PDA

View Full Version : Do you become feminine when you dress?

Lucy Long Legs
08-31-2009, 05:59 PM
I wonder how many of us change characters when we dress. I find my state of mind changes completely and I think different thoughts and, apparently, my voice changes without my being aware. Any thoughts?
Lucy

Barbara Dugan
08-31-2009, 06:18 PM
I do in a way that sometimes freak me up:hugs:

Alice B
08-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Without question I do. What's the point id I can't try to be as female as possible.

Lucy Long Legs
08-31-2009, 06:23 PM
How does it freak you, Barbara?

Sherlyn
08-31-2009, 06:30 PM
I become a high maintenance ...pouty redhead ...:D

AllieSF
08-31-2009, 06:32 PM
I just freel great when I dress. I do adapt a few feminine mannerisms, but really do not try to force them on myself. I try to walk with smaller steps, keep my back straight, shoulders back try to sit properly with my knees together and look people in the eyes. I also keep moving the hair out of my eyes, which I do not consider so feminine and more a matter of necessity to be able to see and eat. I have found that it is easier to drive slower (most of the time), listen to classical music while driving, take each moment as it comes and just go more with the flow than before. Yeah, it is definitely working on me.

jessicacd43
08-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Yes in every way possible.

SweetCaroline
08-31-2009, 06:51 PM
No, since that would imply that I was masculine to begin with. LOL!

Seriously, when I'm dressed, I'm a lot less shy and a lot more confident. I don't know if that translates into "feminine", but it is who I really am.

DianneRoberts
08-31-2009, 06:51 PM
The whole world just feels RIGHT.
No pressures, no stress.......
The ultimate escape from all that is wrong.

But I also find that dressing is side-tracking me from things that I HAVE to get DONE.

I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.

But it's fun !!!!

sherri52
08-31-2009, 06:55 PM
I defenitely feel and walk differently but my voice doesn't change.

sherib
08-31-2009, 07:00 PM
Yes, I feel and walk feminine but I don't chance my voice and I don't act rediculest.

Wen4cd
08-31-2009, 07:09 PM
I become more masculine, and find myself breaking stallions, flying fighter jets, and getting greasy under the hood of my sweet Iroc-z while drinking burboun and gutting bears I brought down with my bowie knife...

OF COURSE I become more feminine! LULZORZ

Barbara Dugan
08-31-2009, 07:12 PM
How does it freak you, Barbara?

Yes freak me up and scare me the way it becomes so easy and natural that my male side kind of disappear on those moments:hugs:

Wen4cd
08-31-2009, 07:16 PM
Yes freak me up and scare me the way it becomes so easy and natural that my male side kind of disappear on those moments:hugs:

Yeah, but you might say that it's exactly what those moments are for. :D

Jessica Who
08-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Not really, I think that I used to but after some serious personal reflection I decided that it just wasn't me. I fall somewhere in between masculine and feminine so I am just myself no matter how I'm dressed. :D

I guess I could be described as a bit of a tomboy ;)

windycissy
08-31-2009, 07:22 PM
I sure hope so...a nice, long transformation always helps, someone once said it's hard for a guy to act like a guy once his fingernails have a coat of polish on them, and the same goes for wearing a skirt and walking in heels, dontcha think?

vikki2020
08-31-2009, 07:24 PM
That's the point of all that work, at least for me:battingeyelashes: Whole 'nother me out for some air!

Tora
08-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Like Windy, I sure hope so. As male I am no lumber jack, but I strive to move and exibit a femme appearance.

ashcrimson
08-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Wen that was funny.

As for me, I dont think theres a difference, Im the way I am no matter what outfit Im on. As for what I am like, Im not sure really if I am feminine. Somehow Im not sure what feminine is like anymore really.

suchacutie
08-31-2009, 07:41 PM
When in drab (redundant?), I'm masculine. I look masculine, I act masculine, and I'm my wife's husband, without a doubt (ask her, she'll tell you!). His baritone voice is clearly male. He is right handed.

Tina, on the other hand, is a high-maintenance blonde with a sexy walk who is always in heels. The wife of the man in drab is Tina's girlfriend. The conversation is gf/gf, not husband/wife. Tina's voice has no bass at all. Tina is left handed. Conversations of husband and wife happen again between girlfriends because it is expected that Tina will have different opinions, and she does (ok, we find that bizarre too, but it's true!).

