PDA

View Full Version : Went for a girly haircut

Ariel_TV
07-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Hi girls,

I wanted to share a fun experience i had this week-end . First of i have to say that before this week-end it been months since i had my hair cut (lack of time / money). So saturday i was with my girlfriend and we were thinking what to do today , so out of the blues she says let go get your hair cut but in a way that makes it easy to stayle my hair in a feminine way. At first i was scared of going to ask a perfect stranger to make me a girly haircut but she assured me that the guy who cut her hair is a very accepting person. So i decide why the hell not lol.

So we go to her salon , i was very nervous before going in , and we start talking to the guy that we want a haircut that can be arranged in feminine ways . So after looking thru books we find a haircut that pretty nice and can do alot of feminine style . ( my g/f told the barber she wanted my haircut to be 65% femme 35% male lol ).

So he starts to work but i am still shy especially since theyre was another barber who was young and looked macho. but then the next client that enter is a slim boy who came in for a touch . The he starts talking to the other barber about recent shows he did , turns out he was a crossdresser / drag-queen performer lol ... talk about being put at ease . It was fun to listenning to a more professionnal crossdresser .

Finnally when my haircut was done , he styled it in a femine way so once i came out of the salon , i was in drab , not shaven but with a very girly haircut . I was scared at people looking at me but at the same time i could fell the shyness going down some more.

I am glad i did it cause now my g/f can arrange my hair in a feminine way without having to wear wigs . :) Now i am determine to let my hair grow even more .

Tiffy
07-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Way to go girl. I wish I could do such a thing but I will always have to use wigs. My hair is way to thick to let grow out. Ends up looking like a brush pile. lol

Kisses, April

BethCD
07-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Ariel, That's fantastic!! :dance: . I hope you can post some pics soon of your new do. ;)
Beth

Sigrid
07-18-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm very envious... I wish I could do that too, unfortunately mine is 65% male and 35% balding.

Toyah
07-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Agree with sigrid wish I had the hair to do it

Wendy me
07-18-2005, 11:52 AM
way cool i am growing out my own hair now most of the time i wear it in a poney tail love the feel of it on my neck and shoulders....i havent thought of cutting it ...hope we can pitchures of yours when done....

Melissa A.
07-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Pretty cool, Ariel. I wish you continued success with your hair. Something I would love to experience, but like Sigrid, I would have to go on Rogain for a while before even getting started!! I had beautifully long hair in my teens, halfway down my back. *sniff* I miss that head of hair!

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Natalie x
07-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Wonderful story, Ariel, thanks for sharing it. You are making me envious too, as my hair fits the same description as Sigrid's, Toyah's and Melissa's. Thank God for affordable wigs!

I have had my little bit of hair styled in a feminine way, though. My employer has a hairdresser who comes to the hotel where I work to do her hair, and last time she came I asked if she would do mine in a more feminine style. My boss even paid for it for me. I'm just too aware of the hole on the top, though, which ruins the whole effect. Maybe when it's long enough to do in a ponytail, like Wendy, it will be a bit better.

paulaN
07-18-2005, 01:08 PM
so cool I have though of doing that many times but have not worked up the courage yet. Way to go gurl.

Clare
07-21-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm trying to follow your lead Ariel. I have not cut my hair for three months now and it is slowly but surely growing longer. I have the usual bald patch that is getting bigger, so i don't know if my hair will ever achieve a real femminine look when grown out.

My hair is just starting t get into the difficult stage of growth - a bit of a shaggy style at the moment, but too soon to get it trimmed even for a girl style at this point.

I just hope i can keep my long hair when i get a new job! Some employers are still strict about 'proper' appearance unfortunately!

Christine

Crystal Harmony
07-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Ive been seeing my hair dresser for a while and she knows im growing my hair long at the moment but didnt really know what style i wanted so i bought a few girly hair style mags,picked a few out and when i went for my hair cut the other day i showed her what i wanted and if it suited me and we agreed on two really good styles.She said it makes her job soooooo much easyer now she has a picture to go off,she said only if all her clients who were growing there hair long did that.And its 100% fem and she did not say a single thing about why i want a fem hair style,how cool was that :) :thumbsup:

Deidra Cowen
07-22-2005, 04:41 AM
Wow, way to go Ariel. You will really have an advantage in dressing with your own hair. I envy the Tgirls I see in Atlanta that don't have to wear wigs.

RachelDenise
07-22-2005, 04:41 AM
I am so excited for you Ariel! Way to go Crystal! I wish I could do the girly-hair thing!