.

For the moment, I will just be content to learn to love myself more than I had previously done without causing unnecessary offence to those around me.

Satin_Lover_13
10-15-2009, 07:37 PM
If I had to choose what would it be?
A. $1,000,000.
B. To crossdress all I want.
C. To find a SO with a $1,000,000 and lets me crossdress.

P.S. I know you want C and it is a fun pick but if you choose C you must pick A or B with it.

Brenda456
10-15-2009, 09:00 PM
I love soft pretty clothes.

I AM Medoro
10-16-2009, 09:06 AM
I have dressed for many years now and time is running out to enjoy life the way it should be enjoyed. I dress because I like the freedom of choice and the feel of clothes primarilary worn by woman. I am not trying to be a girl, I am Me. My wife loves me more I think because I came out of the closet many years ago and was honest with my feeling to her. I love my dresses and skirts, wear them as much as possible and feel good about myself too.
Why can't men wear skirts or dresses any way.. Women wear pants, suits and ties. No body calls them crossdressers...
I am Medoro.
( Me-Doro'thy):love::love::love:

Shari
10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
I believe it's rooted in a need.

We need to do this.

There are various underlying reasons, but the need is what makes us do it.

It's that simple.

PatriciaT
10-16-2009, 10:30 AM
I just remember looking at women and girls when I was very young and saying to myself that I wanted to be just like them. It made me feel normal.

I have seen a lot of reasons for why men cross dress in this thread. Sure it feels good and is fun, in a sense, but this comment perhaps is the main reason I have been interested in cross dressing ever since I can remember.

One more reason, especially recently, is that it feels so natural and right. Why is it "cross dressing"? It's more like just dressing at this point.

Rianna Humble
10-16-2009, 10:34 AM
If I had to choose what would it be?
A. $1,000,000.
B. To crossdress all I want.
C. To find a SO with a $1,000,000 and lets me crossdress.

P.S. I know you want C and it is a fun pick but if you choose C you must pick A or B with it.

Afraid I would choose A because then I could do B and not worry about what people said

Carly D.
10-17-2009, 08:47 PM
I have the answer to stop someone (me ) from cross dressing and that is kill him (me) because that is the only way to truly stop this urge.. sounds drastic but the truth is if you love the guy and support him.. don't try to stop him.. I can't see that it would be a harmful thing to be with a cross dresser and in fact it might be sort of fun.. you could shop together.. the guy knows how long it takes to get ready to go out so he might be more apt to understand womens needs more..

Yvonne York
10-18-2009, 04:25 AM
Because it makes me feel good, and my wife encourages me. Not for any other reason.

Nadia-Maria
10-18-2009, 04:30 AM
Why is the sky blue?

This is a good question, and science has already given the adequate response since a long time.

Please refer for instance to :

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_the_sky_blue

"Why do men cross dress?" is a much more difficult question to answer.
Of course one can try to devalorize the question, to avoid looking for a really intelligent answer.

Fab Karen
10-18-2009, 04:43 AM
See post #23

Oh and is there a logical answer to why some people love broccoli? Of course there's a simple answer for people who love lima beans: they're perverts.:)

Jonianne
10-18-2009, 06:40 AM
For me, I crossdress because I want to identify "with" females even though I identify "as" a male.

If you enjoy a particular profession, you like to dress for that profession, ie police, fireman, nurse etc. If you love a particular sport or team, you wear items relating to that sport or team. To identify "with" doesn't mean you are going to join the NFL or whatever, just that you attach yourself to the idea.

Crossdressing is the same for me. I love the gentle, nonagressive, kind spirit that is attached to the feminine and I want to wear things that identify me to them in that way.

sometimes_miss
10-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Why? Brought up to believe I was supposed to be a girl, I patiently waited for god to correct his mistake. I thought at puberty I would become a woman like all the rest of the girls. I'm still waiting. So, part of me feels I should be dressed as one, and when I'm dressed as a girl that's the only time I feel 'normal'. It's when I'm dressed as a guy that I feel like I'm not being who I'm supposed to be.

Jaclyn NM
10-19-2009, 02:27 PM
I really enjoyed the article, especially the part about if crossdressing is a sexual perversion. When I first started crossdressing at the ripe old age of six, I didn't know what sex was, but I knew I loved my mom's clothing.

tricia_uktv
10-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Do I?

Satin_Lover_13
10-24-2009, 01:45 PM
well... i dont know cause it feel right i think. and makes us feel comfortable..

There are times while I am working I start to crave satin when I get home. To destress

For the pure pleasure,and feelings of what sexy is all about!!

Sometimes I feel femme but mostly it is being kissed by satin.

Afraid I would choose A because then I could do B and not worry about what people said

A for me. I could get out and do FUN things !!!!!!!!

samanthatiedup
10-24-2009, 03:21 PM
I love the softness and the way womens cloths feel.Women have it really made with all the clothing they have to chose from. For me it brings out the feminine part of me.

Satin_Lover_13
10-31-2009, 01:20 PM
I love the softness and the way womens cloths feel.Women have it really made with all the clothing they have to chose from. For me it brings out the feminine part of me.

To me being wrapped in satin is like being in a womens arms.

charlytuna
10-31-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't know why [ my wife ask me this question sever times ] and I still don't know what to say but It's something I enjoy in doning

Satin_Lover_13
10-31-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't know why [ my wife ask me this question sever times ] and I still don't know what to say but It's something I enjoy in doning

Does she support you?

Satin_Lover_13
11-22-2009, 12:08 AM
I dress to feel loved, wamted, soft, and to be cuddled.