The point is that inside of the masculine husband there was a feminine creature that we named Tina, and the whole point was to NOT cross the boundries. The husband/wife duo needs to stay intact, from our perspective, and we believe that there is a difference between the masculine and feminine perspectives on the world. Sure there are some agreements, but the process of growing up in most instances provides different experiences for boys and girls, and they are lasting experiences! Tina is working hard to learn what she never learned as a boy growing up, and her girlfriend is helping her do just that. In drab we talk about Tina, in drag we talk about her husband! Just that set of conversations and perspectives has opened our eyes about each other and about relationships!

Viva la difference!

Tina!

JiveTurkeyOnRye
08-31-2009, 10:59 PM
For me i might behave a little different, but not any more different than how one might behave at work versus how one might behave when out with friends. In both cases I'm still myself, I'm just acting as to the situation.

The whole idea of having different thoughts and being a different person gives me the heebie jeebies.

Miranda09
08-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Absolutely...almost like looking at a completely different person. The transformation can be really amazing!!! :)

Aubrey Green
08-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Yes, but not a limp wristed sissy-girl, very feminine though. It makes me feel right.

vivianann
08-31-2009, 11:15 PM
most definately. not only am I more feminine, my confidence level goes way up.

Lisa Renee
08-31-2009, 11:18 PM
Yes I am different when in fem. I feel different I look different. And I have been told by a very dear GG friend and one of my daughters that I am different, I think and act like a woman

kellycan27
08-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Yes, but not a limp wristed sissy-girl, very feminine though. It makes me feel right.

Limp wristed sissy girl? :heehee:

Monica93304
08-31-2009, 11:30 PM
My mannerisms change because i feel free. I don't really change my voice, but I try to speak a bit softer. I also smile more and feel more confident.

Aubrey Green
08-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Limp wristed sissy girl? :heehee:

Yes Kelly, think more Devil wears Prada!
:daydreaming:

kellycan27
08-31-2009, 11:45 PM
Yes Kelly, think more Devil wears Prada!
:daydreaming:

Oh,ok... gotcha ;)

mona lisa
09-01-2009, 02:14 AM
I find that I think and even to a certain extent act more consciously and unconsciously feminine when dolled/dressed up than I do ordinarily.

Kara Connor
09-01-2009, 02:20 AM
My wife has only seen me dressed a few times, but tells me that my mannerisms change to be feminine when I am. I don't consciously try to do that, other than keeping my legs crossed when sitting whilst wearing a skirt, or adjusting my hair out of my eyes. I have noticed that I do have a straighter posture, and move my hands in a more femine way. I also tend to just feel very happy, and simultaneously excited but relaxed, if that isn't a contradiction (or even if it is :))

Ladyvixen
09-01-2009, 03:06 AM
I think everyone becomes a bit more feminine when they dress otherwise what's the point of doing so? Unless you just want attention like a random guy who wears pink dresses in the downtown area where I live... :S

Lucy Long Legs
09-01-2009, 03:08 AM
When in drab (redundant?), I'm masculine. I look masculine, I act masculine, and I'm my wife's husband, without a doubt (ask her, she'll tell you!). His baritone voice is clearly male. He is right handed.

Tina, on the other hand, is a high-maintenance blonde with a sexy walk who is always in heels. The wife of the man in drab is Tina's girlfriend. The conversation is gf/gf, not husband/wife. Tina's voice has no bass at all. Tina is left handed. Conversations of husband and wife happen again between girlfriends because it is expected that Tina will have different opinions, and she does (ok, we find that bizarre too, but it's true!).

The point is that inside of the masculine husband there was a feminine creature that we named Tina, and the whole point was to NOT cross the boundries. The husband/wife duo needs to stay intact, from our perspective, and we believe that there is a difference between the masculine and feminine perspectives on the world. Sure there are some agreements, but the process of growing up in most instances provides different experiences for boys and girls, and they are lasting experiences! Tina is working hard to learn what she never learned as a boy growing up, and her girlfriend is helping her do just that. In drab we talk about Tina, in drag we talk about her husband! Just that set of conversations and perspectives has opened our eyes about each other and about relationships!

Viva la difference!

Tina!

That is such a great answer, Tina and very helpful for me and probably lots of others too. It is very difficult for our SOs to cope with us when we are in female mode, but separating the two like that is really sensible. This could be life-changing for me. Thank you. Lucy

KELLYANN
09-01-2009, 03:53 AM
of course. walking,talking,gestures,mannerisms like to be a girl too! not just dress the part. feel so good when i'm a girl. :cheer::jumping::jumping:

Georgia Rose
09-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Yes I do. The way I walk, sit,eat are all different. My wife says my attitude is different when I'm dressed. More caring, considerate etc. I certainly feel different when dressed. The only thing I don't seem to be able to change is my voice.

I have noticed that if someone phones when I'm dressed I immediately revert back to my male self whilst on the phone but back to female once the call is finished. Split personality?

