PDA

View Full Version : At the car dealer

Magickman
08-31-2009, 07:12 PM
So, there I was at the car dealer, negotiating for the purchase of a new automobile. The dealer's receptionost recognized me, and she said, "Oh, I know you. I've seen you at the nail saloon." Right in front of the sales manager.

There I was, with bright orange nails, in front of everyone. "Which salon was that?" asked the sales manager. "Expose," I said, "right next to the grocery store."

"Is that your best price," i asked, moving past the issue of the nail salon that thre receptionist and I shared.

It was a moment of slight anxiety, but I was there to deal on a car.

Has something like this happened to anyone else?

sherri52
08-31-2009, 07:28 PM
I have had my hair done at a salon as a man so I'm past caring what others think

Sally2005
08-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Well...if you are wearing bright orange nails shouldn't you be prepared to have someone notice them! :o Did you get a good deal on the car with a free salon visit thrown in to close the deal?

Nicole Erin
09-01-2009, 01:02 AM
[QUOTE=Sally2005;1853464]Well...if you are wearing bright orange nails shouldn't you be prepared to have someone notice them! :o [QUOTE]
they would be kind of loud.
:heehee:

Christina Horton
09-01-2009, 01:06 AM
naaaaaaaa I have long nails 24/7 and there always painted as well as me toes so it does not matter. I was looking for a car at Honda and I was dressed and the sales man was very nice , he opened the door form me and told me all about the car etc. So no worries.

Loni
10-26-2009, 04:54 PM
I wish I could just have nails, my real ones are brittle and crack at the slightes erge.
Also my job would be hard to have such, nails on a male trucker??

donnatracey
10-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Well...if you are wearing bright orange nails shouldn't you be prepared to have someone notice them! :o Did you get a good deal on the car with a free salon visit thrown in to close the deal?

Sally, geez, I just got home from having my nails done in bright orange to match my toenails - Halloween theme! Will be interesting the next few days as I have several appointments, including a car service at the dealer.

They do look soo nice though.....:heehee:

Persephone
10-26-2009, 07:25 PM
I wish I could just have nails, my real ones are brittle and crack at the slightes erge.

You have the perfect reason to have acrylics, Loni!

My natural nails always used to crack across the nail below the fingertip (on the part where there is finger tissue). It really hurt!

One day I was with one of my GG friends while she was getting her manicure and I asked the manicurist if there was any treatment that would keep my nails from cracking. She said that the only thing that would work would be acrylics.

They do require some color - either built in to the acrylic or applied as polish. I normally use a combination of polishes that yields a sort of "natural" look and something like that might work for you.

You can make them the same length as men's short nails if you wish.

Ashley_in_Texas
10-26-2009, 07:33 PM

I guess I am fortunate that I can use my thumbnail as a screwdriver sometimes. Yes, Really.
I was almost busted today with my painted toenails. I got all wet at work, including shoes and socks. I went to my parents house, and my dad offered me a fresh pair. I took off one sock, and saw the color "Shocker" staring at me, and quickly put the sock back on. I told him "Dry socks won't stay dry in these wet boots. Thanks anyway.":whew!:

donnatracey
10-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Quick thinking Ashley! That color must be something to see (OK, maybe NOT your dad) if it's called "Shocker"!