PDA

View Full Version : To the mall and beyond (what a week!)

JiveTurkeyOnRye
08-30-2009, 02:18 AM
I went to the mall today (Saturday) dressed! Was there with a GG friend for well over an hour and was treated great, just like any other customer. Then we went and grabbed a quick lunch at a Charley's Grilled Subs. I was actually dressed more en femme than I prefer, but I'm actually doing an article for a magazine I freelance for where I'm going to different places dressed up to see how I'm treated, sort of the crossdresser's equivalent of Tyra Banks in her fat suit. When I first discussed the idea with my editor he knew a little bit about my crossdressing, but he told me today (he's my GG friend's boyfriend) that he didn't know how into it I was till he saw my comedy show on weds. (See thread "In a microphone even.") Though, I actually don't know what he thought I meant by crossdressing before, when we first discussed the article and he was like "It'd be an outsiders perspective on the experience" and I was like "Well, not that outside, I mean I do crosdress."

After the mall, we went back to my friend's palce so I could change. I had grabbed some stuff from the trunk of my car, but I had left my male jeans in the trunk cause my hands were full and I figured I could go back for them. Anyway, after I took off my bra and wig and makeup, I slipped my t-shirt back on and I looked at myself in one of her mirrors as I was heading back down the stairs and out towards my car to put stuff away. I was still wearing my skirt and boots (which I just bought yesterday and LOVE (http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?skuId=072025055&productId=65565&subCatId=cat10045&catId=cat10088&lotId=072025&category=&catdisplayName=Womens+)) but otherwise wasn't trying to look like anything other than a guy. I thought I looked great and my GG friend agreed. With the newfound confidence I have after my show on weds, I decided "what the heck?" and spent the rest of the day in that outfit.

Activities done whilst dressed as today though include writing a coffee shop where I'm a regular, eating ice cream while walking around a row of shops, going to see Taking Woodstock at the movie theater, doing a little browsing in Barnes and Noble and Old Navy before the movie started, and even hanging out with some friends for some nerding out later on, most of whom knew I liked skirts but had never seen me wear one in public.

Kim_Bitzflick
08-30-2009, 02:55 PM
That's great.

I'd love to see your article when it comes out. What magazine?

JiveTurkeyOnRye
08-30-2009, 02:58 PM
It's a local magazine here in columbus. I'll try to post a link it it online when it prints.