Barbara918
09-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Except for being more outgoing, I don't think I behave any differently. I sorta get a kick seeing someone's face when they suddenly realize I'm not a woman.

carrie-ann
09-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Work in process. My walking is getting a lot better. My voice is loud and strong so I'm tring to lighten it up. I'm always in a hurry for no good reason so I have to slow down when I walk. I work around loud things so its realy hard to lighten up the voice but like I said i'm getting better.

Chrissie P
09-01-2009, 06:44 AM
Definitely. My mannerisms change, my walk is different, my voice does not change but gets softer. I actually FEEL like a woman since I do so many things to be womanly such as shaving, manicures, makeup, hair, etc. The physical things combined with my change in attitude make me feel very womanly.

Sometimes I get a little moody and short, usually with a man if I don't get my way.

Nicole Brown
09-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Oh yes, As soon as the panties go on I begin feeling, thinking and acting like Nicole. Then I continue feeling, thinking and acting more and more feminine as I continue dressing, putting my makeup on and fixing my hair. The final femininity comes as I lift my head and spray my perfume on.

Nicole

Angelofsomekind
09-01-2009, 06:52 AM
I didn't think I did, but my wife says I'm a bit sassier.

susan fuller
09-01-2009, 08:12 AM
My SO and I both feel that I become femine wen I am fully dresed. I fel pretty and a lot more at ease. I love and havve always felt femine when dressed. I dress mostly in dreses and blouse and skirt sets. I refer a dress to pants when dressing femine. My So says I act calmer and more gentle when dressed. I feel that dressing enfemme releives a lot of stress and I am more myself. I would dress 24/7 if it wasn't for society's look on it. LOVE being a girl!

Heather Daniels
09-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Oh my gosh....YES, everything about me changes once I slip into feminine clothes. Mannerisms, thinking, everything becomes completely femme about me when dressed.

TGMarla
09-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Sure. When I'm not dressed, I don't feel free to be or act feminine (much), so when I'm dressed, it's rather liberating. I can act any way I see fit. And I enjoy being feminine. But I don't do so to the point of nausea. I just act normal. Funny thing, though....both male-mode and female-mode seem "normal" to me, yet one is distinctly more feminine than the other. Yet neither is overtly one way or the other.

Deborah Jane
09-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Apparently according to higher sources [Sheila] I stay pretty much the same, albeit with a tendancy to wiggle my butt when dressed :)

kristinacd55
09-01-2009, 09:28 AM
No doubt about it, and confirmed by my wife the other night when I was playing dress up....:heehee:

Kerigirl2009
09-01-2009, 09:59 AM
ABSOLUTELY I know that when I am en femme I walk, sit, talk and just feel girly, I love that feeling which is probably the main reason I dress, To feel like a woman on the inside as well as look like a woman on the outside. My wife has not ween me dressed but I would love to get her opinion some day soon:)

MichelleP
09-01-2009, 11:33 AM
I think that most folks would say I'm fairly effeminate most of the time. Dressing always brings out the best in me - so I've been told. And for whatever that means. Anyway, yes, I would think that my femininity is heightened when I'm dressed.

Michelle

Veronica75
09-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I change completely, and love it. As said above, it's the whole point of dressing for me.

Angelofsomekind
09-01-2009, 12:27 PM
I also tend to have far better posture when dressed.

Josephine 1941
09-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi Lucy, Yes I am a different person. Last night when I was in Jo mode my GG an I were talking. She has had a bad couple of wks. Her sons wife, long story. When things come up that upset her she needs her girl friend JO to talk too girl talk. I am a older Cd 68 but in JO mode look in my 50's . Well as we talked she said to me you shape shift, I look at her an ask what. She said that she looks at me an see's a women . I said I have a strange feeling that my man hood is no longer there and the breast are my own. I have been a CD for so long that I don't even think of my self in both modes at the same time. I have been doing the dressing for so long that I have both a male an female person. I am lucky in that we have been to P town 3 different time for a wk or more. Key West as we live in Flordia an its only 3 hrs a way buy high speed ferry. I have gone too a few bars with my GG here in Fl an in CT were i am from org. I have learned to put my make up on that I my face looks very girlish . I have real good wigs that my GG helped with , I wear size 16 cloth GG dose too and 10 1/2 shoe also GG size so all in all I have a very great life . The shape shifting is something new to me so I am going to read up on it . JOsephine :daydreaming::cute::jumping::lol::stirthepot::awe: :hf::jump:

Jaclyn NM
09-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I definitely become more feminine in my manner and thoughts when I'm dressed. And I feel so much more comfortable.

