PDA

View Full Version : I bought my first dress

Maxi
09-01-2009, 08:46 AM
I bought my first dress the other day. I was on the Sears web site, and saw one I liked, so I ordered it.
I realized my wife would probably be the one getting it from the mail man, so last night, I told her I bought a dress.
She seemed a little surprised, but found an interest in it. She is intrigued by the thought. It should arrive later this week.
I am excited.

Heather Daniels
09-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Careful hun, shopping can be addictive. :) Congrats on your first dress purchase.

Ralph
09-01-2009, 07:35 PM
You could at least give us a link to the dress so we can see it too!

jenna_woods
09-01-2009, 07:38 PM
nice lets see some pic wen you get your frist dress hun.

Maxi
09-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I bought the color in the picture. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_027B217281110001P?vName=Clothing&cName=Women%27s&sName=Dresses&sid=K-on-Sx20k061224x0000002

Angie G
09-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Good for you your on your way now girl. Careful girl the shopping bug will grow. Enjoy your first dress it's an awesome feeling.:hugs:
Angie

Lady Joan
09-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Congratulations on your first dress. And the others are correct, shopping can be addictive.

StaceyJane
09-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Once you buy your first dress it won't be too long before your looking for a second one.

jenniferj
09-02-2009, 01:02 PM
and a third and a fourth...

I have bought an embarrassingly large number, and I still get the thrill. You will never have enough!:daydreaming:

-jj

Gerard
09-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Oh yeah. Happy times when you can finally accept your own desires, even if you should not always act on them.

Christina Horton
09-02-2009, 02:52 PM
I bought my first dress the other day. I was on the Sears web site, and saw one I liked, so I ordered it.
I realized my wife would probably be the one getting it from the mail man, so last night, I told her I bought a dress.
She seemed a little surprised, but found an interest in it. She is intrigued by the thought. It should arrive later this week.
I am excited.

Ok let me get this straight your told her you ordered a dress, she was surprised? Does she know you CD? Is this the way your coming out to her? Or did she know you CD before? Your post was to short and some missing data, More please!!!:D

boardpuppy
09-02-2009, 03:06 PM
A very elegant dress, I'm sure the pic's will be forthcoming. The dress bug hasn't got to me yet but I will need more space in the closet for the blouce/pant combo's.

Hugs's
Alice

PheonaP
09-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Lovely dress Maxi, you'll be joining the Shopaholic Girls Club next week then? :hugs:

Paula Siemen
09-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Lucky Girl!!! I'm unemployed and haven't had money to buy a dress in six months...or for that matter, shoes, wigs, purses, lingerie, makeup or amything:sad:...AND there are such great sales going on:Angry3:

KimberlyJo
09-02-2009, 08:28 PM
now obviously your going to need some shoes to go with that...oh and a new bra and panty set. Not to mention some accessories like a necklace, maybe a bracelet...might as well pick up some new makeup while you're at it. (Don't forget the stockings!!)

...Oh and earrings...

:D

sherri52
09-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Start enlarging the closet. Heather has already told you shopping is addictive.

Renee Demarea
09-04-2009, 06:14 AM
Congradulations on your new Dress ,now you need shoes LOL...........:)

Teri Jean
09-04-2009, 06:36 AM
"Honey, you know that dress I bought last week? Well I need a larger wardrobe already cuz I found some more stuff." LOL Be carefull the bug is addictive, oh you will also need to pick up a shoe tree/rack for your added shoes. Have fun dear.

Teri

DAVIDA
09-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Such a sassy first dress!:thumbsup:
I like it!:D

Lucy_W
09-04-2009, 06:42 AM
That's great news! I'm still on the lookout for my first dress. It's such a hard task to find the right one, and there's not much space right now for things so it's going to have to be restricted to one or two at most for now. :sad: I just got the shoes which I'm over the moon with, so I'm really eager to complete the outfit. The list of stuff is extensive but it'll be more than worth it for both of us :love:

Hopefully, I'll be able to exercise enough self control not to end up in Shopaholics Anonymous meetings, but you never know, it is real exciting... :o

Maxi
09-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Christina, it has always been a part of the bedroom. Lingerie, and sleep wear. This is my first daywear item.

My dress arrived yesterday. All I could do was take it out of the box and hang it up, for it was getting so late. Tonight I should have time to try it on.
The fabric is a lot lighter weight than I was expecting. This should be fun.

Frédérique
09-04-2009, 12:05 PM
My dress arrived yesterday. All I could do was take it out of the box and hang it up, for it was getting so late. Tonight I should have time to try it on. The fabric is a lot lighter weight than I was expecting. This should be fun.

Hi Maxi! You’ll be buying a lot of dresses from now on…
I’m expecting a couple of dresses in the mail today or tomorrow, and I always do the same thing. I hang them up, and wait to try them on later, but I feel the fabric, and my anticipation grows. I always delay pleasure for some reason, but it’s never disappointing, is it? :c9:

Jessica Who
09-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Congratulations, I remember my first dress ::tears of joy:::battingeyelashes:

Sally1979ct
09-04-2009, 05:33 PM
That looks a really nice dress , I don't own one at the moment , And yes Shopping can be additive with the Plastic :)

Sally :)

Maxi
09-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply with an update.
My dress arrived, and it fits great. She has no problems with me wearing it. I have logged quite a bit of time in it this week, while preparing the house for the mother inlaws arrival tonight. She will be here for ten days, so it needs to look good. All has gone great. I do have a little trouble with the zipper. It is under the left arm. I have trouble reaching it, and have to turn it around so I can zip it, then put on the shoulder straps.

kristinacd55
09-12-2009, 11:45 AM
and a third and a fourth...

I have bought an embarrassingly large number, and I still get the thrill. You will never have enough!:daydreaming:

-jj

Ditto, here. Just bought another one from HSN for $22 on closeout & I love it!!
http://fashion.hsn.com/bella-blue-printed-dress-with-jacket-ensemble_e-511_xe.aspx hopefully that copied, and btw it's not me in the dress! :)

Maxi
09-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Kristina, Thats beautiful, I just have a little too much gut for the waistline.