Crysten
09-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Sure, what everone else said.

Sometimes more than others, depending on the situation.

Occasionally, it's nice to feel (and act) all girly.

And occasionally, it's nice to just get comfy in skirt and blouse.

Marcia Blue
09-01-2009, 05:31 PM
I feel very fem when dressed, my posture is better. This could be caused by my corset though. My mannerisms are fem. My confidence level really does not change. I am working on my voice, but it always has been a little softer when dressed.

Frédérique
09-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Do you become feminine when you dress?

My first thought would be to say “of course,” I mean, why else would you do it? But, since I don’t really know what it’s truly like to be female, I would say, more accurately, that I become less male when I dress. The more extensive the dressing is, the more feminine I feel, according to my own definition of femininity, of course. Your results may vary…

susiegrl19
09-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I definitely become more feminine with the exception of my voice. Just can't get that part right.

dana55
09-01-2009, 06:39 PM
oh absolutely girl ! i become a woman and talk with a ghier pitches voice, walk different. i feel so sexy and free...i love it girl!

danacd96
09-02-2009, 12:06 AM
When dressed my female personna definately takes over. I become very feminine. I feel much more relaxed and love the feeling of surrendering the male ego. My sensitivity to my surroundings is much greater and generally feel totally energized. :):):)

Joann0830
09-02-2009, 12:11 AM
I sure hope so...a nice, long transformation always helps, someone once said it's hard for a guy to act like a guy once his fingernails have a coat of polish on them, and the same goes for wearing a skirt and walking in heels, dontcha think?

In the immortal words of a wise woman Windy Cissy I sure do even my voice
Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

prene
09-02-2009, 03:19 AM
I feel sometimes like I am a GG or what I feel one should feel like.

I want to experience everything.

Never mind . . . I should stop here.

Am I the only one?

mindfulperson
09-02-2009, 03:53 AM
well when i dress i definitely feel like a girl but i feel less stressed. Becoming rebecca makes the day feel so much better and i feel so comfortable in my womens clothing.

carhill2mn
09-02-2009, 03:47 PM
For me this is sort of "Duh" question. When I am en femme I try my very best to act like a lady at all times. This includes, manner of talking, walking, sitting, eating, conversing, responding to another, movements, etc.

urmilaaa2008
09-03-2009, 03:04 AM
there is no change in voice. but some mannerisms, like walking, standing and sitting definately change. as for as other changes like being considerate patient, sympathysing with others and being emotional and not trying to hide them - these things have become permanent part of me after i started cding, weather i am dressed or not.

glynnis
09-03-2009, 10:28 AM
My wife I definitely do change for the better.I know that I get very sexual when dressed.Maybe thats why she encourages me.:D

JenniferOC
09-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Yes, in many many ways....:-)

docrobbysherry
09-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Wait, YES! In my DREAMS!:doh:

stefanie
09-03-2009, 11:29 PM
OMG, like totally completely!!! lol

i was just thinking about this the other week....how much more different i am. Feels natural and yet strange how i just flow with the role.

In fact, i see my male side becoming more and more accepting of my femme habits.....and I like it.

Julie513
09-04-2009, 12:21 AM
I definitely feel like I change. I'm a little late to this thread, and so much has already been stated, but one thing I gathered from reading the replies that I totally agree with is the feeling that I become more relaxed when dressed. It just feels completely right for me, and therefore it is easier to become what I feel inside. That happy and relaxed feeling breeds confidence and brings to life the true aspects of my personality that are sometimes just below the surface while going about my business in drab.

Julie

Jenniferpl
09-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Of course I do. That is why it is so much fun. I change in so many ways, I would take way too much time to describe them all.

ClaudiaDawn
09-04-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't notice it too much, and that is kind of scary, but my fiancee says I do change a lot: mannerisms, voice, etc. She even say that she can tell whether I was dressing or not when I write posts to this forum just by reading the post, apparently the way I express myself also changes. Weird, but fun.

Hugs,
Claudia Dawn

sonjazi
09-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Even my hand gestures become more feminine! I can't help it.

Lucy_W
09-04-2009, 06:40 PM
I wonder how many of us change characters when we dress. I find my state of mind changes completely and I think different thoughts and, apparently, my voice changes without my being aware. Any thoughts?
Lucy

Wow, I absolutely love your username, wish I'd thought of it! :thumbsup:

As for me, on the times I've dressed up (quite infrequent so far - that will change!) there has been a bit of a change. One time I was dressed for a play with a couple of other guys and we cuddled up for a photo beforehand and all really got into the performance actually. Though probably much more in my case!

The brief times since that I've been able to wear heels have definitely made me fall under the femme spell. Among them a difference to my walk and much more ladylike mannerisms, but I never really worked much on a voice. I can't wait to get all dressed up again! :<3:

PhillyGuy2Girl
09-04-2009, 08:42 PM
When I'm in guy mode,totally masculine,but when I get dressed femme my feminine side comes out.The way I walk, talk and make hand gestures like a woman. When I have a few beers or a couple of glasses of wine,it really comes out and I'm a chatty Cathy.My wife will say,"It looks like my dear wife Felicity is out".She loves it.

Felicity

gwen2009
09-04-2009, 08:51 PM
I would say Yes. When I put on a pair of heels, I take smaller steps, swing my hips a little more, and just feel sexier. But maybe that is just me actually expressing what I am feeling, because when I often find myself checking out a GG along with the thoughts of "Hey she looks great" I also have "and wow I love those shoes and that skirt, I wonder where she got them.":D

Carrie R
09-04-2009, 09:23 PM
I don't think I change at all, I don't magically change into a woman when I'm dressed. I sure look better though! :D
Maybe if I had friends over to see me, they might feel differently.

TJ Tresa
09-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Well yes it is what we do. I mean if we dress to some extent we have put on the roll of femininity, thus we change into a feminine us. Now I don't mean that we change and want to do everything that women do, and I'm not saying that we all start talking like a female, or have desires to be with a man or anyting like that. I am saying that as Crossdressers we put on our other side, we are still the same person but different clothes.
Now with all that said let me also say this. I do not try to talk more feminine, nor do I intentionally try to do anything more feminine, however I will admit that when I am dressed I enjoy getting in the kitchen and cooking dinner for my wife, or cleaning the house or other, so called "Women's work". I don't consider myself a chovenist, (that ain't spelled right is it,LOL) but that is what I think, and feel. I appologize if I have offended anyone, especially any GG's. I have the deepest regard for women a more respect for the crap they go through than any male, or crossdresser. Just my .02 worth.

Stacye Rose
09-04-2009, 10:11 PM
This one is short answer:

Yes, somewhat, but not near as much as I would like.:2c:

Megan70
09-04-2009, 10:15 PM
No I don't.

Glenda58
09-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Yes and younger one at that. Why would you dress in womens cloths and act like a man?

cindybabe
09-05-2009, 09:32 AM
yes,absolutely everything male about me disappears when i am dressed and the feminine side takes over

Lucy Long Legs
09-05-2009, 10:43 AM
It's fascinating to see all the different replies to my original question. They range from "yes, everything about me changes" to "no, not at all - I don't become a woman simply by putting a dress on". There were a couple of prickly answers too which made me wonder what's going on there...
I liked the "shape changing" one. I recognise that too. My male parts almost disappear physically and certainly mentally. It's like I've never had any. But I can still have a good time like that...!
More answers please.
Lucy

JenniferZ2009
09-05-2009, 01:05 PM
It makes me feel different. I find myself moving different and even thinking different. When I am on a web chat thing If i am all dressed up including wig and makeup I have totally different mannerisms.

This is why I hat anything "male" on me when I dress comfortably. Like this morning I woke up feeling like a woman and then I felt my facial hair and was ubruptly snapped back to reality. Ouch!

Joanne Curl
09-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Absolutely! When I'm Joanne, I'm Joanne! I think this is what attracts me to crossdressing. I have this feminine part of me that needs to be expressed. I'm in a very male dominated industry and I'm very very male both at work and at home. When I get the chance to be Joanne, I become her. I see things differently, relate to things differently and love being a woman. I like being a guy and wouldn't give that up but I also like being feminine and pretty, even if I'm not the cute young thing I once was!

Laciegurl
09-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Oh yes. I become a perky blonde and seem to float accross the room. My wife gets a giggle sometimes when I innadvertently do something totally girly and unexpected. I just feel so free to exspress myself as a real woman when dressed. I guess cause with my job and most people around me I feel I have to be macho man most of the time. It's just nice to let the real me out.

Lucy Long Legs
09-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Absolutely! When I'm Joanne, I'm Joanne! I think this is what attracts me to crossdressing. I have this feminine part of me that needs to be expressed. I'm in a very male dominated industry and I'm very very male both at work and at home. When I get the chance to be Joanne, I become her. I see things differently, relate to things differently and love being a woman. I like being a guy and wouldn't give that up but I also like being feminine and pretty, even if I'm not the cute young thing I once was!

I like this answer!
Lucy

stever1958
09-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Girl when I get dolled up it makes me "feel like a woman" I love it!

Debbie new
09-05-2009, 04:13 PM
My partner has said i adopt female characteristics and become calmer, i think if i spend a time getting femmed up, as well as looking femmine i should have femmine traits.

Marisa_M
09-05-2009, 08:06 PM
I not only become more feminine when I dress.
I feel I am really a woman and I love it.

mona lisa
09-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Particularly if I remove body hair and have make-up on. Basically, the more I look like a :doll: in how I am dressed and how look, the less male I think and feel :daydreaming:

susan lewis
09-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I totally change when dressed and made up, i find myself female in every way and that includes dating men, i am always amazed this happens but i love it

vjaducd
09-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Yes,
I also do feel feminine while dressed ,I love lipstick , My heart beats increases heavily & I want to love,hugg ,kiss to a c.d. freind ^ vice versa to lend my love in anticipation.

jenna_woods
09-06-2009, 06:10 PM
yes for sure, what's the point if I can't be as female as I can, my voice, thoughts, andactions and even as to what I will eat ween fully dressed changes and I love ever min of it.

Tina Marie
09-06-2009, 06:46 PM
More so since I just got my ears pirced. It just adds to the mood and look. I try to change my voice, still working on that. But for the most part, I feel more like Tina when dressed.

Cary
09-07-2009, 04:12 AM
Yes! I feel more relaxed and whole.

Faye56
09-07-2009, 04:16 AM
Certainly I do , from the change in how I move to the way I carry out daily tasks around the home. When enfemme I feel and move as a woman.

Krissie1962
09-07-2009, 07:56 AM
when I dress ,the smell of a bubble bath shower gel girly femmine smells makes me feel pretty.my male side would go nuts.when im feeling and sexie,im in control:)

victoriamwilliams1
09-07-2009, 08:38 AM
My mannerisms change because i feel free. I don't really change my voice, but I try to speak a bit softer. I also smile more and feel more confident.

Same with me too:)

I actually FEEL like a woman since I do so many things to be womanly such as shaving, manicures, makeup, hair, etc. The physical things combined with my change in attitude make me feel very womanly.

Sometimes I get a little moody and short, usually with a man if I don't get my way.

I do most of my errands as a woman:) I have not had that problem with men, however if I am overcharged as a woman I am more agressive when it comes to pricing.

Sure. When I'm not dressed, I don't feel free to be or act feminine (much), so when I'm dressed, it's rather liberating. I can act any way I see fit. And I enjoy being feminine. But I don't do so to the point of nausea. I just act normal. Funny thing, though....both male-mode and female-mode seem "normal" to me, yet one is distinctly more feminine than the other. Yet neither is overtly one way or the other.

I agree I feel normal in both modes.

Now my full answer:

Yes! When I am dressed I do not feel like a male and neither do I act like one. I used to think it was the dresses and skirts that made me feel that way till one day I tried the bare legged Capri look and I was still a woman. As a male I could not tell you how it feels to wear hose and when I look at my photos of me dresses as a woman I feel as if I am looking at someone else. A great confidence boost cam to me which surprised me was I have looked at photos of some of my family members and found that if I took a photo of all three of us next to each other with the same hair styles; we all look alike and they are GG's of course.

Monika G
09-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Absolutely, it is part of the illusion and the fun. So much of the thrill of CD is mental.

dennisGTS
09-08-2009, 12:23 PM
I believe I stay the same (personality wise) regardless of the clothes I wear...my wife sure doesn't say I act differently when dressed... The only thing I do differently is have a little more "sway" to the way I walk when dressed in womens clothes.

Wrenchette
09-09-2009, 02:01 AM

I can agree with this about myself too. :thumbsup:

Rebecca Jayne
09-09-2009, 09:24 PM
My feminine and masculine are intertwined so completely that I don't, albeit can't differentiate between the two. I have balance so each is enhanced because of it. Whether I am in a skirt, blouse and heels or a 3 piece suit I am the same. Its all good.

Valeriey4812
09-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Yes I become a totally different personality as Valerie ,but there have always been 2 people in this body

marny
09-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Not really. Still nasty...HEHH HEH HEH!!!

dragdoll
09-12-2009, 02:44 AM
yeah my whole mentality changes when i dress. the worst part is when i start to "come down" from it and go back to "normal".

lahila
09-12-2009, 02:58 AM
i cant say for sure, since i have only dressed by myself, but at least i do feel more feminine, and when i fantasy i do act feminine in my fantasy, lol

claire2454
09-12-2009, 03:05 AM
Hi Lucy
well i like to think my whole demur changes but like so meny other girls my voice doe's not change. :2c:

Kitty Sue
10-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Sometimes. All depends on the situation. When alone or in a romantic mood I am usually more feminine (at least in my opinion) than when out on the town. Perhaps my personal comfort level has something to do with this.

The last time I went out dressed I totally spoke in my male voice and had fun with it. A great time. I am trying to not take myself so seriously when enfemme. I want fun and pleasure to be my main goals.

I realize for some being as passable as possible is the main goal, and they probably get at least the same enjoyment I do. I think that is great for those girls. For me, at least for now, I have fun just in dressing and makeup. I love the reactions (mainly positive) I get. I find people are more receptive to me, when they can see I am not trying to hide who I am completely. I have been asked on a couple of occasions if I was on my way to a club to put on a show. I love that question. My usual reaction is "Nah, I am just out having fun. "

I have even been to an AA meeting dressed.

charlytuna
10-10-2009, 01:35 PM
I try to I do sit more femmine and I try to be more femmine in everything

Bethany_Anne_Fae
10-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Yes I do. I've been told by friends that the change is so vastly different at times. I know I feel better and more "normal & where I am supposed to be" when dressed.

Zarabeth

RachelRICD
10-10-2009, 02:11 PM
I absolutely do. Since I work as a woman, with women I have learned a lot about being feminine when dressed. Once I dress everything, except my voice becomes totally female. There is a total calm that takes over me and I realize this is where I belong. Were I younger I would have transitioned and been 24/7 but since I am not I enjoy it as much as possible. One of my workmates said to me in a conversation last week, "You're such a girl" The was one of the best complments I ever got.

Debbie new
10-10-2009, 02:52 PM
I feel and act feminine, when i become Debbie, my voice doesn't change though, not that i've noticed or my partner.

karen68
10-10-2009, 02:57 PM
most definately, all my male thoughts take a back seat I would love to be able to soften my voice and feminize it, then I would feel even sexier. I hold myself diferently and walk diferently.

glynnis
10-10-2009, 06:23 PM
When I become Glynnis instead Glyn my wife tells me I change for the better in her opinion.:o

Kate Simmons
10-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Probably but don't tell my feminine side I said that as she'd no doubt slug me. She tends to be somewhat of a tomboy and "woman's libber".:battingeyelashes::)

Holly
10-10-2009, 07:32 PM
I would have to answer no to the question... I don't really change. It's just that when I'm dressed in my pretty things, a different dimension o me is on display. Not unlike if I am wearing my grubbies working im the yard, you'll see the laborer me, or if I'm wearing casual clothing (of either gender) you'll see the relaxed me, and so on. Now if your asking if I carry myself differently, I would have to answer yes. How one sits while wearing a dress or skirt will be different to maintain modesty and walking in heels does kind of force you to move in a different way. Bottom line is that no matter what I may be wearing, it's still all me under the skin. :)

Mona
10-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes, my mannerisms change, I walk and pose differently and talk with a gentle voice, I guess partly because it feels liberating or I'm under some kind of feminine 'spell' and partly cuz it's soo fun!

monika
10-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Yes.
But it is more like roleplaying or acting the part.
I do it because it is fun and not because I wanna be a woman and pass as one.

Megan_Girl
10-10-2009, 09:43 PM
I would have to answer no to the question... I don't really change. It's just that when I'm dressed in my pretty things, a different dimension o me is on display. Not unlike if I am wearing my grubbies working im the yard, you'll see the laborer me, or if I'm wearing casual clothing (of either gender) you'll see the relaxed me, and so on. Now if your asking if I carry myself differently, I would have to answer yes. How one sits while wearing a dress or skirt will be different to maintain modesty and walking in heels does kind of force you to move in a different way. Bottom line is that no matter what I may be wearing, it's still all me under the skin. :)

Holly has said far better than I could. Male & Female..... with ebs and flows. Moods and circumstances effecting dress and vice versa.

As another great thinker once said "I yam what I yam!" - Popeye.

XXX
Megan

ginafaye
10-11-2009, 01:14 AM
just cant wipe the smile off my face if that counts

Karen7cd
10-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Yes, I have been working on my voice and was doing some cleaning. A door fell off a cabinet and I needed a philips. I went over to "his" (<< my) dresser and looked around, and said to myself, "Now where would he but a philips".
A girl has got to prove herself that she can do anything...
When I dress, I am Karen. I need to lose a little weight. I do butt exercises. My makeup is never right. Everyday is a bad hair day... Those nails need work.
I would love a pedicure

Electra
10-11-2009, 10:21 AM
No, still have my family jewels :heehee:.

Jamie VieJolie
10-11-2009, 03:47 PM
I know I'm definitely more relaxed and easygoing when dressed. In male mode I can be fun but I have a tendency to brood.

elaine_kt8
10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
I have noticed that I switch to a feminine frame of mind not only when dressing, but also sometimes in boy-mode, e.g. when clothes shopping, or when interacting with female colleagues (e.g., as one of the girls).

Moreover this frame of mind can persist for some time after I have changed back from girl-mode to boy-mode. For example the confidence it brings can persist well into the next day.

Since the change in mind-set is somewhat under my control, I dont really think of this as changing character.

NathalieX66
10-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Walking in heels pretty much changes the way you walk.
I think stomping around as if you are wearing workboots pretty much ruins the whole thing.

BrendaJane
10-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I would say to a certain extent that I do. It all depends on to what degree I dress when I dress.

Michelle-Leigh
10-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Now that I am spending at least 75% of my spare time en femme, I find my body English automatically shifting over into a very feminine mode upon getting dressed. I flow gracefully as I move about, and my stationary body English is so feminine that it sometimes gives me a shiver when I look down over my highly feminized, dressed-up body. The dynamics come kind of natural to me, being somewhat derived from my artsy skating form, and years of observation in the field. The voice is an unsolved problem, however.

CindyT
10-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh yes! I totally turn into a female when I'm dressed! That's sort of the whole purpose isn't it??? :)

Rachel Morley
10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I would say that I do and I don't ..... that's to say I don't radically change. I do feel different though. IMHO I think that my normal non-masculine mannerisms and attitude become somewhat more emphasized which translates into becoming more feminine, which in turn when dressed, looks natural and normal for a woman. :)

Parker0429
10-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Absolutely! My walk, keeping my back straight and chin slightly up, projecting my breasts. Sitting with my legs tightly closed together. For all practical purposes, while I am dressed, I am a woman.

ArleneRaquel
10-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Oh my yes ! I have always wanted to be a woman. When enfemme my personality totally chages for the Better. :love:

MissyW
10-12-2009, 12:27 AM
I do think in a more gurly way. I am more relaxed. Eddie Izzard says he is more confident. Maybe I am a little bit too.

Tina Marie
10-12-2009, 06:03 AM
Oh yes, very much so. I am more aware of things like sitting with legs crossed, my walk, my bending at the knees when picking things up. And for some reason I like doing house work more. The wife even notices.

Barbara918
10-12-2009, 06:50 AM
Postscript to my earlier response: I don't know if I act more feminine, but some of my friends have told me I seem happier.

sabrina mercedes
10-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Most certainly!!!!
I love to walk with the loose sway of my arms and hips.
I sit with my hands smoothing my skirt underneath me.
I cross my legs, keep them together when not crossed and bend down from my knees.
My purpose for dressing is to be as close to a woman as possible.
Thus, the change in my appearance, actions, thoughts, desires, etc.
I only wish it were real.:daydreaming::kiss:

robyn
10-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Most of the time I feel much differerent. It's almost automatic. Also while dressing and later there are things that cause a rush. Slipping into my heels. Putting on my slip and seeing everything statrting to come together.
Something GG's might take for granted such as reaching for and re applying my lipstick. My bra strap might slip. There is a nice sensation to that. Looking down and seeing my legs and heels. It's just so easy to slip in to the correct movements.

boardpuppy
10-12-2009, 01:17 PM
When dressed I do change. I notice it most when shopping(pushing a cart), the walk, I find I am smiling more and spending more time in the ladies sections of the stores. Maybe all this is a result of the SA's being more willing to help/assist or I am just projecting more confidence as a lady.

Hugs,
Alice

NathalieX66
10-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Now, to turn the table, doesn't anyone agree that when in 'guy' mode, and even for most males, there is a need to exude a certain amount of masculinity? Epecially when around other men? How much of it within your own personality and disposition is "au naturel" and real vs. how much is "acting" when in a social situation?

I think it goes both ways.

Hali
10-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Absolutely. Not only that i become more feminine but i feel like i have finally set or fine tune myself into a nice comfortable zone and all of a sudden i start to act "more natural". it feels like removing a tuxedo after a friends long wedding day and taking a bath and wearing a nice pair of comfortable T-shirt and jeans sipping a nice juice and watching ur favorite TV program.

..........Ohhhh that feeling..........nothing compares to it.

Claire Cook
10-13-2009, 05:19 AM
No, since that would imply that I was masculine to begin with. LOL!

Seriously, when I'm dressed, I'm a lot less shy and a lot more confident. I don't know if that translates into "feminine", but it is who I really am.

I think that's the way I am. The mannerisms and whatever else goes into it. just happen. I'd like to carry those feelings into "guy mode", when I can be self-conscious and sometimes over-react as "male", and lose the empathy part of my personality.